Do The Lions Think Joe Dahl is Our Future LG?

Just Want A Title

Joe Dahl played pretty well down the stretch last year at LG.  We didn't bring in any serious competition via free agency.  Graham Glasgow seems to be penciled in as our starting C.  Do you think they consider Joe Dahl our starting LG?  Are they considering using a first or second round pick for Will Hernandez, Isiah Wynn or Braden Smith?  Personally, I think they are going to give Joe Dahl a shot at the starting job and add a 4th or 5th rounder to develop.  Thoughts?

Very unlikely. They have gone into the draft with glaring holes before. Cornelius Lucas as the starting LT going into the 2016 draft, Paul Worrilow as a starting LB going into the 2017 draft...now they have Dahl/Wiggins as the "starting LG" going into the 2018 draft. Wouldn't be shocked if they drafted one with pick 20 or 51. 

43 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Very unlikely. They have gone into the draft with glaring holes before. Cornelius Lucas as the starting LT going into the 2016 draft, Paul Worrilow as a starting LB going into the 2017 draft...now they have Dahl/Wiggins as the "starting LG" going into the 2018 draft. Wouldn't be shocked if they drafted one with pick 20 or 51. 

Or not address it at all..

And have faith in one of these backups like he did with the rb position last year

I still think we should find a center before guard personally

1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

Or not address it at all..

And have faith in one of these backups like he did with the rb position last year

I still think we should find a center before guard personally

Glasgow is better at center than he is at guard. He's the center.

I wanted extra competition at RB (like Blount), but Abdullah/Riddick should have been a passable RB duo. Ron Prince's middle school blocking scheme is hard to look good in for any RB. 

8 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Glasgow is better at center than he is at guard. He's the center.

I wanted extra competition at RB (like Blount), but Abdullah/Riddick should have been a passable RB duo. Ron Prince's middle school blocking scheme is hard to look good in for any RB. 

Is this set in stone or your opinion 

I would kind of agree with IDOG. Glasgow was a better C last year than LG. It's logical to think they're looking for a starter at LG and attempting to upgrade two positions overall from last years opening starting OL (LG/C).

I don't think anything's set in stone though, I mean there's always the wild chance a team picks up a UDFA or late round pick and he outperforms.

Your "valuable depth"  never plays or is always hurt. Not sure how your valuable if your never available...

Stafford was always until he wasn't. I already said where the value was in my first post if you want to reread it.

22 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I would kind of agree with IDOG. Glasgow was a better C last year than LG. It's logical to think they're looking for a starter at LG and attempting to upgrade two positions overall from last years opening starting OL (LG/C).

I don't think anything's set in stone though, I mean there's always the wild chance a team picks up a UDFA or late round pick and he outperforms.

He was better but think about it..he couldn't beat out Swanson imo kinda telling 

Plus don't feel comfortable with him as only center on the team..

He was better but think about it..he couldn't beat out Swanson imo kinda telling 

Plus don't feel comfortable with him as only center on the team..

That isn't how it works. If it was a straight up competition at center between Swanson and Glasgow, I'm sure Glasgow would have won. In reality though, Swanson was a better center than whoever the backup LG was. It's about putting the best 5 out there. 

Archived