Sign in to follow this  
Acgott

DE Jason Pierre-Paul traded to Bucs

So we basically trade him for a 3rd rounder. I guess this means they really are targeting Chubb.

Im not a giants fan but why would you trade JPP for Chubb whom both have same frame structure and both have hands in the ground pass rusher and are moving to a 3-4 defense under the new DC? I dont see chubb fitting the new defense if they are moving to 3-4 base. Wouldnt you want someone like Edmunds or Roquan Smith? Im a bills fan and just linking the two as a possible trade piece for giants to drop to 12 and get one of those guys plus more picks.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im not a giants fan but why would you trade JPP for Chubb whom both have same frame structure and both have hands in the ground pass rusher and are moving to a 3-4 defense under the new DC? I dont see chubb fitting the new defense if they are moving to 3-4 base. Wouldnt you want someone like Edmunds or Roquan Smith? Im a bills fan and just linking the two as a possible trade piece for giants to drop to 12 and get one of those guys plus more picks.

Because JPP is making 12+ million this year. Rookies are a lot cheaper. Nobody is really that concerned about either of their fits in a 3-4. JPP was coveted by 3-4 team in the draft and when he was a FA. The Giants just stepped up both times.

19 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

Because JPP is making 12+ million this year. Rookies are a lot cheaper. Nobody is really that concerned about either of their fits in a 3-4. JPP was coveted by 3-4 team in the draft and when he was a FA. The Giants just stepped up both times.

One of the beats said that JPP/Vernon would play the same position. Cardinals went after Chandler Jones when they missed on JPP

Only one DE pass rusher not 2 it seems 

wow...didn't see that happening.

Gettleman is definitely a lot more active with trading than our past GM's.

I like it but he's got me a little nervous.  Things just got interesting.

Are you all going to be a true 34 defense? I'm coming from the Browns forum and trying to figure out if you guys are going to take Bradley Chubb away from us....

Chubb seems like a classic 43 defense.