Dolphins sign Frank Gore

49erurtaza

Well Florida is known as the retirement state...

Probably his last hoorah. He's had a very long and solid career, Emmitt Smith-like. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the recognition of the Cowboys or the rings to get into the Hall of Fame I believe.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He was decent last year I thought. And the Colts couldn't run the ball to save their lives with anyone back there. I hate this signing for the Dolphins, but not necessarily because Gore is done. He's got 1-2 more years of being a productive RB.

Nah he's done. He has the vision like he's always had, but no burst as previously mentioned. Whatever speed he had is also gone, and has been for a few years now.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Probably his last hoorah. He's had a very long and solid career, Emmitt Smith-like. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the recognition of the Cowboys or the rings to get into the Hall of Fame I believe.

I don’t know man.. long career but he is 5th on the all time rushing yardage. 2 more decent seasons could see him taking the 3 spot from Barry. 

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:
2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don’t know man.. long career but he is 5th on the all time rushing yardage. 2 more decent seasons could see him taking the 3 spot from Barry. 

True, very true. And if Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis (though that was more for his Steeler ties and SB win) can get in, then Frank Gore certainly can.

I have no idea what the Miami Dolphins want to be. They're building this team to pick #15 in the NFL draft for the next 10 seasons based on their recent moves. They have no identity, they have aging and overpaid players all over their roster, and appear to be bringing in veterans instead of going with a youth movement. This is a strangely constructed roster.

I know Frank Gore was a cheap signing, but I don't see the need to bring in a band-aid at RB instead of trying to draft a dude to be the man back there. Even if it's a 5th round pick they bring it, at least he would have a shot to be the man.

The Dolphins aren't as bad as the Browns were under Eric Mangini, but the type of acquisitions this team is making reminds me of that dark time. Bringing in veterans just good enough to keep our young fresh talent rotting on the bench. Great!

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I know Frank Gore was a cheap signing, but I don't see the need to bring in a band-aid at RB instead of trying to draft a dude to be the man back there. Even if it's a 5th round pick they bring it, at least he would have a shot to be the man.

I'm thinking they needed someone who can pass block from day 1.

I still think a RB will be added during the draft.

31 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This year is his last chance. He still has a shot.

30 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I hope he signs a one day contract and retires an Eagle. Then that'll double he career time as an Eagle

Frank Gore Eagles Legend.

It set off a chain of events that culminated with the Eagles winning a Super Bowl.

So while I'm sure you are probably being sarcastic, I do agree that the Eagles should honor him for what he's brought the franchise.

Archived