RFA WR Willie Snead visiting Ravens

Danand

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Snead but I wouldn't be totally opposed. 

Interesting...

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/271268/saints-tender-willie-snead-at-lowest-level-let-delvin-breaux-walk

But they’re clearly willing to risk losing him at this point. Since the Saints offered Snead the lowest possible tender, that means another team wouldn’t owe New Orleans any draft picks if it signs him away and the Saints don’t match the offer.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

If we sign Snead, I think all signs point to James or trade back. QB I don't think is an option at 16 this year for us.

Yea, a QB doesn't make much sense at all at 16 given the draft board and given what the team is likely trying to do.  I'm not sure it would indicate a trade back unless we think our preferred OL or WR will be available further back.  We still need to invest in the future of the WR position either way.  Brown is a one-year deal, Perriman is a nothing at this point, Moore is gone in two, Crab is only a three year deal, and we have to see what Snead would be.  Nothing really there LT except for one guy with three years.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

If we sign Snead, I think all signs point to James or trade back. QB I don't think is an option at 16 this year for us.

yea now way they go QB in first, I could see a trade back though. James will be long gone by 16.

at 16 a tackle is much more likely, with a wr in round 2, then TE or RB in round 3.. 

Snead would be a sneaky signing. I'd also be happy with signing Hurns too. Then hopefully, if no one really special is there, Cleveland or New England likes someone at 16 enough to allow us to trade back to the end of the first/top of the second and give us an extra 2nd round pick so we can get more of the Dallas Goedert, Courtland Sutton, Frank Ragnow type players.

I would be really happy if the Ravens ended up signing Snead. He's good, and I don't think just it's just because of Brees. Meredith is interesting too although more of a wildcard. 

Not expecting anything to come of either visit though. The Ravens won't have to give up compensation of New Orleans or Chicago doesn't match... but I don't think they can afford to give either guy a contract those teams wouldn't match anyways.

10 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I would be really happy if the Ravens ended up signing Snead. He's good, and I don't think just it's just because of Brees. Meredith is interesting too although more of a wildcard. 

Not expecting anything to come of either visit though. The Ravens won't have to give up compensation of New Orleans or Chicago doesn't match... but I don't think they can afford to give either guy a contract those teams wouldn't match anyways.

The Saints only sit 2.3 million under the cap. They're gonna need room for draft picks. Also other financial requirements. We can work a deal that makes it difficult to match with their cap situation. I'm optimistic. 

24 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

The Saints only sit 2.3 million under the cap. They're gonna need room for draft picks. Also other financial requirements. We can work a deal that makes it difficult to match with their cap situation. I'm optimistic. 

I guess we would just have to front load the deal to make it impossible to match. If I recall correctly, some team did that with an OL player in years past. I just can’t remember who it was.

Archived