2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

16 hours ago, Malik said:

Eh Seahawks have been very happy with Sheldon. He was great yesterday against the Rams. Decker and Marshall went from starters to 3rd options.

They say that but yesterday was really his first game with an impact.  Their run D finally slowed Gurley and Sheldon had an impact play with the INT even though it fell in his lap.

Marshall was a #1 option early on when OBJ was out not sure you can defend him there, he was awful when he played.  Decker is caught up in a run first team so I get that some but still.

Sheldon should have a sack at this point in that 4-3 front known for attacking the QB.  He is not really missed is all I'm saying.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Mayfield in Round 1 would be a mistake. I'd rather see us grab a star RB or a LT.

Or a Pass Rusher for opposite Ealy

Or a true #1 CB.

Lots of ways to go in round 1 but QB is still top priority.  If you have to jump back up into the 20's to secure a QB you do it should we go another direction with our 1st. 

The more we win games, the more we are discovering possible keepers for next year. But the one constant is the QB position. That has to be priority 1, regardless of where in Round 1 we select.

Claiborne is a serviceable No. 1 CB. We could use an upgrade from Skrine on the other side, but it's not crucial compared to the QB position.

McGuire looks more like a change-of-pace back, but ya never know. He has been better than expected. I still take a QB over an RB (the exception being Barkley).

O-line has been serviceable, as well. I certainly would not draft a center or LT or guard before a QB.

Edge rusher. Yeah, this is the one position where I could get behind drafting a stud OLB ahead of a QB, but maybe we can get one in free agency or Round 2?

Curious, who is 'winning' the race for top QB right now? How would you guys handicap it? And, for that matter, how would you handicap the Heisman race? 

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

Only just started watching tape on Luke Falk but the kid seems cool as a cucumber. Nothing overly flashy, high completion percentage, and has a cool demeanor about him. Have to watch some more but I wouldn't be upset with him at all.

He has a high completion percentage bc he plays for Mike Leach. I'm not against Falk, but he's a 2nd day pick at best for me.

None of these QB's are standing out above the crowd...yet. So at this point there is no need to plan any strategies to move up in the draft. Let's let the chips fall where they may. Maybe by the end of next month we'll know more about who we should target. But maybe not.

Right now, we have as good of a chance to pick our next QB regardless of where we end up in the standings as we do if we were to trade up. I view that as a good thing.

44 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

None of these QB's are standing out above the crowd...yet. So at this point there is no need to plan any strategies to move up in the draft. Let's let the chips fall where they may. Maybe by the end of next month we'll know more about who we should target. But maybe not.

Right now, we have as good of a chance to pick our next QB regardless of where we end up in the standings as we do if we were to trade up. I view that as a good thing.

I think it shouldn't be understated how many QB's could be available after this season too. Brees, Smith, Cousins, Bridgewater, Bradford, and Jimmy G could all be available. Cousins and Jimmy G would be tops on my list but there are situations where I'd be okay with Brees/Smith/Bridgewater + a rookie, I want no part of Bradford though.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya this whole draft class looks pretty weak actually. Not a year for us to move up.

Think it depends on the position, WR and TE look weak to me where as RB and OL look exceptionally strong and deep, QB is the real question mark has solid depth but the top guys either haven't completely lived up to expectations or have questions about how their game will translate to the next level.

Archived