CB Tramon Williams returning to GB - 2yr deal

deltarich87

4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

With a stout front 7, I'm not worried about our defensive backs. Pressure can make any secondary look solid. That's all we need with 12 in the huddle on the other side. Still feel we'd be dumb to pass up on Landry/Edmunds/Davenport in favor of a corner for that reason alone.

Disagree to a degree. "Pressure can make any secondary look solid [in the right defensive system]." I saw too many occasions over the last two years where we had guys basically coming free for a sack and the QB still hit someone wide open. Not sure if that was 100% because of Capers or because our guys couldn't cover for even "one thousand one, one thousand..."

Just now, packfanfb said:

Disagree to a degree. "Pressure can make any secondary look solid [in the right defensive system]." I saw too many occasions over the last two years where we had guys basically coming free or a sack and the QB still hit someone wide open. Not sure if that was 100% because of Capers or because our guys couldn't cover for even "one thousand one, one thousand..."

How many guys did we have that could actually get there in time? Dom's schemes were the main culprit to our struggles in the defensive backfield. With a combination of what we have in the front 7 with a guy like Landry/Edmunds/Davenport instead of Kyler friggin' Fackrell, we'll be fine. I'm not taking any CB over those three at 14. Really liked Ward a bit but, now that I've taken the time to think about it, I'd rather have the EDGE every time over the CB unless you're talking about a Patrick Peterson and Patrick Peterson, Denzel Ward, is not.

He was pretty darned solid last year.

Personally, I'd like House back now, too.  Get the band back together and not let CB completely dictate our draft strategy.  I'd feel pretty comfortable going into the season with King, Williams, House, rookie, Pipkens, Hawkins and Rollins.  Heck even throw in another rookie there and let competition sort itself out.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

How many guys did we have that could actually get there in time? Dom's schemes were the main culprit to our struggles in the defensive backfield. With a combination of what we have in the front 7 with a guy like Landry/Edmunds/Davenport instead of Kyler friggin' Fackrell, we'll be fine. I'm not taking any CB over those three at 14. Really liked Ward a bit but, now that I've taken the time to think about it, I'd rather have the EDGE every time over the CB unless you're talking about a Patrick Peterson and Patrick Peterson, Denzel Ward, is not.

Ward would be the only guy I'd still consider at CB, but I'd like an EDGE guy too.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

He was pretty darned solid last year.

Personally, I'd like House back now, too.  Get the band back together and not let CB completely dictate our draft strategy.  I'd feel pretty comfortable going into the season with King, Williams, House, rookie, Pipkens, Hawkins and Rollins.  Heck even throw in another rookie there and let competition sort itself out.

I'd rather move on from House. Guy was basically useless last year, just cannot stay healthy. I'd only grab him in an emergency. 

Archived