Jets Closing in on WR Terrelle Pryor

Dr.O

I've always been a huge fan of Pryor - He has so much upside still, let's hope he taps into it here

Personally, I think trading Robby would be stupid given his talent level and potential

If we're building a culture, then let's help mold him into the type of man that we want to see in our locker room

I realize that some people are lost causes, but its still early for Robby

6 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I've always been a huge fan of Pryor - He has so much upside still, let's hope he taps into it here

Personally, I think trading Robby would be stupid given his talent level and potential

If we're building a culture, then let's help mold him into the type of man that we want to see in our locker room

I realize that some people are lost causes, but its still early for Robby

I'll say this in the nicest way possible... Robby went undrafted for a reason. He's not very smart. That's fine if you don't have a tendency to make boneheaded decisions and show an inability to correct those bad decisions. That's the boat Robby is in right now, and if you're the Jets, it may not be worth your time.

Can't give up on Robby yet.  I do think he's down to his last strike though.

Anderson/Pryor with Q in the slot and a mix of Kearse is something to build around.  Very solid core if Q is healthy and Anderson can just not be so stupid.  Dude has a shot for millions and is blowing it so bad.  A few hundred grand isn't going to last him the rest of his life so he better smarten up quickly.

What we do with Hurns will be telling.  If we ink him it's not Kearse that should be worried it's Robby.  One more strike and he's likely done.

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Wondering why we are still going after Hurns? Seems like overkill. 

Speculating. But would you trade Robby and the number 3 pick to move up to number 2?

I dont think ANY team would trade for Anderson atm. Hes most likely going to face disciplinary action by the league, a 4 game suspension will be my guess. 

I think we stand pat at WR here. Hurns would feel like overkill and would bury our young guys in the depth chart. 

Hes annimmediate improvement but could hinder the development of our 2nd yr guys. 

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Wondering why we are still going after Hurns? Seems like overkill. 

Speculating. But would you trade Robby and the number 3 pick to move up to number 2?

Would I do it to get our guy yea ... would the giants prob not

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If Hurns actually signs with us I think we move Robby or Kearse. Like Kearse a lot but it make sense to move him coming off his best year and him being set to hit the market next year

Gotta move on from Kearse

He did really well for us but as a young team, Hurns has a lot more potential

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I dont think ANY team would trade for Anderson atm. Hes most likely going to face disciplinary action by the league, a 4 game suspension will be my guess. 

I think we stand pat at WR here. Hurns would feel like overkill and would bury our young guys in the depth chart. 

Hes annimmediate improvement but could hinder the development of our 2nd yr guys. 

It's doubtful to be more than 2 to be honest.  No way he gets 4 games.  

39 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's doubtful to be more than 2 to be honest.  No way he gets 4 games.  

Its his 2nd infraction and his actions were pretty egregious.

Even so, we still would stifle the growth of Hansen and Stewart. Both of whom the coaching staff is apperently high on. 

5 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Its his 2nd infraction and his actions were pretty egregious.

Even so, we still would stifle the growth of Hansen and Stewart. Both of whom the coaching staff is apperently high on. 

2nd time yes but still don't think it's more than 2. 

Actually the staff is only high on Hansen apparently.  Stewart not so much so I've heard.  

Someone mentioned when asking about them both that a Jets staffer only spoke glowingly of Hansen and didn't even bother to mention Stewart.  

14 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually think Kearse is the least likely to be moved out of the 3 (he, Anderson, Enunwa)

If they get Hurns, I feel like they might keep 5, have Enunwa at h-back, and move one of the three at the deadline.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually think Kearse is the least likely to be moved out of the 3 (he, Anderson, Enunwa)

He has the least questions. Kearse has been durable and doesn't have the legal issues. Enunwa coming off of a major injury. Anderson has legal issues. Pryor coming off of major surgery. I do not think they are looking to get rid of Kearse who they view highly of. 

Archived