2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

According  to Rob Rang, Mayfield measured a little over 6’ 216 lbs but more importantly, at least to me, had 9.5 “ hands

His hand was always the most important measurement. Knew he’d be over 6’ just comparing him to Mixon and other players around that height. 

30 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

His hand was always the most important measurement. Knew he’d be over 6’ just comparing him to Mixon and other players around that height. 

Cousins

Darnold

Rosen/Mayfield

Those are my 4. Only reason I have Rosen and Mayfield on the same level is because I'm worried he could retire early to prevent head trauma since his dad is a spine surgeon. Other than that he is far and away the most NFL ready. If we come away with one of those 4 I'll be very happy.

15 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I won't change my stance until the official contact is prevailed.   The latest word is Jimmy G (or his agency) had no interest in new contract with 49ers.

You don't have to change you stance that's fine.  I'm just telling you that SF is not letting JG hit FA and will do everything to keep him.  He is 100% in their plans for a very long time it's laughable to think otherwise.  

2 hours ago, Rich51 said:

According  to Rob Rang, Mayfield measured a little over 6’ 216 lbs but more importantly, at least to me, had 9.5 “ hands

That is the big measurement since he’s smaller, and that’s not a bad measurement. Now he just needs to prove he’s not a tool.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

You don't have to change you stance that's fine.  I'm just telling you that SF is not letting JG hit FA and will do everything to keep him.  He is 100% in their plans for a very long time it's laughable to think otherwise.  

I am well aware of that. It is crazy to think otherwise when you have qb that works out well for you. We just can't assume anything when Allen becomes big star, physical-wise.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I haven't liked Arden Key for quite some time. Even at LSU he was used sparingly. Never mind in the NFL as "our great edge rusher." Chubb should be THE ONLY Edge guy we should consider at 6 at this point.

As I stated earlier Key won't even be a 1st rounder anymore, no worries about him at 6.  Davenport looks like the next Mack.  Beast from small school to fly up the boards into the top 10.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I am well aware of that. It is crazy to think otherwise when you have qb that works out well for you. We just can't assume anything when Allen becomes big star, physical-wise.

Allen was struggling against air yesterday so let's pump the brakes on big star.  If he's going to be a big star than CLE will take him at #1.  I hope he goes #1 or #2 because I want no part of Allen at all.  I wouldn't take him if he fell to us at 6.  He is not the next Ben or Wentz, he is terrible.

Can't believe we are having a conversation about SF trading up past us for a QB.  

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That is the big measurement since he’s smaller, and that’s not a bad measurement. Now he just needs to prove he’s not a tool.

With the 6th pick in the 2018 NFL draft the NY Jets select. . . . . Baker Mayfield

"and the crowd goes wild"

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

With the 6th pick in the 2018 NFL draft the NY Jets select. . . . . Baker Mayfield

"and the crowd goes wild"

I’ll be at the draft this year. I’ll be the guy shaking my head No that they film. Mayfield will probably then give me the finger on live TV. Well Bc that’s what his personality is.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not a Mayfield fan at all. But I just have a feeling we will draft him, bc we never draft players I like.

I don't think so.  He is too small for Maccagnan's taste.  I can guarantee you that Jets will trade up for Allen or Darnold if Jets want to.  Jets will pass over Mayfield at 6th. No question.

Maccgnan had tried to sign (talk with) Matt Schaub, Mike Glennon, Nick Foles? and few nobodies in the past for Jets.  I believe the smallest qb he ever thought of or discussed about was TJ Yates (well over 6 1 but about 225) who happened to play pro style offense.

Archived