Moretti's post free agency mock

moretti19

Free Agents:

Tramon Williams: Still a good player, good leader, and knows the system.

TWillMAIN.jpg

Mike Wallace: Guy can still fly and makes a defense respect him.

627667020-miami-dolphins-v-baltimore-rav

2018 NFL Draft

1 pick 14. Harold Landry, 3-4OLB, Boston College

- Quick burst and elite bend and agility numbers. He is more the Clay Mathews type than Nick Perry. Should be able to instantly help in pass rush and will need to work to improve on his run defense.

845055386.jpg.0.jpg

2nd round pick 45

Jaire Alexander*, CB, Louisville 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 196. Arm: 31.13. Hand: 9.5. 
40 Time: 4.38. 
Projected Round (2018): 1-2. 

2/17/18: At the NFL Scouting Combine, Alexander was one of the most impressive cornerbacks. He ran a fast 40 but was even better in the field work, showing excellent footwork, loose hips, and agility to glide effortlessly around the field. He had the look of a first-rounder. However, his combine medical exam will be of critical importance to determining how high Alexander is selected.

611919074.jpg.0.jpg

3rd rd: pick 76:

DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 202. Arm: 32.58. Hand: 9.25. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.51. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-5. 

3/10/18: Hamilton totaled 53 receptions for 857 yards and nine touchdowns in 2017. At the Senior Bowl, he displayed that he is a good route-runner capable of generating separation and has generally reliable hands. Hamilton also contributed as a junior (34-506-1), sophomore (45-580-6) and freshman (82-899-2). At the East-West Shrine and Senior Bowl, Hamilton was impressive with his ability to get open via his route-running and quickness. He is a smooth, polished receiver who could contribute quickly in the NFL.

54022c4586db0.image.jpg

Trade 4th( 101 from browns & 172 5th round &239 7th) for mid 3rd round

Holton Hill*, CB, Texas 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 196. Arm: 32. Hand: 9.63. 
40 Time: 4.49. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-5. 

3/17/18: Hill was having a quality junior season for the Longhorns with some quality games against the good receivers on Texas' schedule. However with three games remaining, Hill was suspended by the Longhorns coaching staff. In 2017, he totaled 51 tackles with two interceptions and six passes broken up. Hill ran well in the 40-yard dash at the combine, but he showed tightness in the field drills. He is a big press-man corner who can struggle with speed, and that was given proof with his performance against Maryland's D.J. Moore in Week 1 of 2017.

613599024.0.jpg

4th 133rd

Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 256. Arm: 33.33. Hand: 9.63. 
40 Time: 4.74. 
Projected Round (2018): 5-7. 

3/10/18: In 2017, Thomas totaled 25 receptions for 376 yards and five touchdowns. He has some quickness and athletic ability as a receiver, but will need work as a blocker. Thomas turned in a mixed week at the Senior Bowl. 

Indiana was raving about Thomas as a NFL talent to open 2017 even though he made only three receptions for 28 yards as a junior. The senior's performance against Ohio State in the season opener gave that opinion some validity. Thomas had a coming-out party against the Buckeyes. He ran a great out-and-up route to get open before making a beautiful over-the-shoulder 18-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter. Thomas showed excellent hands and concentration to track the ball for the catch. In the third quarter, Thomas made his second touchdown reception, on a short pass to the flat. He totaled five receptions for 53 yards and two touchdowns on the evening.
usatsi_10269404.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

5th 138 from Browns

Jamil Demby, OT, Maine 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 335. Arm: 33.75. 
40 Time: 5.58. 
Projected Round (2018): 4-6. 

3/17/18: According to team sources, Demby had a good week at the NFLPA game to help his draft stock. Demby has versatile size in that he could compete as a guard or tackle. While he played at a lower level of competition, Demby was a 4-year starter at left tackle.
Demby_Phil_Steele.jpg

5th 174

Matthew Thomas*, ILB, Florida State 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 227. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. 
Projected Round (2018): 4-6. 

2/24/18: Thomas is a fast and athletic linebacker who has a good skill set, but teams evaluators have said they are grading Thomas on the third day of the 2018 NFL Draft because of a lack of instincts and awareness. In 2017, Thomas totaled 85 tackles with two passes batted, two sacks and an interception. The senior has a good athletic skill set and probably could help himself in pre-draft workouts, but his 2017 tape didn't impress evaluators. He had another year of eligibility, but decided to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.
636091245371334539-FSU-CSU-25.jpg

6th 186

Braxton Berrios, WR, Miami 
Height: 5-8. Weight: 177. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.5. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.55. 

3/10/18: While Berrios lacks size for the NFL, he made a ton of clutch catches for Miami during the 2017 season. His big plays helped vault the Hurricanes to the ACC Championship game. The senior had 55 receptions for 679 yards and nine touchdowns for the year. 

Berrios went to have a decent week at the Senior Bowl. He made some phenomenal catches, but also showed that he has limitations in his skill set.
berrios.jpg

6th 207

Jeremy Reaves, S, South Alabama 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 204. Arm: 30.38. Hand: 7.25. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 

3/17/18: Every year at the Senior Bowl, some smaller-school defensive backs take advantage of the all-star game attention to showcase their talent against more highly touted players. Reaves held his own against the better competition in Mobile and showed that he could compete with a higher-caliber opponent. Reaves a tackling machine over the past three seasons, totaling 104 tackles as a senior, 85 as a junior and 96 as a sophomore. He also totaled eight career interceptions, with three as a senior. Reaves notched eight passes broken up in 2017 as well. He did not receive a combine invitation.
senior-bowl-south-practice-jan-23-2018-3

232 7th

Johnny Townsend, P, Florida 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 210. 

2/24/18: Townsend punted well during the 2017 season, averaging 47.5 yards per punt with a long of 70. 

7/24/17: Townsend was excellent as a junior, averaging 47.9 yards per punt with a long of 62. He was so good, that some NFL teams were doing scouting reports on him because there was consideration that he might declare early for the 2017 NFL Draft. Florida's offense struggled, but Townsend helped the Gators play field position with his booming punts to help his defense. In 2015, Townsend had a quality season for Florida as he averaged 45.4 yards per punt with a long of 61. He averaged 42 yards per punt in 2013 and redshirted in 2014.
TownsendJohnny_171028_6930_JayMetz.jpg?w

8 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I like the draft.

With Alexander, I really like him but someone pointed out the Packers haven't taken a CB with his measurables since Mike Sherman was calling the shots. Worth noting.

Ya I thought of that, I’m hoping he’s close enough to the measurements we take him

We don't need a punter.  Have Vogel.  Why does everyone seem to forget this?  He was really good last year.  Outside of that like the spirit of the draft.  Addresses our needs.  Alexander will be long gone by 45.  He won't get out of the first round. Wouldn't surprise me if he's our pick at 14.

Whats up with this?

Jaire Alexander - However, his combine medical exam will be of critical importance to determining how high Alexander is selected.

Whats his injury / medical history?

I'm really reluctant to take on college guys with injuries. They miss OTAs/TC/PS and soon you're crossing their Rookie season off.

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

We don't need a punter.  Have Vogel.  Why does everyone seem to forget this?  He was really good last year.  Outside of that like the spirit of the draft.  Addresses our needs.  Alexander will be long gone by 45.  He won't get out of the first round. Wouldn't surprise me if he's our pick at 14.

A 7th rounder can come in and compete, really depends on Alexander’s medical according to what I read and how you judge the other corners. There are about 4 in the same tier

Would have no issues with a Landry, Alexander, Hamilton start. 

Rest is OK, I personally like Hill but he was kicked off Texas team for drugs, not sure that's a guy we trade up for.

Only two picks I don't like are Barrios and the punter. I don't think we'll be interested in a 5'8 WR and our punter just set Packers records last year as a rookie, he deserves all reps in camp.

I'm more and more convinced with all of these pass rusher drafts round 1 and CB round 2 mocks i've seen that none of the CBs will make it to our pick in round 2. I think we may have to trade back up into early 2nd round or end of 1st to pick one up. Alexander will be long gone by 45.

1 hour ago, 86Capers said:

If we landed both Landry and Alexander I'd be ecstatic. 

I have about 5 tier two guys at corner and I hope one slips to our 2nd pick. I went with Alexander just because he isn’t a regular in our mocks

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

I have about 5 tier two guys at corner and I hope one slips to our 2nd pick. I went with Alexander just because he isn’t a regular in our mocks

I'm definitely a huge fan of Alexander's speed and physicality. I hope GB doesn't dismiss him out of hand due to his height. 

Mike Wallace is going to Philly also though this was posted before that happened.

Berrios does not have the speed we need at the WR position. The biggest knock on our current group is the lack of speed. Same thing for our DB's and you've got guys that can't run a 4.4 40 time. I like the direction you took here, but I guess I'd go with a similar plan, but with different players.

22 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

I like the draft.

With Alexander, I really like him but someone pointed out the Packers haven't taken a CB with his measurables since Mike Sherman was calling the shots. Worth noting.

And we passed up a whole bunch of guys  who could really play CB as a result. I think this kids measurables are perfect for a slot CB. I like very player he selected with the exception of the punter as we seem to have that position solved. Makes me nervous taking a Florida punter to come to Green Bay too. 

Archived