Raiders sign LB Emmanuel Lamur

RaidersAreOne

A good buddy of mine is a Vikings fan. He liked Lamur OK. Didn't necessarily think he was a challenge to Gideon (of course he wasn't pushing Barr/Kendricks), but didn't mind him in a game in spot duty, and liked his ST contribution. My assumption is that he can at least compete with James/Morrow for the WLB job, more of a threat to get defensive playing time than Kyle Wilbur. 

As I was typing that I was thinking, "This team really needs Navorro Bowman."

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

lets be real, a backup Minn LBer probably could have started for us last year.
esp before we got Bowman.

I am all for using FA for depth signings like these, use draft, (easier said then done) to get our difference makers

Indeed. If you've been an NFL LB for a few years, the Raiders could use you. Even before Irvin moved to DE, we had to get a bunch of guys at the position this offseason and we couldn't only rely on the draft. Hopefully we add some through the draft as well and we get some real competition in TC.

At least we're paying attention to a weakness. Depth yes but depth is always needed. would rather see a solid rotation of guys giving their all, than some 'name' who booms/busts  for a big play here and there not really grinding it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived