Jets Closing in on WR Terrelle Pryor

Dr.O

17 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

I wouldn't be excited in any scenario where our core doesn't include Robby l, personally. 

I do like the pick up. Or at least it's grown on me. Curious how the depth chart falls. Should be noted that Enunwa hasn't really had much time in this offense. I could see him being the odd man out or playing a lot more tight end. Could also see Pryor being the odd man out. 

You’re vastly not understanding our WR group then.

Pryor is a good WR. There’s no way he’s the odd man out. He was injured pretty much the whole season last year and that’s why his numbers weren’t good. He’s healthy now and should get close to 1,000yds and 8tds if healthy.

Enunwa if healthy is a great weapon. Great hands and size. His only thing will be if he can take hits with his neck. There’s really no way to simulate that, so it’s somethinh we will have to wait and see.

Robby is legit deep threat. He will more than likely be suspended for 4 games. With adding Pryor this isn’t as big of a deal. Hansen can also assume the deep threat role those weeks. I’m sure our staff is telling him he’s down to his final strike so we will see what happens. Not the brightest guy off the field, but a weapon on the field.

Kearse is almost like a version of a poor mans Cotchery a while back. Skill set that doesn’t wow you but is valuable. Good route runner and a vet. While Pryor is older he only switched to WR a few years ago, so Kearse is our vet WR presence. Underrated depth.

Hansen showed more than Stewart last, mainly bc he plays on the outside. He should see increased snaps while Robby is suspended. Hopefully he can show something in year 2.

Stewart is that gadget type WR. Rarely played last year for whatever reason. We have a log jam in the slot so it’s hard for him to get playing time and that really hasn’t changed this year. I thought his best chance to do something was on ST butbthat never happened either.

Smith and Peake are the guys no one talks about. But if healthy, we can’t completely disregard them. They are long shots to even make the roster though.

We have 4 WR's with the skills to reach 1,000 yards. Kearse and Anderson could have hit it if Mccown was healthy. Enunwa reached 800 with Fitz at his worst. Pryor did it with McCown and Kessler. That's amazing to me. If whoever we draft end up being a legit franchise QB, this could be a really nice offense. 

Archived