• LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
    • CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
    • CB Joshua Jackson, Iowa
    • S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
    • S Derwin James, FSU
    • OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
    • WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
    • OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

Rules are simple. Vote for who you would select if the listed prospects are available. When a winner is apparent I'll move to #4.

#1 - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
#2 - DE Bradley Chubb, NC State

I'm going OG Quenton Nelson here. I think he rounds out the last of the 3 true blue-chip prospects.

Posted (edited)

I voted Barkely and Chubb, so next would be Quneton Nelson. The best O-lineman in the draft. 

Edited by Lilseb93

It was a tough decision for me between Smith and Nelson.  Smith is probably a bigger need at this point with us signing Sitton to play the LG spot and I think that Smith has the potential to be a rookie pro bowler and perhaps look like the best player in this draft a few years from now.  That being said, Nelson looks like the best player in this draft right now.......yes I said it, he is light years ahead of Saquon Barkley and significantly better than Chubb who is probably the second best player in this draft right now.

Barkley is a home run threat and he has elite measurables, but he's not Ezekiel Elliot or Leonard Fournett.......Barkley only had 4 games last year where he topped 100 yards rushing and 1 game where he topped 100 yards receiving........that's not bad but it doesn't scream best player in this draft to me.

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

It was a tough decision for me between Smith and Nelson.  Smith is probably a bigger need at this point with us signing Sitton to play the LG spot and I think that Smith has the potential to be a rookie pro bowler and perhaps look like the best player in this draft a few years from now.  That being said, Nelson looks like the best player in this draft right now.......yes I said it, he is light years ahead of Saquon Barkley and significantly better than Chubb who is probably the second best player in this draft right now.

Barkley is a home run threat and he has elite measurables, but he's not Ezekiel Elliot or Leonard Fournett.......Barkley only had 4 games last year where he topped 100 yards rushing and 1 game where he topped 100 yards receiving........that's not bad but it doesn't scream best player in this draft to me.

He's a more complete RB than either of those 2 guys.  Elliot is close, but Barkley has more breakaway speed than he does and can make cuts that we haven't seen in quite some time.  He's the most complete RB prospect to come out in years.  Fournette is a great runner, but he's not very good in the passing game.

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

He's a more complete RB than either of those 2 guys.  Elliot is close, but Barkley has more breakaway speed than he does and can make cuts that we haven't seen in quite some time.  He's the most complete RB prospect to come out in years.  Fournette is a great runner, but he's not very good in the passing game.

I agree with your assessment on Fournette in the passing game, but Zeke and Barkley are pretty close when it comes to speed.  Barkley is a much more freaky athlete than either Fournette or Zeke but not as productive IMO.  My point is that Barkley is being overrated and the fact that he’s a RB just makes drafting him in the top 5 poor value.  Also I can’t help but think of all the Penn State RB busts over the years.

Of course this is just my opinion and I explain it only to justify why I would draft OG Nelson over RB Barkley or DE Chubb even if they were still on the board at 4 ( which is probably realistic when it comes to the actual 2018 draft ).