3/22 Where is Tombert?

jebrick

March 28th, 29th, and April 3rd are the next big red-letter days on the Steelers pro day calendar.

March 28th: Texas( Jackson /Ford) & Alabama's second pro day and Ronnie Harrison is running/testing that day. He does fit their profile.

March 29th: Louisville & Central Florida
If they're really considering QB at 1.28, they'll be at Louisville. I would be at UCF

April 4th: Boise State
If Leighton Vander Esch is really in the cards, they will be in Boise. LVE is already a stretch from their normal protocol of Big Conference, multi year productive starter.

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would say that he showed less on tape than Bosa.  He is a special athlete and may be really good after some training.

Yup.  Less polished, doesn't play the run as well, doesn't bend as well.  Bosa was really special and produced despite multiple blockers.  Hubbard never saw that.

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

April 4th: Boise State
If Leighton Vander Esch is really in the cards, they will be in Boise. LVE is already a stretch from their normal protocol of Big Conference, multi year productive starter.

On the flip he does fit their underclassman profile.

3 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

I know the Tombert thing is real but I thought I read Colbert has been at every pro day of 1st round pick since Ziggy Hood....IIRC.

Interest in Guice seems legit.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I know the Tombert thing is real but I thought I read Colbert has been at every pro day of 1st round pick since Ziggy Hood....IIRC.

I like Guice, and I think like Bell he's the very overlooked player in his tier.  Lacy, Bernard, Ball were all generally listed ahead of Bell.

3 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

You have to add him to the list of possible 1st round choices.  I think he is still on the board at 28

32 minutes ago, jebrick said:

You have to add him to the list of possible 1st round choices.  I think he is still on the board at 28

Yep...short rough list is anyone from Bama/Georgia/Ohio St....plus FS Bates....and now Guice...maybe LVE.

I just don’t think a RB is worth a 1st.  For the same reason Bell isn’t worth what he wants for $.  Give me Sony Michel in the 2nd at most or Guice in the 2nd if he falls for some reason. 

Other than that I look for Chubbs, Johnson, Jones II, or Penny in the third.

5 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

It's disappointing that we are interested in Guice.  He lacks vision and has an upright running style which leaves him vulnerable to some big hits.  He is NOWHERE near the runner that Fournette is.  Guice is Thomas Rawls 2.0

I disagree to an extent. He isn't the power runner Fournette is (tho he tries to be) but he is more elusive. But yes, the upright running style leads me to believe he will be done before 30yo. 

Archived