2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

I've been preparing for the worst this season and looking at the top QB prospects going into the next draft.  If things don't work out with Hack, I like Browning, Darnold, Rosen, and Allen so far. Allen is my #1 though.

I really hope this next draft is heavily slanted towards the offense. Positions in mind for me based on round

1st Round - QB, LT, WR

2nd Round - WR, C, RB

3rd Rounds - RB, MLB

With the potential $80M in cap space prior to the draft I'd love to bring in 2 high profile players at WR/RB, guys I have my sights on at Hopkins, Allen, Bell. Say the Jets finish with a pick 8-14 this year (but none of the QBs really look like the guy of the future) and the Patriots franchise Jimmy G, would anyone be willing to give up 2 first round picks to sign him?

It would likely cost at least that much to trade up to #1 overall, but you would be signing him to a big deal. The bright side is we really don't have any big contracts to hand out anytime soon. 

Patriots will never trade us a QB.

As I continue to look at the schedule, I can maybe see us pulling 3-4 games. We're going up against a lot of the top offenses from last season.All the teams in the NFC South got better. We almost lost to the Browns last season. Good news QB wise is that we're either going to be in position to sign the best QB on the market or draft one.

Because their could be some great QB prospects coming in this draft, teams will charge everything for the top 3 picks. It will cost about as much as the Redskins gave up for RGIII .

I do like that draft order so far. Who ever the QB is will need a true #1 WR that can cause defenses to adapt to him.

40 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Patriots will never trade us a QB.

As I continue to look at the schedule, I can maybe see us pulling 3-4 games. We're going up against a lot of the top offenses from last season.All the teams in the NFC South got better. We almost lost to the Browns last season. Good news QB wise is that we're either going to be in position to sign the best QB on the market or draft one.

Because their could be some great QB prospects coming in this draft, teams will charge everything for the top 3 picks. It will cost about as much as the Redskins gave up for RGIII .

I do like that draft order so far. Who ever the QB is will need a true #1 WR that can cause defenses to adapt to him.

The Patriots wouldn't trade us, we'd sign Jimmy G and be forced to give up 2 firsts because that is what is needed to sign a franchise tagged player away from his team.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

The Patriots wouldn't trade us, we'd sign Jimmy G and be forced to give up 2 firsts because that is what is needed to sign a franchise tagged player away from his team.

lol I'm too scared to invest high in a patriots QB. They don't workout any where else. I liked Jimmy G coming out of college, but I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him. If we're picking between 8-14 and can't trade up, I'm looking at Jake Browning, Faulk, Flowers, or Rudolph pending on how they perform. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I'm too scared to invest high in a patriots QB. They don't workout any where else. I liked Jimmy G coming out of college, but I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him. If we're picking between 8-14 and can't trade up, I'm looking at Jake Browning, Faulk, Flowers, or Rudolph pending on how they perform. 

Okay haha yea I'm cool with not making that trade too but if we do fall 8-14 and the options are:

Jimmy G for 2 firsts

Kurt Cousins for 5 years $120M

All our picks for the next 2 years for the #1 pick

Roll with Hack/Petty

I think all options are on the table, it will likely come down to who our head coach is. Either way we'll be looking to heavily evaluate everyone on our roster to see who is in the long term plans. I'd love to see us give Enunwa a 1 year deal, extend Leo for an additional 3 years, and then watch Mo & Sheldon this season to see if we want to keep either of them.

Yeah , it's a tough call. It will all come down to the pick. I'm starting to feel bad for Bowles. Even if last year was a fluke, how can he really show progress with this roster vs this schedule? It's going to be interesting to see how this works for him.  

I really want Hack to work out so we can pick the LT from Notre Dame. But our history got me preparing for the worst. My eyes are really on Rosen and Allen . With Rosen getting healthy and hopefully an improved surrounding, he'll be able to bounce back. 

2 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Yea I really hope Hack shows can ball but anything less of that I think we add a QB for the draft.

I agree. He's been struggling to break the huddle and get the ball out of his hands fast enough. So It's hard for me to expect a big year from him this season. 

Drafting the franchise left tackle before the franchise QB seems like putting the cart before the horse, to me. Look at Joe Thomas. It's great to have a Joe Thomas, but it means nothing if he has to go through 57 QB's in 10 years.

If we are drafting 8-14 next year, I hope we draft the best QB still on the board. And if we don't like any of those guys, draft a franchise RB. Or a franchise WR. The defense should be reasonably settled and established, so next draft will be all about the skill positions and the offense overall. 

Yeah, no one should be considering picking a LT over a QB if you don't have one. I'm only considering a LT if Hack has a great season.  I agree with the skilled positions. We have our building parts on defense, just need some on offense. 

Yea I think Free Agency will be where we focus on the skill positions needed. I'd love to throw silly money at Bell to get him away from the Steelers. Give him a high guarantee for like 3 years before we'd need to pay anyone. It would seriously help out Hack or any QB we draft in 2018.

yeah, there isn't a lot of free agents I'm really interested in. Getting Bell would be great but He'll probably end up going to a team ready to compete unless we offer a crazy contract. If for some reason we lose out on ASJ or he doesn't work out, I'm interested in Jimmy Graham if we plan to use him the same way he was used in New Orleans. Won't have to break the bank for him and still makes plays.

Archived