2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

15 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I'm starting to get the feeling we could very well end up 4-12 or 5-11 and miss out on Rosen and Darnold but that's okay to me Mayfield, Rudolph, Jackson, and Allen all look like they have upside to be good QBs(albeit some risk).

I'm not a fan of Jackson. Watch his footwork. He's always standing upright when he throws. This can be coached up, I know, but he's also kinda on the skinny side. Skinny running QB translate to bad news. See RG3. Never really gets his body weight into the pass. He's obviously super athletic, but I'll pass.

2 hours ago, Akomplice said:

Yeah I don't see the Mayfield hype at all, excellent college QB but in the NFL he looks the part of Manziel 2.0 who was inexplicably a first round pick.

Then again with how these QB's are playing right now, it's hard to fall in love with any of them.

Please elaborate. Yeah he steaked the 50 yard line in Ohio with the Sooner flag. That was outta retaliation for what Ohio did the year before. To me, that's just having the balls to stand up for his team. I love that. He then talked smack before the Baylor game. Which player doesn't talk smack. He's a better QB than manziel. He left Texas Tech to go to Oklahoma without telling the staff & OU. Just shows up as a walk on & took the starting job. That tells me he's a confident kid. Just watch the tape.

58 minutes ago, Jetfan37+ said:

Please elaborate. Yeah he steaked the 50 yard line in Ohio with the Sooner flag. That was outta retaliation for what Ohio did the year before. To me, that's just having the balls to stand up for his team. I love that. He then talked smack before the Baylor game. Which player doesn't talk smack. He's a better QB than manziel. He left Texas Tech to go to Oklahoma without telling the staff & OU. Just shows up as a walk on & took the starting job. That tells me he's a confident kid. Just watch the tape.

I wouldn't be upset if we wound up with him honestly. He can bring emotion to this offense and a passion back to the fan base. He does scare me coming to NY though, I really hope he won't be Johnny Football 2.0

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

And not for nothing...I'll take wins now that our changing the perception of this franchise where we can actually attract FAs to come here rather than go 1-15 just for a QB who will be surrounded by the same team we are praying will over achieve again. The future looks brighter...but we HAVE to figure out the QB situation moving forward. 

Absolutely on board with you. Give me the wins and positive culture and then let's make a trade up to #1

38 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Who on earth are we trading up to #1 for? Lol

You trade up to #1 if you think the franchise guy is there and no chance he makes it to our pick. No more projects. If your guy is in this draft, go get him. Whether its Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, etc... 

Baker Mayfield was also arrested this past summer and had to do substance abuse counseling. He is the exact opposite of what we want in a franchise QB IMO. 

2 hours ago, Jetfan37+ said:

What NFL QB talks smack publically? This is also highlight video, everyone looks good on a highlight video I want to see game tape. All his manor-isms scream Johnny Manziel. That off the field non-sense is not something you bring in when we are looking for a culture change and adding leadership. Don't get leadership and cockiness confused. Nothing this kid does constitutes leadership. Hes having a great season and that's going to to but the best thing he can do is STFU outside the field keep his head down and start acting like an adult. 

I havent really made up my mind on him yet because I havent seen enough, but I hate the stuff I hear about him off the field. When your undersized and want to be a **** off the field you don't get the same amount of chances with scouts. Ask Chad Kelly how being a jerk work out for him. 

1 hour ago, PaulieIceman said:

You trade up to #1 if you think the franchise guy is there and no chance he makes it to our pick. No more projects. If your guy is in this draft, go get him. Whether its Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, etc... 

That’s the issue. If there’s a guy there that’s legit then Cleveland is going to draft him. Or ask for an absurd amount of compensation making the risk even larger. 

I don’t think I’m comfortable with this franchise doing that, but maybe we get lucky like the Rams/Eagles though Goff/Wentz didn’t have this kind of hype 

right now the only prospect I would trade to 1 for is Rosen and I’m not giving up more than 2019 pick and if we are out of the top 5 (we are drafting 6th again, calling it now) it’s going to cost too much when you weigh the potential risk.

darnold is going back to school at this trajectory 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Want absolutely nothing to do with the contract Cousins is going to get. Hard pass

im not crippling the cap on a slightly above average QB

Although i do agree about the contract hes much better than slightly above average. Slightly above average is Eli Manning. Kirk Cousins puts up monster numbers and that offense doesnt have stud receivers. Hes good. But not 20 million a year at age 30 good. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Want absolutely nothing to do with the contract Cousins is going to get. Hard pass

im not crippling the cap on a slightly above average QB

Slightly above average threw for 5000 yards last year and is off too a hot start this year

that would erect a statue in front of our stadium if we had a qb do that

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

The last thing we need is so be tricked into thinking we have a competitive team and not giving Hack playing time for at least 4-6 games. This QB question needs to be clearer before the offseason.

You are talking to deaf ears, it will be the same as the last two years with Fitz. Wouldn't be ironic it the Giants ended with a worst record than us and the got the franchise QB with the pick and got another Manning for another 15 years. An we ended up holding our you no what. Bowles will never start Hack or Petty, that you can count on that. Bowles, will be happy with 4 or 5 wins using a bunch of rethread  vets players. .Just enough wins to knock us out of a top 3 or 4 pick. 

Archived