Jets Closing in on WR Terrelle Pryor

Dr.O

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I don't understand this.   Kearse has worked out just fine for Jets and yet we look for a piece of crap to replace him?

Pryor's not replacing him.  His insurance for Robby if he gets suspended.  It's a one year flier.

I don't think we drop anyone.  I think we realized that we weren't going to have 1 really high end #1 WR, so we decided to get as many potential #2's as possible.  Robby would be a great #2, healthy Pryor would be a great #2, Q could be a nice #2/ offensive gadget weapons, Kearse has been a decent #2 before.  Now when we go 4 wide none of them are demand an immediate double team, but any one of them stands a decent chance to beat single coverage on a consistent basis.  We are actually giving out young QB some legit NFL targets.... that's new for us.

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t want Hurns if it means losing Anderson. Id rather see what RA can do given he should know he can’t mess up again and I like his upside.

This is the problem. You would think that he should know, but he doesn't. 

I'm hopeful it works out, just not confident. 

6 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

Its his 2nd infraction and his actions were pretty egregious.

Even so, we still would stifle the growth of Hansen and Stewart. Both of whom the coaching staff is apperently high on. 

Our coaching staff was very high on Charone Peake & Jalin Marshall, D Smith and they were wrong on all. Smith did nothing ever before he got hurt. We are better off getting a proven WR.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

He shouldve known after the 1st time. In truth,  he shouldve known b4 the first time! 

Why are we excusing his behavior? The guy threatened to rape a police officers wife. I love his talent, but i want him gone. I dont want my kids cheering for him nor representing the team ive rooted for since i was 5. 

His actions were disgraceful and theres no redeeming factor to them. 

15 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

He shouldve known after the 1st time. In truth,  he shouldve known b4 the first time! 

Why are we excusing his behavior? The guy threatened to rape a police officers wife. I love his talent, but i want him gone. I dont want my kids cheering for him nor representing the team ive rooted for since i was 5. 

His actions were disgraceful and theres no redeeming factor to them. 

We have to slow down on that part.  There are two different sides.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I feel the same.

for a team that has so much trouble finding and putting quality offensive talent on the field id be open to keeping him another year.

But if the coaches/whomever feel he’s too much of a headcase I understand cutting bait.

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

We have to slow down on that part.  There are two different sides.

Are you nuts there are no two sides to this story. Two different states he went nuts in. The Florida arrest is going to be his big problem.

28 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Are you nuts there are no two sides to this story. Two different states he went nuts in. The Florida arrest is going to be his big problem.

He's talking about Robby saying he would rape the cops wife. 

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If something happens to Anderson, I'm still cool with Pryor, Kearse, and Enunwa if healthy. Good to win with. 

I wouldn't be excited in any scenario where our core doesn't include Robby l, personally. 

I do like the pick up. Or at least it's grown on me. Curious how the depth chart falls. Should be noted that Enunwa hasn't really had much time in this offense. I could see him being the odd man out or playing a lot more tight end. Could also see Pryor being the odd man out. 

Archived