2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I forgot about Hughes. We need to have him on the watchlist. We need a threat at KR/PR. 

Nah.  If we get him that high, he stays CB.  Pittsburgh's WR Quadree Henderson or Clemson's WR Ray Ray McCloud would do the trick. McCloud has played CB due to depleted secondary.

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I didn't know you lived in Orlando? I live in Texas but go to Walt Disney World like 4 times a year, so I feel like I should move to Orlando.

Anyway back to Hughes. I honestly don't know much about him as a CB, but he certainly looks great as a ST return guy. If that's what we are looking for I really like Pettis from UW. I see him slipping a bit in the draft bc he needs some work as a WR, but his ST value right away is top notch. He had 9 PR for TDs in his career (very impressive).

by rowing across the Gulf of Mexico?

21 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Of course. I'll give him a look. I'm playing catch up on a lot of players. 

If we find our franchise QB via trade or free agency, we might go defense or OG.

That or heavily invest in FA for OL help and trade up for Darnold.   I think I move on from Rosen to Darnold as I finally get over with his elongated arm motion.

• 2 weeks later...

Why bury it deeper?  Senior Bowl is here.

Marcus Davenport holds 259 pounds. Good.

Josh Allen has an evidently upgrade over Christian Hackenberg.  All measurements.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo has problem with height but his 243 lb and a whopping 34 1/2 inch arm length. Perfect for zone blitzing defense.

Jalyn Holmes is close to 280 mark. With those measurements in SB, he is ideal for replacing Wilkerson in 4th round.

Mason Cole is barely 6 4 tall with almost 10 hand size.  Still want him at C or G?

Frank Ragnow is a towering C. Almost 6 5.  Yuck!  Move him to G.

Scott Quessenberry offers solid measurements but he looked weak to me back in October.

Isaiah Wynn may end up at C but his hand size is unappealing.  G would work.

Man I was targeting Davenport in round 2 for us but he may find his way into the top half of round 1 and maybe even top 10 with a good combine.

As for a new target in round 2 Arden Key could be a guy that drops out of round 1.

Okoronkwo would be a fantastic pick in round 3 maybe with the SEA pick if need be.

Brian O'neil and Tyrell Crosby are two guys in that SEA pick/3rd round that could be future LT's in 2019 with a red shirt 2018 behind Beachum.

At CB I'm keeping an eye on JC Jackson.  Had some off the field issues but without them he would be talked about with the best CB's in this class.  I'd take a shot in round 3 on him on talent alone.  Let Adams/Maye take him under their wing.

Quick Senior Bowl Mock:
1st - Mayfield (QB)
2nd - Key (DE/OLB)
2nd - Crosby (OT)
3rd - Jackson (CB)
4th - Best RB on the board

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Key in 2nd won't rule out for Maccagnan who is the sucker for LSU players.  Mel Kiper thinks Guice may be available after 2nd. If it turns out logically then whoa! Jets must get both LSU for best talented value.

Key isn't just dropping because of his off the field stuff.  There is concern about his play as well so it's not a slam dunk if he's there in round 2.

Apparently Baker Mayfield's height continues to be a mystery. He missed the weigh-ins do to family matters. I'm thinking he measured himself a week ago and realized that he wasn't part of that 1% of people who continue to grow through college. Then it sunk in that he has tell everyone he is actually 5'4" tall. 

Still my second favorite QB in the draft. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Apparently Baker Mayfield's height continues to be a mystery. He missed the weigh-ins do to family matters. I'm thinking he measured himself a week ago and realized that he wasn't part of that 1% of people who continue to grow through college. Then it sunk in that he has tell everyone he is actually 5'4" tall. 

Still my second favorite QB in the draft. 

I read over on the draft forum that he will be in this afternoon for measurements. I don’t think measurements are optional either at Senior Bowl or combine.

2 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I read over on the draft forum that he will be in this afternoon for measurements. I don’t think measurements are optional either at Senior Bowl or combine.

Good to know. I don't think it really matters to be honest. He should have just gotten out of the way. Feels like he's drawing more attention to the situation. 

23 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I already feel like Josh Allen is going to rise up draft boards during these off-season workouts. He's already getting mocked at number 1. I'm not a fan but I feel like he could be high on the Jets board. So, I'm pulling for him.

I like Allen a lot but I think all our reservations are about us wanting a more sure thing at QB.

Archived