2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, GreenShore said:

Rosen has a talented team. Don't kid yourself.

Sure Rosen may have more talent, but he has yet to show that he is committed to being great.

Darnold has more than enough talent and has shown he's committed up to this point.

We'll discuss this after the season when we really know.

It HAS been man many years since UCLA had a top team. Right now they a pretty bad team. Didn't we get freeman Mc Neill in the draft from UCLA. He was one of the best RB we ever had. Maybe only John Riggins was better. Curtis Martin was also a great RB for us, I will never understand why we Let Riggins walk, he was is the prime of his career when he left. Even back then the Jet front office were *^#@ up.  

Call me crazy but I really like Baker Mayfield. He is electric to watch & that can be contagious. He makes plays outta nothing & has good pocket presence. I also like the fact that he's a senior. I'm not crazy about spending a top pick on a kid that only has 16 games on his resume (Sanchez). I'm not saying Mayfield is a top 3 pick, but I wouldn't mind if draft day went something like this:

1st pick- RB Penn State (stud)

move back into the 1st rd & take Mayfield.

if you haven't watched any tape on Mayfield, do yourself a favor & watch some. The kid loves Football & it shows.

Knowing the Jets and our history of being unable to secure top 4 picks even when we flat out suck; i would bet the jets might surprise everyone and probably get 6 wins this year. That would put them around the 7 or 8th pick for the draft. Macganan is not trading up to grab Darnold. We must likely end up with another best defensive player available.

Also Sam Darnold already has 7 interceptions through 4 games. Another point of concern i have about him.

4 hours ago, Jetfan37+ said:

Call me crazy but I really like Baker Mayfield. He is electric to watch & that can be contagious. He makes plays outta nothing & has good pocket presence. I also like the fact that he's a senior. I'm not crazy about spending a top pick on a kid that only has 16 games on his resume (Sanchez). I'm not saying Mayfield is a top 3 pick, but I wouldn't mind if draft day went something like this:

if you haven't watched any tape on Mayfield, do yourself a favor & watch some. The kid loves Football & it shows.

I'd be really cool with this

I believe the draft is deep enough in QB's and RB's combined that I would not want to trade up at all. We need to keep all our picks. That is how you build a winner. We should take the best QB available when it is our turn to pick. UNLESS, Barkley is available to us and he is better than the QB's available. Then in Round 2, take a QB. Hell, take 2.

15 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Dante Pettis WR Washington is a guy I really like, could be had in the 2nd as of now but he's smooth and athletic

Call me crazy but I don't think WR is a major need unless Enunwa can't be 100%.  Anderson time and time again gets open like an elite deep threat in this league and when the QB hits him in stride he makes the play.  Stewart continues to make plays every time he steps on the field and could solidify the slot position.  I don't see how you can keep this guy off the field for Kerley much longer.  With a healthy Enunwa and the way Kearse has been playing you have 4 solid WR's.  There is no AJ Green or Julio Jones in that mix but I also don't think you need that type of WR to win either.  Luxury more than necessity.  

TE could still be a need if ASJ or Leggett don't seize the opportunity and RB is a need with Forte on his last legs and Powell getting close to 30.  I like McGuire but I think a stud RB will keep him in his natural backup/3rd down role.  Guice, Bo, Chubb are all 2-3 round targets.

I still haven't written off Lamar Jackson yet especially if we fall to the 6-10 range.  That skill set is still super intriguing at the next level as a Vick/Taylor hybrid.  I mean the second he steps on the field those legs are going to cause problems for defenses.  You just have to hope he stays healthy and runs smart.  He's only 20 at the moment but his arm and athletic ability is off the charts.  I think you can win with a Tyrod/Vick type QB if you have a good defense, a RB threat and vertical WR's.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:43 AM, Jetfan37+ said:

I was wondering this same thing. I haven't been too impressed with the QBs that are projected to go in top 10. Which sucks because we really need a potential franchise QB. But Barkley is by far the best offensive player in this draft and he will make this offense a lot better. 

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Would you guys still take Connor Williams with him missing the rest of the year? Probably the best LT in the class.

I'd like to see us address OL in FA allowing us to grab skill players in the draft. I don't see very many skill players that we'd get excited about hitting FA, when there might be several OL guys hit FA. But no I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted Williams just not with our 1st rounder.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd like to see us address OL in FA allowing us to grab skill players in the draft. I don't see very many skill players that we'd get excited about hitting FA, when there might be several OL guys hit FA. But no I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted Williams just not with our 1st rounder.

There are a ton of WR's that are going to hit the FA market so not sure why you aren't excited about Landry, A-Rob, Adams etc.  WR is loaded this year in FA.  

OL is the area that looks shaky in FA.  Not that we need a major upgrade outside C.  I'm not ready to replace Shell he's been solid enough and should get better, both guards look set and Dozier is the perfect depth at G as he filled in nicely last week.  Beachem looks solid and is only 27 I believe so unless you are excited about a 29 year old Nate Solider I don't see a ton of hype for the OL in FA.  Only guys would be Richburg/Linsley at C if you wanted to upgrade Johnson.  They are really the only worthy targets on the OL.  I would like to either address C with them or look for a guy in the mid rounds to push Johnson for his spot.

Archived