2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

He is, his first year we less instinctive usually a step behind. This year he wasn't thinking as much but still had trouble executing in coverage and against the run. This year will tell us a lot about him and if he doesn't get to where we all hope I'd move him to another team rather than position.

I'd rather try to utilize his athleticism and try to get something out of him then swing him for a likely late round pick.  Either way, I think we can agree that Mac likely screwed up by drafting him.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One thing i'm finding interesting is that Connor Williams seems like the only consensus LT at the next level off of scouting reports.  Many are mixed on McGlinchey and most view Orlando Brown as a potential elite RT.

McGlinchey is overrated, Nelson saved him a ton of times at Norte Dame. Like Orlando Brown at LT and Martinas Rankins is solid too.

5 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I would honestly not be against this.  

All these picks for us drafting at six, is all predicated on us getting Cousins. What happens if we don't get him ?? Do you still want a offensive guard? Mac made a huge mistake last year not drafting Davlin Cook, when he fell to us in the second round. Cook in 3 1'2 games had 354 yards rushing he avg. 4.8 YPC, and he is a outstanding pass receiver coming out of the back field. He would have plugged a big hole at RB. Our #6 pick in the draft is our future, it still gives us several  options, we can't screw it up. What happens if one of the four top QB's in the draft drops to us at six do you still want a offensive guard. The odds on one of those QB dropping  to us at six are the same as us signing Cousins not very good. Am I a pessimist, you bet I am when it comes to the Jets. Look at some of our first round picks the last 10 years or so, Dee Milliner, Pryor, Couples, Lee. I don't even want to get into second round picks they are just as bad. Mac has a monumental job this offseason getting the Jets a QB. I am sick and tired of being 5-11 ever year.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

All these picks for us drafting at six, is all predicated on us getting Cousins. What happens if we don't get him ?? Do you still want a offensive guard? Mac made a huge mistake last year not drafting Davlin Cook, when he fell to us in the second round. Cook in 3 1'2 games had 354 yards rushing he avg. 4.8 YPC, and he is a outstanding pass receiver coming out of the back field. He would have plugged a big hole at RB. Our #6 pick in the draft is our future, it still gives us several  options, we can't screw it up. What happens if one of the four top QB's in the draft drops to us at six do you still want a offensive guard. The odds on one of those QB dropping  to us at six are the same as us signing Cousins not very good. Am I a pessimist, you bet I am when it comes to the Jets. Look at some of our first round picks the last 10 years or so, Dee Milliner, Pryor, Couples, Lee. I don't even want to get into second round picks they are just as bad. Mac has a monumental job this offseason getting the Jets a QB. I am sick and tired of being 5-11 ever year.

Macc might only like 1 or 2 of the QBs in the draft at 6. If both are gone by our pick, than by all means you don’t just draftva QB to draft a QB. He has to think the value is there.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Bruh were just discussing what direction we would go in the event that we nab Cousins, if we don't land him we go QB at 6 or move up for one.

8 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Bruh were just discussing what direction we would go in the event that we nab Cousins, if we don't land him we go QB at 6 or move up for one.

Honestly that’s just a guess you’re making. Read my above post. If Macc doesn’t see the value in a guy, he won’t take him. He’s also tried trading up before and has balked at the price tag. So no if we miss out on Cousins, it’s not 100% we draft a QB at 6 or trade up for one.

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly that’s just a guess you’re making. Read my above post. If Macc doesn’t see the value in a guy, he won’t take him. He’s also tried trading up before and has balked at the price tag. So no if we miss out on Cousins, it’s not 100% we draft a QB at 6 or trade up for one.

All kidding aside no in in the world I would want Mac job this year, I just wish him luck we are going to need it.

Just because Maccagnan isn't high on RB doesn't mean he made mistakes by passing over Cook, Kamara and whoever.

As for 6th overall pick, it is hard to figure out as Cousins certainly isn't going to take Jimmy G's contract with either Browns or Jets. The defensive side may be very common for Jets when it comes to value. That means Minkah Fitzpatrick could edge over Quenton Nelson and Saquon Barkley if all were available at 6th. Bradley Chubb's availability would make it easier for Jets.

If Jets failed to get qb via trade or FA then Jets would make a trade for either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen. No doubt about that.

After that, Josh Rosen may be the worst availability in any situations Jets would get, which is still a solid option.

Unless Jets get the nail on the head in qb, Jets will need more prospects to shoot up in the draftboard for a better bargain. Outside DT, please.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Just because Maccagnan isn't high on RB doesn't mean he made mistakes by passing over Cook, Kamara and whoever.

As for 6th overall pick, it is hard to figure out as Cousins certainly isn't going to take Jimmy G's contract with either Browns or Jets. The defensive side may be very common for Jets when it comes to value. That means Minkah Fitzpatrick could edge over Quenton Nelson and Saquon Barkley if all were available at 6th. Bradley Chubb's availability would make it easier for Jets.

If Jets failed to get qb via trade or FA then Jets would make a trade for either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen. No doubt about that.

After that, Josh Rosen may be the worst availability in any situations Jets would get, which is still a solid option.

Unless Jets get the nail on the head in qb, Jets will need more prospects to shoot up in the draftboard for a better bargain. Outside DT, please.

The problem is, is he is high on guys but is too much of a pansy to go up and get his guy. We should have traded up for Wentz 2 drafts ago like we wanted to do. We should have outbid Philly once they put in an offer. There’s no way Voevland didn’t call Macc back after Phillys offer to ask if he could outbid. They did and Macc said no. We like  a Kamara last draft apparently a lot, yet didn’t pull the trigger to go up and get him. The idea of valuing picks so much is garbage. Maccs has what 20 draft picks or so? And what do we have like 5 decent players out if those? He’s valuing the number of picks rather than the value of the guy he’s potentially trading up fors talent.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If Mac doesn't get Cousins and he doesn't snag a QB in the 1st, he might not make it to the regular season.

Archived