Dolphins sign Frank Gore

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Needs to be for less than $1.5M for me to not be angry on the internet tbh

I'd suggest you start counting to 100 now.   

SMH Tannebaum.   Good to see the $ he saved with all those vet cuts went to the future....O.o

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

Dolphins going to switch their name to the Prehistoric Porpoises. 

C'mon bro, signing 30+ year old FAs is how you follow through after a roster purge.

Knee-jerk negativity aside, the Dolphins needed to add a RB either in FA or the draft. At least they didn't sign Murray.

Frankie G continuing his career. Happy for the man. Gets to return to where it all started for him. I wonder how much he really has left in the tank...I mean, given the quarterback and offensive line situation, is hard to gauge how much he's actually lost. He averaged 3.7 last year, but Marlin Mack only averaged 3.8 and the other running backs averaged less than 3. The year before, he averaged 3.9, but the back up running back, ronald turbin, only averaged 3.5. The year before, he averaged 3.7, but the backup, Ahmad Bradshaw, averaged less than 3. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Frankie G continuing his career. Happy for the man. Gets to return to where it all started for him. I wonder how much he really has left in the tank...I mean, given the quarterback and offensive line situation, is hard to gauge how much he's actually lost. He averaged 3.7 last year, but Marlin Mack only averaged 3.8 and the other running backs averaged less than 3. The year before, he averaged 3.9, but the back up running back, ronald turbin, only averaged 3.5. The year before, he averaged 3.7, but the backup, Ahmad Bradshaw, averaged less than 3. 

Having watched about 4-5 games in the 2H (I played him in DFS for the BUF snow game, paid off handsomely), I will say he's at the end.  He gets what is there, and knows how to set up blocks.  But he has zero burst left.  He'll get you what's there and nothing more, other than falling forward.

If the Fish are not spending a Day 2 pick on RB (and they have so many needs I doubt it), this is a real sign they're committing to Kenyan Drake as the guy.   Which he did earn at least one year's shot with his late season run.    Obviously Ajayi isn't complaining, but Gase made the right call there - Drake is still ubercheap in his rookie deal, and he offers more pass game versatility (and he actually follows the play, not nearly as much freelancing as Ajayi did - which is what got him traded, apparently).

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

C'mon bro, signing 30+ year old FAs is how you follow through after a roster purge.

Knee-jerk negativity aside, the Dolphins needed to add a RB either in FA or the draft. At least they didn't sign Murray.

That would have been worse in that they would have let Murray play 3rd downs in a pass-catching role.  That's one of Drake's strengths. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Love Gore, but he needs to retire. He's clearly done as evidenced from last season.

He was decent last year I thought. And the Colts couldn't run the ball to save their lives with anyone back there. I hate this signing for the Dolphins, but not necessarily because Gore is done. He's got 1-2 more years of being a productive RB.

Archived