Notification Alert Constantly Returning

RuskieTitan

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this. I've noticed that a lot of times on the forum I will receive a red indicator on the notification or message icons that alert me to a new notification or message. However, after I click on it and read whatever it was, it goes away. That is not the problem. The problem is after I've read those notifications/messages and go back to browsing Football's Future, or tab over to another page or use another program on my phone or computer, the notifications return... even though I have already read them. Sometimes I'm still browsing the same thread! It's rather irritating to see the same notification pop up on alert status on the icons even though when I click on it, it shows that the notification is grayed out, that I have already seen/read it. This has happened both on my phone (Android) as well as on my computer (Google Chrome). I have attempted to clear my cookies, cache, and everything else, but this problem still persists. It's annoying to not know whether I got an actual 'new' notification or message, or if it's the same glitched one as before. There also seems to be no way to remove these indicators (which frankly I love) but it is driving me mad and I'm not sure what the fix can be.

From the FAQ - 

I clicked on the popup notification and the notification icon didn't reset to 0.

You have to click on the notification icon to view and reset the notifications.  Clicking the popup notification will only take you to the post.  It will not clear the notification icon.

12 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

From the FAQ - 

I clicked on the popup notification and the notification icon didn't reset to 0.

You have to click on the notification icon to view and reset the notifications.  Clicking the popup notification will only take you to the post.  It will not clear the notification icon.

The issue isn't that it's not resetting to 0, it is. The problem is that it's going away after I click on the icon, THEN later on it returns as if I received a new notification... only it's the same one from before.

It's also not just 1 number. If I visit the site after a few hours and have 5 notifications and 2 messages (for example), after clicking and reading them all, they all go away... then later that same 5 & 2 combo will return. Sometimes I've tabbed to another page up top, or switched to another program, but sometimes it happens when I'm still on the same page in a thread and it reappears after a few minutes.

Archived