(Poll) Chubb to the Giants, Should We Trade OR Take Saquon, Minkah, or Ward?

Mind Character

If Giants Go Chubb at 2, What Option Should We Go With?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If Giants Go Chubb at 2, What Option Should We Go With?

• Trade Down and Target Denzel Ward (Might have to give up some captial gained in the trade down to get him) ------------------------------------------
    • Take SS Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4; Don't trade down
    • Trade Down and Target CB Mike Hughes
    • Trade Down and Target DE Marcus Davenport
    • Take RB Saquon Barkley at 4; Don't trade down

My dream/too much Madden scenario:

1. CLE: Darnold

2. NYG: Rosen

3. NYJ: Mayfield

4. Browns TRADE with Denver. Dorsey leverages Buffalo and gets Denver to give up WAY too much to move up 1 spot to get Josh Allen (#5, 2019 #1).

5. Browns bluff the Chicago Bears, thinking that we are 100% going to get Barkley. Chicago trades us #8, #40, and a 2019 #2 to get the "best player in the draft".

8. Browns: DENZEL WARD. We get the #1 CB and best man/press man corner in the entire draft.

26. The Browns trade #35 and #64 for the rights to select Guice 

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Why would the New York Giants take Chubb when they are moving to a 3-4? Chubb seems like a prototype for 3 defensive end at 6 for 270 lb give or take. I can't see any way they take him, especially with all the trade down offers they are likely receiving if they are indeed not taking a quarterback. That said, what a bizarre NFL world we are living in when the New York Giants don't think they need to draft a quarterback at pick 2 in a very quality passer class. Eli Manning has not looked especially good in at least three seasons and is nearing 40. I just... I just can't.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm personally of the belief that the NY Giants trading JPP doesn't alter what they do at #2 and guarantee them Chubb. They obviously wanted to dump salary and he wasn't a good fit in the 3-4.

They could still go Rosen/QB at #2 and try to get a solid 3-4 guy in the 2nd (Hubbard for example if you like his fit there).

The thing is... Their new DC James Bettcher plays Nickel 78% of the time with 4 down lineman in a 4-2-1(NCB/NSS)-4 scheme.

So, many on the Giants forum think Bettcher still really wants Bradley Chubb at DE b/c Chubb actually dropped a lot in college to be good enough to handle the rare times he needs to drop.

Doesn't seem ideal for Chubb in a Generic 34 defense, but many aren't so sure with the Giants especially with how Dave Gettleman thinks about DE/DTs.

I still think it would be crazy for them not to take a QB, but to the Giant faithful based on the specificity of the 34scheme to be run....many think Chubb is their guy.

I would love if Chubb is their guy. 

This class seems like there are a heap of guys with very high upside but not many prospects that don't have big questions. 

Ward underized

Barkley is he a 3 down back

Does Chubb turn corners well enough?

no stand out WR's

15 minutes ago, dawgpound1816 said:

This is my worst nightmare. 

I'm still gonna toot and ride for Chubb until he's gone before the Browns pick at 4. 

What if the Browns take Chubb at #1 and trade up to #2 for Rosen/Darnold?

If the Giants wanted to trade down, why not take the Jets deal?

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My dream/too much Madden scenario:

1. CLE: Darnold

2. NYG: Rosen

3. NYJ: Mayfield

4. Browns TRADE with Denver. Dorsey leverages Buffalo and gets Denver to give up WAY too much to move up 1 spot to get Josh Allen (#5, 2019 #1).

5. Browns bluff the Chicago Bears, thinking that we are 100% going to get Barkley. Chicago trades us #8, #40, and a 2019 #2 to get the "best player in the draft".

8. Browns: DENZEL WARD. We get the #1 CB and best man/press man corner in the entire draft.

26. The Browns trade #35 and #64 for the rights to select Guice 

The Bears deal is interesting, but I guess I have to wonder if they are really ready to throw in the towel on Jordan Howard.  Kid is a solid back.  Hell, have them toss in Howard and give us a 3rd instead.  :D

Archived