2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

3 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Baseball and basketball are largely individual centered games, I don't believe Rivers is going to make it into the HoF because he doesn't have a ring even though I believe he was a superior QB to Eli. Eli's last name and 2 spectacular catches are going to get him into the HoF after a relatively lack luster overall career.

Your are right about that he sure was lucky, don't forget the Welker drop that would of given the Pats first down & let them run out the clock. How about that we agree on something.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What  you say is true, but you could say the same thing about Ernie Banks in baseball, and Charles  Barkley in basketball, these player never won anything, like Rivers. But you would give your right arm to have any one of those three players on your team. Its all about the team you have around you. No way am I comparing Geno Smith, to the above players, but when he had a chance to be starting QB for the Jets he was supported with garbage players.

He had one of the most dynamic RBs in the NFL in LT for a good portion of his career. And one of the best TEs in Gates. He had talent around him.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

So according to Manish, there is NO CHANCE the Jets consider Lamar Jackson in the first 3 rounds. 

I’m not crazy about Jackson, but would much rather take him than Mayfield.

I wouldn't take anything that clown says seriously.  We'd be fools not to consider him.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This OT class is very good. We’d be fools to not take 1 with one of our top 3 picks.

This RB class is loaded.  Haven't researched the OT class much yet.  

I mean there is going to be guys in the mid rounds who are flat out studs.  3rd round is ideal for a future 3 down back.  Maybe Ronald Jones II or Rashaad Penny would be a great fit here as a 3 down back.  

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He had one of the most dynamic RBs in the NFL in LT for a good portion of his career. And one of the best TEs in Gates. He had talent around him.

That is true Bobby, but he never had the defensive the Giants had, and that is why the Giants went further in the playoff than the Chargers.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This OT class is very good. We’d be fools to not take 1 with one of our top 3 picks.

I wouldn't be opposed to one but I think I'd rather go QB, double dip at Pass Rusher, and a center. The center is the weak link on the line and is likely the reason why we can't run the ball well. Pass Rusher is the position that's eluded us the last 12 years so I think double dipping would be smart. If one of the players turns into a good Pass Rusher it will be worth it, I think that position will spark this entire defense (I expect us to snag a CB in FA as well) and then QB round 1 should be expected.

23 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

So according to Manish, there is NO CHANCE the Jets consider Lamar Jackson in the first 3 rounds. 

I’m not crazy about Jackson, but would much rather take him than Mayfield.

lol it's not even December yet. I'm waiting until combine time before I take anything draft related seriously. 

I like Jackson, but I honestly have to watch him more. But if Mariota can do it from Oregon, I don't have a reason why Jackson can't. I still have Josh above him, but I wouldn't be mad with him at this point. 

On 11/23/2017 at 11:24 AM, rickyt31 said:

lol it's not even December yet. I'm waiting until combine time before I take anything draft related seriously. 

I like Jackson, but I honestly have to watch him more. But if Mariota can do it from Oregon, I don't have a reason why Jackson can't. I still have Josh above him, but I wouldn't be mad with him at this point. 

No Jackson for Jets for sure.  I don't see how Jets will draft him and make him a starter on week 1.  He is no Pat Mahomes who gets ahead of poor man Tyler Bray.  Petty and Hackenberg are still ahead of Jackson.

On 26/11/2017 at 10:02 AM, JetsandI said:

No Jackson for Jets for sure.  I don't see how Jets will draft him and make him a starter on week 1.  He is no Pat Mahomes who gets ahead of poor man Tyler Bray.  Petty and Hackenberg are still ahead of Jackson.

I disagree. We don't need Lamar Jackson to start Week 1, but he would CLEARLY be ahead of both Petty and Hackenberg on the depth chart. We could even use Lamar in certain packages. He is a major weapon for a good offensive mind like Morton to use.

30 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I disagree. We don't need Lamar Jackson to start Week 1, but he would CLEARLY be ahead of both Petty and Hackenberg on the depth chart. We could even use Lamar in certain packages. He is a major weapon for a good offensive mind like Morton to use.

Clearly?  Ha!  Certain packages such as RPO?  maybe.  As for Morton being a good offensive mind coach, we should not get ahead of ourselves.  Morton is just an average coach right now as you should not assume that he has magic influence on qb who never plays pro style offense.  Petty and Hackenberg have 3 years.  Jackson has ZERO.  You or someone else claims that any qb can work with Morton's scheme then Petty and Hackenberg will do.

After Jets have dealt with players' poor attitude and behavior for two years, I wonder how comfortable will FO be with Mayfield's repeating embarrassment and apology routine?  So far I know public intoxication is only bad thing he has done so far. Other than that, his behavior is not much worse than Anderson' lobbying for Pro Bowl vote on camera.  Bowles is not happy about it. umm.

Archived