2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

Mike White of Western Kentucky might be a guy to watch. He's 6'4"- 6'5" and I believe plays in a pro style offense. Last year he threw for 4300 yards, 37 TDs to 7 Ints with a 67% completion rate. His team was 11-3. He was terrible statistically against Alabama but that might be more that the team was simply overmatched (I didn't see the game but WKU had only 23 yards rushing)

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josen Rosen, if we go through this season and dont end up with any one of these three (assuming this is the big three after this season) we failed miserably in more ways than one. All the rest should not be in the same conversation. We need to build a complete offense. Young QB, young bell-cow RB, and an offensive line that wont get this young boy effing crushed 2 seconds after the snap. Overpay for 2 offensive lineman and draft well (for the love of god please) and maybe well go from2-14 to 8-8 or better in 2018. The sad thing is I would die for even the Rex Ryan model of dominate D and a smashmouth offense again. 

46 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josen Rosen, if we go through this season and dont end up with any one of these three (assuming this is the big three after this season) we failed miserably in more ways than one. All the rest should not be in the same conversation. We need to build a complete offense. Young QB, young bell-cow RB, and an offensive line that wont get this young boy effing crushed 2 seconds after the snap. Overpay for 2 offensive lineman and draft well (for the love of god please) and maybe well go from2-14 to 8-8 or better in 2018. The sad thing is I would die for even the Rex Ryan model of dominate D and a smashmouth offense again. 

We should build a team similar to the 09/10 teams, spend on OL and Defense in free agency then draft the Franchise guy and some weapons.

obviously we can't fix the offense in 1 season but we should start by building the OL and Run game for our young QB to lean on

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If we aren't drafting #1 we need to be trading up to #1 to get a QB.

Only problem with that is it's going to cost a first next year to move up what at worst three picks? Jets even after spending a billion dollars this offseason would still have a rookie QB at the helm and will probably be sending over a nice pick.

Say we go out and sign

Isaiah Crowell, Alshon Jeffrey, Nate Solder, Ziggy Ansash and Trumaine Johnson [We have a ton of cap space and will be looking to splurge, yes I know this is unrealistic, just painting a picture here] this team will still have a ton of holes on this team and a suspect offensive line for a developing QB.

This draft we need to find our QB and the rest of the draft needs to be dedicated to getting him pieces to grow with. This entire draft needs to be dedicated to the offensive side of the ball, which we know will never happen.

Archived