Brady's Alleged 2016 Concussion

cddolphin

On 8/9/2017 at 10:58 AM, domepatrol91 said:

He's claimed his products will prevent injuries?

Our TB12 BrainHQ program was developed by world class neuroscientists and has been proven to enhance performance, build resilience, and support recovery.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:06 AM, cddolphin said:

None of our business? Fine. Should he then be promoting these products he claims will prevent injuries he isn't willing to discuss?

Yes he should.  What does one have to do with the other? And the products don't prevent injuries. The training method, foods and supplements will make you less likley to suffer injuries, and heal faster when you do.  Gronk eating Avacodo ice cream is not going to stop Ward taking out Gronk's knees.  His record of only missing games due to Pollard hitting him in the knee in 17 years of playing NFL football is anecdotal  evidence enough for his claims. 

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

"Whether I have excema is none of your business, but make sure you buy my TB12 Xtreme-Excema Cream, which has helped me prevent excema flare-ups."

Got it.

Yes, exactly. Except He is not saying TB12 training regimen will help prevent concussions or make them go away faster. 

1 minute ago, patman said:

Yes, exactly. Except He is not saying TB12 training regimen will help prevent concussions or make them go away faster. 

So when his brain program is meant to "build resilience" and "support recovery", what does that mean to you?

What Brain program?  Go on the TB12 website and show me where there is a brain program dealing with concussions. There are exercises that supposed to make you react quicker to stimuli.  Building resilience and support recovery is not stating that you don't get concussions,   

5 minutes ago, patman said:

What Brain program?  Go on the TB12 website and show me where there is a brain program dealing with concussions. There are exercises that supposed to make you react quicker to stimuli. 

The word concussion is never used (I'm sure his lawyers had a say in that decision). But if you're a young athlete, and you read this on the TB12 website:

"Brain exercise is a critical component of our TB12 method for achieving and sustaining peak performance. Our TB12 BrainHQ program was developed by world class neuroscientists and has been proven to enhance performance, build resilience, and support recovery.  These exercises help improve memory, sharpen attention, and accelerate visual and auditory processing — boosting performance on the field and in everyday life."

What do you take away from that?

What exactly are customers supposed to be "building resilience" to? "Support recovery".. recovery from what brain-related problems exactly?

I take away form that, is if you believe him buy the book and program, if you don't- fine with him. But that he will not share his personal medical history with you to entice you to do so.  If him playing for 17 years and only missing games to that one injury is not enough "evidence" then please do not buy his program.   

2 minutes ago, patman said:

I take away form that, is if you believe him buy the book and program, if you don't- fine with him. But that he will not share his personal medical history with you to entice you to do so.  If him playing for 17 years and only missing games to that one injury is not enough "evidence" then please do not buy his program.   

Bernard Pollard is selling bathroom gadgets. Get on his level.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2014/05/23/titans-pollard-invention-sink/9486933/

Tom Brody is selling....What? An entirely subjective supplement system that may or may not work. 

On 8/10/2017 at 3:47 PM, cddolphin said:

The word concussion is never used (I'm sure his lawyers had a say in that decision). But if you're a young athlete, and you read this on the TB12 website:

"Brain exercise is a critical component of our TB12 method for achieving and sustaining peak performance. Our TB12 BrainHQ program was developed by world class neuroscientists and has been proven to enhance performance, build resilience, and support recovery.  These exercises help improve memory, sharpen attention, and accelerate visual and auditory processing — boosting performance on the field and in everyday life."

What exactly are customers supposed to be "building resilience" to? "Support recovery".. recovery from what brain-related problems exactly?

When you are in the concussion protocol, they administer you tests- these same tests were given to you during camp.  How well you reach the same performance is one of the  steps you need to take to get back on the field. 

By recovery- 

:" Until a player returns to the "baseline level of signs and symptoms and neurological examination," only limited stretching and balance activities are recommended. Electronics, social media and team meetings are all to be avoided." 

Building resilience by brain exercises I take to mean "mental" resiliency.

Tom Brady has a brain program that supposedly prevents injuries?  Exactly how much money has he swindled from the masses?

Joking aside, I think one important thing about preventing concussions is having a strong neck.  The licks you don't see coming are the licks that don't even need all that much force to concuss someone, because you cannot brace for the impact.  Having a strong neck that can keep your skull stable through a hard lick is probably a good thing.

On 10/08/2017 at 8:47 PM, cddolphin said:

The problem here is that you don't understand what the word "resilience" means. You seem to think it is the same as resistance, when it is not.

"Resilience"  means to recover quickly, not be resistant to. These are clearly being marketed to help sharpen the mind in recovery from head injuries and concussions, and since you claim he played with a concussion without a dip in performance, perhaps they work.

As to his refusal to talk about his alleged concussion, I doubt it has anything to do with his business, and much to do with avoiding getting his team in hot water for allegations of falsifying the injury report, and indeed not wanting to appear to call out his wife for making up stories. Something the tabloids would be all over.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:40 AM, ChazStandard said:

The problem here is that you don't understand what the word "resilience" means. You seem to think it is the same as resistance, when it is not.

"Resilience"  means to recover quickly, not be resistant to. These are clearly being marketed to help sharpen the mind in recovery from head injuries and concussions, and since you claim he played with a concussion without a dip in performance, perhaps they work.

As to his refusal to talk about his alleged concussion, I doubt it has anything to do with his business, and much to do with avoiding getting his team in hot water for allegations of falsifying the injury report, and indeed not wanting to appear to call out his wife for making up stories. Something the tabloids would be all over.

I understand the meaning.  Recover as to get back on the field by passing the baseline tests. The "brain exercises" are designed for that.  The pats do not talk about injuries whether present or past.  And why do you assume he told the team about the "concussion".  so there to avoid penalty. He is under no obligation in the CBA to disclose any injury to anyone.  If he does report an injury to the staff either coaching or medical it then has to be reported. Brady never wants to leave the field in practice or games. 

Archived