2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

Not sure how Bryce Love looks like a 4.50 but a couple of points:

-Love has several age group world and American records from ages 11 to 14 over 100m, 200m, and 400m.

-Love ran 10.73 over 100m 1 week after turning age 14 back in 2011.

-Love ran the fastest 40 yard dash at the 2013 Under Armour All-American Combine, 4.4 electronic. Most attendees were juniors but Love was one of the few sophomores at the event

-Love ran an electronic “4.30” at the Washington DC NFTC/SPARQ event in April 2014

-Love ran electronic 4.33 & 4.36 at Stanford last Spring.  He’s now 195-200 pounds as opposed to his 175-180 in high school.

Love and Donte Jackson both ran 4.47 at the SPARQ National Championship in July 2014 and I think both had faulty timing.

Highlights of Love at the 2011 USA Junior Olympics .  Keep in mind these are the top sprinters in the nation in his age group.

2011 USA Junior Olympics

• Like 3

Added some players to the list, a few I found out were coming back to school for another year or are going to another school for their final year.  Sure some more will pop up around the Spring games and through the rest of the draft process.  

*Chase Winovich Michigan DE RS SR - Very surprised he was coming back for another year.  Had a real breakout season last year and really came into his own as a aggressive pass rusher.  Plays with a good motor and should be even better next year potentially.  

*Jonathan Alvarez Oklahoma OU RS SR - Was very surprised he did not play last year and always wondered why.   Great to see him back, always liked his toughness and athletic ability, can play guard or center.  Nice looking prospect and potential 2nd round pick if he plays well and could be higher.  

*Amani Oruwariye Penn State CB/S RS SR - Thought for sure he was out for the draft, really came on strong last year with the injuries they had.  Filled in very nicely and made a lot of big plays.  Promising player and with some progression mid round pick I think.  Solid secondary with him and Reid out there potentially, Amani has ability at corner or even safety with his size.

*Dante Booker Ohio State OLB RS SR - Very big and athletic linebacker, has not really played great of yet and for sure will be good to have another season under his belt.  Time to see if he can finally use all that talent and become an elite level player.  

*Bryson Allen-Williams South Carolina RS SR - Liked him for awhile with his athletic ability and range at linebacker.  Love his speed overall and see if he can have a solid season for the Gamecocks.  Could be a mid to late round pick with a good year I think.

*Nick Harvey NA CB RS SR - Leaving school and going to another one next year.  Never was a great corner but showed enough flashes I think to be considered a prospect.  Nice quickness and ability to take for his size I feel.  One of the few who showed some toughness at DB for them in a secondary that was usually not that great, especially at corner.  

*Ira Lewis Baylor DT SR - Also included him into the top 120, had him ranked previously but just moved him up looking back on what he has done.  Really impressive physical size and strength, good ability to get to the QB from the inside as well and I expect him to take it to another level this season.  

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Well a thin 2019 QB class could get thinner.   Ole Miss blocking the appeal not a great look for them, and obviously if it's successful, then now Eason and Patterson move to the 2020 draft class.

Sucks for for Michigan, they are going to have to go with Peters or McCaffrey then at QB.  Still nice to have some options though in that case, would have been nice to have Patterson but might be best for Patterson in the long term anyway to get a year to sit and develop some more.  Eason could say the same thing with, would be a reach to have Patterson rated that highly for 2019 anyway.  

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Very true. He'll still be drafted though. He'd be a very solid #1 RB at any school in the nation.

I agree he is solid but did moderately disappoint last year.  There is a reason Dobbins got those carries last year, he played better when he was in there and was better than Weber.  But Weber and the injury did hurt him a little on the field potentially with production especially early.  Be curious how they do when the QB run game is not as prominent as it has been with JT in there.  Doubt Haskins will run as often, but maybe they will end up mixing in Martell to get some more QB run.  

Some more players that I had in this years draft who are not and should be next year potentially.  Really wish they would consolidate and actually list a RS year and just that a RS year, instead of having some colleges do it and some do not.  Also going to include some to the original list.  

*Drue Tranquill OLB Notre Dame RS SR: Outstanding player, thought he would have been a mid rounder this year.  Love his move to linebacker from safety and should be even better next year.  Solid in coverage for a linebacker, good strong hitter and has nice speed.  Could have a great year for Notre Dame and really improve his draft stock for sure if he can stay healthy.

*D'Cota Dixon S Wisconsin RS SR: Active safety, thought he was better two years ago, but still has enough athletic ability to make big plays in the football game.  Good active coverage and can come down around the line of scrimmage from time to time as well and do some things.  See how he does this year with what should be a fine Wisconsin team.  

*Ian Bunting TE Cal Graduate Transfer:  Really like his size and is a solid blocker for sure, still needs to splash more as a pass catcher and could have the chance at Cal compared to Michigan where there are four other guys pretty close to him and close to his size.  

*Sunny Odogwu OT UCLA Graduate Transfer:  Is still a big time long show I think, only splashed a little on Miami FL before.  Huge kid though with upside with that physical size and athletic ability, will see if he can put it together.  

For USC..(seniors only)

-Porter Gustin, Edge: He's gonna be a HUGE problem for offenses this year. Really excited to have him healthy again and word around spring ball has been very positive for him both physically and mentally.

-Marvell Tell III, Safety: Another senior who is expected to have a big year, has gotten consistently better each and everyone year and has turned into a leader in the secondary.

-Iman Marshall, CB: IMO does not have the foot speed to stick as a CB in the NFL but reports have been very good this spring, time will tell.

Others:

-Chumda Edoga, OT

-Cam Smith, LB

-Aca'Cedric Ware, RB

Edited by CaliforniaKid7
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

For USC..(seniors only)

-Porter Gustin, Edge: He's gonna be a HUGE problem for offenses this year. Really excited to have him healthy again and word around spring ball has been very positive for him both physically and mentally.

-Marvell Tell III, Safety: Another senior who is expected to have a big year, has gotten consistently better each and everyone year and has turned into a leader in the secondary.

-Iman Marshall, CB: IMO does not have the foot speed to stick as a CB in the NFL but reports have been very good this spring, time will tell.

Others:

-Chumda Edoga, OT

-Cam Smith, LB

-Aca'Cedric Ware, RB

Chris Brown the RS SR should be a very solid OG, showed a lot of athletic ability and grit early last year I thought and could be a decent mid level draft pick.  I like Edoga but need to see him progress some more, has a very solid build about him though.

Gustin has a lot of potential as a pass rusher but has yet to really put it all together and last year really hurt with the injuries, see if he can finally put it together and stay on the field and be productive.  Cameron Smith I like a lot but he also needs to take it to the next level, really like his pass rush ability he has shown and ability to get behind the line of scrimmage and make plays, gives him another skill set potentially.  There are some ILBs I would take over him out there though, see if he can become one of the top guys with his play on the field.  I like Tell as well, he played very good last season and did indeed get a lot better from the year before.  Marshall I expected a lot more out of him last year and he did not really do it, will see if he can become that true lock down corner.  

Tyler Vaughns really came on strong late last year and will be a RS SOPH I believe, could be a early entry candidate but will see how he plays.  Will be interesting how Pittman does as well, he played great late last year.  Daniel Imatorbhebhe will be interesting as well how he develops, showed flashes but has to be way more consistent on the field overall.  I expect Carr to get a majority of the carries, not a huge fan of Ware just yet but will see.  

Overall USC is in a huge transition mode, kind of disappointed a little bit last year I thought.  Now with no Darnold they have a lot of work to do to get back to that elite level.  Darnold carried them to a lot of wins that I do not think they would have got without him.  He was a gigantic part of the success of USC, see what they do next.  

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- Andrew Van Ginkel - Going to be a top 3-4 OLB prospect 

This dude dominated in every Wisconsin game I saw of him last year. I remember laughing at his ridiculous look. He was built like a WR and looked like a female playing LB'er. And then I saw him play. The dude was everywhere. Made splash plays in both the run game and pass game. Got after the QB, dropped into passing lanes. Has excellent movement skills. Bendy athlete. I still feel like he's extremely undersized to be playing essentially DE in the NFL, but his tape is very impressive. He's going to be a star if he can add some weight.

• Like 1