2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

On 10/5/2017 at 4:43 AM, Rich51 said:

I completely agree with you on Mayfield. I probably wouldn’t draft him in the first because of his size but if he has decent hand size (at least 9.25) I would love to take him in the second or third. He has a tough schedule ahead with 3 top 25 teams (TCU, Okla St, W.Virginia)and a couple of others that received votes (Kansas St, Texas Tech) so his draft stock will depend a lot on how he does the rest of the season. Last season he broke Russell Wilson’s FBS passer efficiency rating and this season he’s 30 potions higher

Glad to see more & more people coming around on Mayfield. I personally love the passion he plays with & not to mention the swag. Reminds of another QB we had back in the day.??? I'd be comfortable taking him in the 2nd & grabing OL or BPA in the 1st.

1 hour ago, Jetfan37+ said:

Glad to see more & more people coming around on Mayfield. I personally love the passion he plays with & not to mention the swag. Reminds of another QB we had back in the day.??? I'd be comfortable taking him in the 2nd & grabing OL or BPA in the 1st.

I think most people would be okay with him in the 2nd but I'd have to imagine we'll need to trade into the middle of round 1 to land him. I think if he makes it past the top 10 then you'd have to be worried about teams trading into the back end of round 1 or teams with older QBs that want to stash him for a year. Steelers/Ravens/Bengals/Chargers/Giants/Vikings are all teams that could be looking to replace aging or declining QBs. I think no matter who the QB is, if we like him enough we'll have to take him with our 1st rounder. We'll likely need to trade up as well because teams know we want a QB and will be trying to leapfrog us. 

3 hours ago, Jetfan37+ said:

I would LOVE to know who he reminds you of..

13 minutes ago, Jetfan37+ said:

His swag reminds me of Broadway Joe. His game reminds me of Favre.

I was so scared you were going to say Sanchez. Those are solid comparisons. Sadly there are still morons that think Sanchez could have been a star even after failing everywhere else anmd it makes me sick.

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I was so scared you were going to say Sanchez. Those are solid comparisons. Sadly there are still morons that think Sanchez could have been a star even after failing everywhere else anmd it makes me sick.

Sanchez held his own when he had talent around him. JETS FO got cute/cheap & started taking his weapons away & put it all on him. Bad move.

3 minutes ago, Jetfan37+ said:

Sanchez held his own when he had talent around him. JETS FO got cute/cheap & started taking his weapons away & put it all on him. Bad move.

Sanchez never had over a 60% completion percentage or an ability to not turn over the ball with or without weapons. He dint have it mentally and hasnt had success anywhere. He was just a bad draft pick. 

No other place to really put this but what happened to Folk?  He was so good for us last year and he can't buy a FG right now.  Made the right move cutting him it seems. 

I mean we all knew Revis, Mangold, Harris etc were shot but the other guys we move on from Marshall, Decker, Sheldon have all been awful.  Marshall probably has more drops then catches, Decker has a few catches but nothing spectacular and Sheldon is anchoring the 27th best run defense giving up 5.0 ypc with no sacks.  

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

No other place to really put this but what happened to Folk?  He was so good for us last year and he can't buy a FG right now.  Made the right move cutting him it seems. 

I mean we all knew Revis, Mangold, Harris etc were shot but the other guys we move on from Marshall, Decker, Sheldon have all been awful.  Marshall probably has more drops then catches, Decker has a few catches but nothing spectacular and Sheldon is anchoring the 27th best run defense giving up 5.0 ypc with no sacks.  

Through week 4, a lot of our FA decisions have looked pretty good. I can't believe Folk missed those FGs (especially the last one). The mental game matters more at certain positions. PK is up there on that list.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:09 PM, Rockice_8 said:

Eh Seahawks have been very happy with Sheldon. He was great yesterday against the Rams. Decker and Marshall went from starters to 3rd options.

16 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Thinking about what John Morton could do with Baker Mayfield gets me excited. 

I want to see how the rest of the season goes but I would be on board with Mayfield. I think he'd bring a mojo to the offense that we haven't had in a long time.

Archived