Brady's Alleged 2016 Concussion

cddolphin

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm pretty sure it's the business of the NFL and the team he's playing against.  If he hid a concussion, he cheated.  There's a rule for concussed players, and he broke that rule.  Once a cheater, always a cheater.

If Tom Brady's a cheater, what about every other NFL Player whose had an injury they didn't report but played through anyway? Did they cheat too? Is half the league cheating? 

4 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

If Tom Brady's a cheater, what about every other NFL Player whose had an injury they didn't report but played through anyway? Did they cheat too? Is half the league cheating? 

If it happened before it was a rule to report concussions, no.  If it happened after, yes. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If it happened before it was a rule to report concussions, no.  If it happened after, yes. 

Except it's a rule that a TEAM must report if one of their players is DIAGNOSED with a concussion. Brady was never diagnosed. If Brady got hit in the head,  thought he might have a concussion, and never told anyone, that's not illegal.

Besides, cheating means breaking a rule to get an advantage, the concussion rule is not there to punish players who get hit in the head, but to protect players from danger. In that way, it's really up to the players if they follow it or not. It's technically illegal to drive with your seatbelt off, but you don't get some special advantage on other drivers if you flout that law.

7 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Except it's a rule that a TEAM must report if one of their players is DIAGNOSED with a concussion. Brady was never diagnosed. If Brady got hit in the head,  thought he might have a concussion, and never told anyone, that's not illegal.

Besides, cheating means breaking a rule to get an advantage, the concussion rule is not there to punish players who get hit in the head, but to protect players from danger. In that way, it's really up to the players if they follow it or not. It's technically illegal to drive with your seatbelt off, but you don't get some special advantage on other drivers if you flout that law.

This, All this. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's not an advantage if Tom Brady has to leave a game in the fourth quarter in order to go through the concussion protocol?  Okay. 

If you're really gonna pick at that scab, I'd guarantee your QB has played through an injury he shouldn't have at one point but did it anyway for the team. QBs have played through Torn ACLs, Separated shoulders, Concussions etc.

It is an advantage, but ehh....Playing against an obviously concussed/injured QB makes it easier for the defense so it levels out.

If I was Tom Brady and I had a concussion, I wouldn't have told my doctors or coaches either. Maybe wife should be added to that list. 

I've said before I don't care about this story, he has every right to not report a suspected concussion if he wants to play through it and I'd wager hundreds of other players have done the same. Looking at YOU fan of a team that has NFL players on it.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

None of our business? Fine. Should he then be promoting these products he claims will prevent injuries he isn't willing to discuss?

Morality has no ties to business deals. 

On 8/8/2017 at 7:06 AM, cddolphin said:

Should he then be promoting these products he claims will prevent injuries he isn't willing to discuss?

He's claimed his products will prevent injuries?

On 8/4/2017 at 3:17 PM, cddolphin said:

I'm not sure those are equivalent scenarios, nor do I think that's what HIPPA is meant for. HIPPA is meant to protect medical information when it is shared between doctors / insurers / etc. I'm assuming your employer doesn't weigh you or measure your hands either.

Hippa most certainly does protect you from your employer. Even your company insurance carrier can not tell the company what you got treated for.  Now a team that wants to sign you as a FA can stipulate that you provide your medical records, and your own team can do likewise when your contract is up.  And I don't know any employer that hires someone without that person taking a physical. 

Players,specially players on the bubble do not report injuries unless they have no choice. You read about players running into the training room and getting supplies without the trainers there, so a report can't be made.  And please remember Giselle did not say a doctor said he was concussed, just that they thought he was.    

Archived