NE re-signs T LaAdrian Waddle

Broncofan

8 minutes ago, SoS said:

Is LaAdrian Waddle seriously considered an important FA for them? He’s been terrible his whole career....

That's the scary part, though.  He probably is in the mix to start at T right now, if Garcia can't get on the field (he's just been cleared, but gotta believe it when it happens).   That's kinda scary.  Fleming's a better player right than Waddle, but he's a RT - still, I think he'll get paid more.   Pats in all likelihood will get their normal next-man-up discount.

2 hours ago, SoS said:

Is LaAdrian Waddle seriously considered an important FA for them? He’s been terrible his whole career....

He has played well in spot duty since he's been in NE. Losing Solder, he was an important guy for them to keep.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

That's the scary part, though.  He probably is in the mix to start at T right now, if Garcia can't get on the field (he's just been cleared, but gotta believe it when it happens).   That's kinda scary.  Fleming's a better player right than Waddle, but he's a RT - still, I think he'll get paid more.   Pats in all likelihood will get their normal next-man-up discount.

Waddle has easily outplayed Fleming since the two have been backups in NE.

1 hour ago, SoS said:

Garcia also lost ~40lbs iirc, so I can’t imagine he’ll be in playing shape by the start of the season. 

Yeah, in January it was reported. No idea what his weight is by now.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:22 PM, renndawg37 said:

New England is most certainly going tackle in the 1st or 2nd round, no? 

I've got to think so, yeah. Or they just go best OL available, seems like the interior OL is pretty deep at the top.

Or, Orlando Brown is pick 31 and Belicheck looks like a genius for taking a "risk" following such a poor combine and pro day session...

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I've got to think so, yeah. Or they just go best OL available, seems like the interior OL is pretty deep at the top.

Or, Orlando Brown is pick 31 and Belicheck looks like a genius for taking a "risk" following such a poor combine and pro day session...

Depends on what they think of Garcia and his recovery. He was drafted as a pontential Solder replacement. 

With tthis OT class, there may be value of drafting a tackle at 43. 

On 3/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, SoS said:

He's actually been solid for us when he's on the field, just gets banged up a lot. Ability to play both sides means he's a decent swing guy to have around, but looks like we'll have to hit the draft for that spot this year. Not ideal. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Have legitimately zero class concerns about the OL with Scar on board. Dudes a wizard.

Seriously,  Dante is the man when it comes to coaching O-lines.  I fear every year he's going to retire again.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 4:31 PM, SoS said:

Garcia also lost ~40lbs iirc, so I can’t imagine he’ll be in playing shape by the start of the season. 

I’m eager to see what New England’s line looks like this year. 

That was in November he has been putting on weight since then. 

Archived