2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

I don't think you draft Mayfield with the intention of changing his game. If you draft Mayfield, the goal should be to make him the next Wilson. Otherwise, you shouldn't draft him. 

He shows he can scan the field and continues to look for receivers when he is on the move. He'll be the most hotly debated player heading into the draft. The "Is he Manziel or Wilson" debate will go on until he starts for an NFL team. 

If he wins the national championship, or even if he gets to the national championship by beating Georgia, I'd like to think that the comparison for Mayfield will start to change from Manziel to Watson. 

Mayfield is still my second-favorite QB from this draft class, after Jackson. 

9 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Mayfield - 6' 220

Wilson - 5' 11 215

Brees - 6' 209

There is no reason he can't succeed in the NFL at his height and weight. Brees doesn't take many shots but Wilson is shorter and lighter than Mayfield with one of the worst OL in all of football. He is arguably going to win the MVP . this year

Great comparison. Comparing Mayfield to 2 elite QBs. And you laugh when I say Hack can be good.

I have to watch more of Mayfield, but I don't understand the Manziel = Mayfield comparison. Must be his attitude people are comparing. Mayfield is different. 

Macc really needs to dig deep into his QB scouting this year. I'm not writing off Lamar Jackson because of Mariota. 

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I have to watch more of Mayfield, but I don't understand the Manziel = Mayfield comparison. Must be his attitude people are comparing. Mayfield is different.

The Manziel comparisons are from lazy fans. His attitude is so much better, NFL teams are not going to be concerned with Mayfield. I expect him to win the National Championship. If he was 3 inches taller and played in the SEC he'd be the first pick this year.

15 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

The Manziel comparisons are from lazy fans. His attitude is so much better, NFL teams are not going to be concerned with Mayfield. I expect him to win the National Championship. If he was 3 inches taller and played in the SEC he'd be the first pick this year.

I compare them bc if there small size. And most their success coming from moving around. Both things that make it hard to transfer over to the NFL. His attitude is a whole other issue.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I compare them bc if there small size. And most their success coming from moving around. Both things that make it hard to transfer over to the NFL. His attitude is a whole other issue.

The way they move around is completely different. It's a lazy and sloppy comparison. 

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I live in Texas and watch a lot of big 12 football and have seen Baker play a ton. It’s not at all a lazy sloppy comparison.

Coming from the person that touts Hackenberg as the future. I'll take that with a grain of salt.

19 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Coming from the person that touts Hackenberg as the future. I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I’ve said Gack needs a chance. I’ve never said he’s the future. I said we need to atleast play him to see. If you like Mayfield then I’ll take any opinion you have on any player with a grain of salt. You and rdelaney are the only ones drooling over him. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm watching more footage of the top QBs to see who is my #2 and #3 QB. I don't think we'll have a shot at the top 2 QBs with the Giants and Browns holding the picks. 

I think they have it locked up, I wonder if the Browns will try for Cousins or if they would rather draft one. If Cousins chose the Giants and the #1 pick were up for grabs I'd move mountains to get there. IMO the #3 team will look to move back unless they want a QB or Chubb

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve said Gack needs a chance. I’ve never said he’s the future. I said we need to atleast play him to see. If you like Mayfield then I’ll take any opinion you have on any player with a grain of salt. You and rdelaney are the only ones drooling over him. 

My rankings are:

Rosen

Darnold

Cousins

Mayfield

Jackson

I'm not sure I'd call that drooling.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Your exact words were that you'd rather see Hackenberg over Mayfield or Jackson next year. Stay woke.

Archived