2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

9 hours ago, Dr.O said:

If I could do my board now  it would be Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Browning, Jackson

I agree with this. I'm still keeping my eye on Faulk and Rudolph .People are really loving what they've seen from Jackson this offseason. Someone recently posted clips of him scanning the field while in the pocket last season. He might be the Wildcard of this draft if he can show his pocket/passing skills this year. 

2 hours ago, GreenShore said:

I like what I saw from him last year, I'm excited to see how he does in 2017.

Me too. I didn't know he was a redshirt. So I never brought him up. Toughest QB in this draft imo. He took a lot of shots and has a great attitude.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Me too. I didn't know he was a redshirt. So I never brought him up. Toughest QB in this draft imo. He took a lot of shots and has a great attitude.

The game against Miami was ridiculous. He was beaten down like a dog in the street the entire game and figured out how to put them in a position to ultimately win the game.

1 hour ago, GreenShore said:

The game against Miami was ridiculous. He was beaten down like a dog in the street the entire game and figured out how to put them in a position to ultimately win the game.

Exactly. Those are the things I look for in a QB. To be able to take hits and still throw with confidence. I've seen him make NFL throws. 

Based off last year's play, Darnold is the only QB I draft number one. That can change, because guys like Rosen, Allen, White, Falk and Rudolph all have good size and depending on how they do throughout the season and post season could move up. . The smaller guys I wouldn't consider for the top pick. 

Getting back to the op, I don't have a favorite team but I do have a favorite player in Baker Mayfield. I think he might lead Oklahoma to the top 4, and definitely to a top ten. I can't predict his NFL future, will he be like another favorite of mine , Aaron Murray or Russell Wilson. In any case I think he can get drafted anywhere between rounds 2-5..

Speaking of Wilson, I also really like Wisconsin but I think the Big ten is loaded. Side note last year Mayfield broke Wilson's NCAA passer efficiency rating, for what it's worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday we get to see Ok St's Rudolph against a decent Tulsa team. Also Ohio State in a mismatch. Ohio St will probably have about ten guys drafted but I don't think their QB Barrett will be one of them unless someone takes a chance on him late day 3.

We get to see Francios against Bama. If he light it up this year (need a better oline), he'll probably come out early. Here are all the names I've heard so far.

No order:

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

Sam Darnold

DeAnre Francios

Luke Faulk

Mason Rudolph

Lamar Jackson

Jarret Stidham

Bake Mayfield

Trace McSorley

Not everyone will come out or have top notch seasons, but this is a pretty good list going into next season. Like I mentioned, we still don't know who will break out as first-time starters. It's going to be interesting this year.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

We get to see Francios against Bama. If he light it up this year (need a better oline), he'll probably come out early. Here are all the names I've heard so far.

No order:

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

Sam Darnold

DeAnre Francios

Luke Faulk

Mason Rudolph

Lamar Jackson

Jarret Stidham

Bake Mayfield

Trace McSorley

Not everyone will come out or have top notch seasons, but this is a pretty good list going into next season. Like I mentioned, we still don't know who will break out as first-time starters. It's going to be interesting this year.

Jake Browning

Archived