Tramon Williams returns to GB

Ketchup

44 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I forgot Rollins was a 2nd round pick...he wasn't particularly that good before the injury. He might start the season on PUP list, right?

Pipkins and Waters? eh. you can easily upgrade there.

I guess you could do worse than Tramon Williams. I think he'd be at his best if he wasn't asked to be a starter, but that may be the case.

Packers still need to draft a CB in round 1. I don't think they have much of a choice, even if they sign another Free Agent CB.

Worst part is, Rollins and Randall looked good as rookies.  So good that they let Casey Hayward leave.  I would still argue that it was the right move given what we knew at the time, but that one really stings now.  

As for a round 1 CB, I don't know.  The pass rush sure could use a shot in the arm.  We won't get a combined 32 from Matthews and Perry, and their back-ups are Fackrell, Biegel, and UDFAs.  If we could get Edmunds, Landry, or Davenport, we likely have to jump at that opportunity.

Also, CWood, Kevin King is a second round pick.

9 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Worst part is, Rollins and Randall looked good as rookies.  So good that they let Casey Hayward leave.  I would still argue that it was the right move given what we knew at the time, but that one really stings now.  

As for a round 1 CB, I don't know.  The pass rush sure could use a shot in the arm.  We won't get a combined 32 from Matthews and Perry, and their back-ups are Fackrell, Biegel, and UDFAs.  If we could get Edmunds, Landry, or Davenport, we likely have to jump at that opportunity.

Also, CWood, Kevin King is a second round pick.

I haven't followed the draft that closely, but isn't there more edge depth this year than CB? Why not get a corner in round 1 and an edge rusher round 2?

I'm pretty sure the Packers have a lot of picks this year. Maybe they even move back up into round 1.

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I haven't followed the draft that closely, but isn't there more edge depth this year than CB? Why not get a corner in round 1 and an edge rusher round 2?

I'm pretty sure the Packers have a lot of picks this year. Maybe they even move back up into round 1.

The prevailing thought is get a premier pass rusher early if you can because they are generally gone later in the draft and they do not enter free agency or command huge contracts. There is also very strong 2nd wave of corners in the late 1st early to mid 2nd that we should be able to pick from for either trade up target or draft at our current spot. Hughes, Davis, Both Jacksons, Oliver, and Alexander could all possibly slip to our 2nd round pick and I believe all have pretty similar grades. If the Packers really wanted one they also have enough trade bait to trade up and get their guy. 

I think the only real corner worth taking at 14 would be Ward and he will most likely be gone by our pick in the 1st. 

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I have no idea. That shocks me given how abortion-ey he was before last season.

He wasn't healthy leaving GB, I didn't follow him in CLE but he had a nagging shoulder that docs said would take years to heal, there was some nerve issues I remember. Could possibly have made a full recovery, I'm not sure. He was awesome for us prior to that injury. Always a super quick and instinctive player, looked that way in ARI from the cutups I saw.

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He wasn't healthy leaving GB, I didn't follow him in CLE but he had a nagging shoulder that docs said would take years to heal, there was some nerve issues I remember. Could possibly have made a full recovery, I'm not sure. He was awesome for us prior to that injury. Always a super quick and instinctive player, looked that way in ARI from the cutups I saw.

maybe he works out, but hes a 35 year old dude playing corner. History/age is really against him here.

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

maybe he works out, but hes a 35 year old dude playing corner. History/age is really against him here.

It's not like there isn't going to be another vet and at least 1 day 1/2 pick there with him. Our GM is clearly rebuilding the secondary, Williams is just an easy add for depth.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Far more CB depth than Edge. You don't pass on Landry, Edmunds or Davenport for any CB not names Ward. 

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I know, man. Winning the Super Bowl feels like it happened yesterday. I rock my Super Bowl XLV Champions hoodie all winter still lmao. 

I have one of those grey sweaters from the sideline gear .. these

515ZWN26x-L.jpg?tag=wp-amazon-gotbusi-20

But my prize possession is this 

157032805_nwt-green-bay-packers-2010-acm

The original acme packers throwback from the year we won the SB, got it in the summer after for like $50. They sold a couple years ago still new for over $150, but you cant find them anymore. Honestly it's my favourite thing I own lol

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not like there isn't going to be another vet and at least 1 day 1/2 pick there with him. Our GM is clearly rebuilding the secondary, Williams is just an easy add for depth.

Exactly.

Archived