DE Jason Pierre-Paul
DE Vinny Curry
3T Gerald McCoy
NT Beau Allen
MLB Kwon Alexander
WLB Lavonte David
SLB Kendell Beckwith

With Spence, Gholston, and Urein

I think we have made big upgrades to this group! I can't wait for the draft now!

I think Allen is a rotational player at best. Tim Settle should be our pick in the third or fourth round. I believe Licht will make a move into the third.

Just now, indifference said:

I think Barkley will make it to 7. Mostly because of QB need influx and RB just is not valued as it used to be. 

I think Nelson is the best player in the draft. Nobody's gonna trade up for him, but both Indy and Denver could use his services. Chubb probably doesn't fall past the Giants now. But if he does, there's no way (right?) he falls past the Colts at six.

If the Browns trade out below us, I think Barkley will be ours. But like @ravishingone one said, having first pick at QB and (potentially) first pick at non-QB is a helluva deal for Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Lot of the national writers are saying the Giants will now turn their attention to draft DE Bradley Chubb at #2 if they stay put...

This deal could shake-up the whole draft lol...

Someone also mentioned in the news thread that giants are converting to a 3-4 and thats why they got rid of JPP because he didn't fit..  I dunno how true this is but it makes sense.  Chubb would be a nice addition to their defense.

6 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Someone also mentioned in the news thread that giants are converting to a 3-4 and thats why they got rid of JPP because he didn't fit..  I dunno how true this is but it makes sense.  Chubb would be a nice addition to their defense.

For the Giants fans sake, I hope they're not moving to a 3-4. They just gave up some picks to acquire Alec Ogletree who is an awful fit in the 3-4...

13 minutes ago, indifference said:

I don’t think Chubb is suited to play in a 3-4. He’s a 4-3 DE all the way but I said that about Joey Bosa and he panned out nicely for th Chargers.

From what I've read on him, most think he'd be able to play either scheme as his talent transcends the scheme. As you alluded too, a Joey Bosa type...

I think Chubb to NYG is gonna happen. I can just see the New York twitter trending now:

#GottaChubb4Chubb

im pretty disappointed with this trade

i wish it was just a 4th and not a 3rd

a 3rd for an aging DE seems kinda high for me , and i thnk we could get a quality player in the 3rd

also now  this means we wont get Chubb which further saddens me

kinda hoping we trade down now and get some extra pics

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

im pretty disappointed with this trade

i wish it was just a 4th and not a 3rd

a 3rd for an aging DE seems kinda high for me , and i thnk we could get a quality player in the 3rd

also now  this means we wont get Chubb which further saddens me

kinda hoping we trade down now and get some extra pics

JPP is only 29, he's still got a few good years left. remember, last year is the 1st year since 2014 he hadn't had most of his season wiped out by injury. He's going to be even better in 2018 IMO...

And Chubb making it to us at #7 was a pipe dream. Wasn't going to happen. We would of had to move up and give up a lot more than a 3rd.

This was a good move, a 3rd round pick isn't anything to cling to and not be willing to deal for proven NFL talent over...

Archived