Most likely position to deal from (draft/training camp)

sp6488

Most likely position group?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely position group?

• RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • OL
    • DL
    • ILB
    • OLB
    • CB
    • S

What is the position from which you think that we are most likely to trade a player currently under contract?  It could either be a part of moving in the draft or dealing to a needy team in training camp/preseason.  This isn't to say it will necessarily happen.  Just what do you view as the most likely position from which we would make such a deal?

I think it would be D-line. We have a lot of depth here and could see someone we like in the draft, particularly that can rush from inside.  

I think DL makes a great deal of sense, but if we draft a running back, we could potentially have a surplus of solid backs: Dixon, Allen, Collins, and *Chubb*

We’re not going to want to keep all of those backs. And Alex Collins in particular could hold a lot of trade value. Some might not want to trade him, but if he nets us a conditional 3rd/4th round pick because some team has a string of injuries and/or lack talent... and we’ve got Buck Allen and Dixon as backups to an already durable hog like Chubb, why not?

Not saying it's 50+ percent going to happen or even close, but I'd put the best odds on cornerback. I think all of Jimmy, Humphrey, Carr, Young, and Canady are locks to be on an NFL roster. I think someone in FO specifically called out Jaylen as a piece going forward in one of the offseason interviews, can't remember who/when. It's unlikely they carry more than 6, so if we draft one and/or find another Jaylen in camp then the there's more we can roster. 

The reason it's still less proabbly than not is because we all know someone is getting hurt in camp.

I voted runningback. 

I could see somebody wanting Allen for a 6-7 round pick if he fits their scheme, I could see interest in Collins for a mid round pick, and if Dixon shows something, I could see us taking a chance on him as our 2. runningback or trading him for a 4-5 round pick.

Archived