2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

51 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I just found out that Mayfield's adjusted completion percentage was 83.5% O.o  Insane.

I do think that he's rather accurate. But he is playing in a spread offense and against Big 12 defenses you have to keep in mind. For a guide for that. Rudolph was only 3% behind Mayfield in competition percentage for his career (not sure about their adjusted %). Just something to think about. Bc he wont be going against cupcake defenses in the NFL and wont be playing a spread. So those stats don't exactly transfer over with ease.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I do think that he's rather accurate. But he is playing in a spread offense and against Big 12 defenses you have to keep in mind. For a guide for that. Rudolph was only 3% behind Mayfield in competition percentage for his career (not sure about their adjusted %). Just something to think about. Bc he wont be going against cupcake defenses in the NFL and wont be playing a spread. So those stats don't exactly transfer over with ease.

This seems like an argument that people use against Baker, but about 80% of college QB's play in spread, and most play against crap D's, but they don't put up Bakers numbers.

Rueber Foster got in trouble.  Is Donta Hightower only defensive player without having rap sheet?  I know I may be exaggerating but it is really hard to count on Crimson Tides players.   1st round hopeful prospects are Rashaan Evans, Minhak Fitzpatrick and Da'Ron Payne.

17 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

This seems like an argument that people use against Baker, but about 80% of college QB's play in spread, and most play against crap D's, but they don't put up Bakers numbers.

There’s a big difference between Big 12 spread and the rest of the nations. Washington state is the only other team that really plays that style. And that’s bc Leach is a Texas Tech Guy.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Rueber Foster got in trouble.  Is Donta Hightower only defensive player without having rap sheet?  I know I may be exaggerating but it is really hard to count on Crimson Tides players.   1st round hopeful prospects are Rashaan Evans, Minhak Fitzpatrick and Da'Ron Payne.

Foster had his red flags. That’s why he got drafted late. So this isn’t surprising.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Go found another college QB who had an adjusted completed percentage over 80% man.  Almost impossible to find.  The majority of teams play in the spread too.  Just like Mason Rudolph. 

51 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Go found another college QB who had an adjusted completed percentage over 80% man.  Almost impossible to find.  The majority of teams play in the spread too.  Just like Mason Rudolph. 

I honestly can careless about his adjusted competition percentage. I really can careless about his regular competition percentage actually. And that's mainly bc of the OU offense. What I will watch with him is how he does when a WR, TE or RB are covered and how his competition percentage is. If you have all the stats on him... what's his stats on receivers that are actually covered? Bc his receivers in the NFL will be covered... not wide open like they were the majority of the time at OU. He very well might have a good completion percentage when his receivers are covered. But I'm not buying the whole he's the most accurate QB argument just bc his adjusted completion percentage is the highest. The doesn't tell the whole story. I believe some one had a stat that showed Jackson had a crazy adjusted completion percentage as well. Which doesn't tell the whole story just like Mayfield.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I honestly can careless about his adjusted competition percentage. I really can careless about his regular competition percentage actually. And that's mainly bc of the OU offense. What I will watch with him is how he does when a WR, TE or RB are covered and how his competition percentage is. If you have all the stats on him... what's his stats on receivers that are actually covered? Bc his receivers in the NFL will be covered... not wide open like they were the majority of the time at OU. He very well might have a good completion percentage when his receivers are covered. But I'm not buying the whole he's the most accurate QB argument just bc his adjusted completion percentage is the highest. The doesn't tell the whole story. I believe some one had a stat that showed Jackson had a crazy adjusted completion percentage as well. Which doesn't tell the whole story just like Mayfield.

You're missing the point my man.  Most offenses in college don't require QB's to throw through tight windows.  Nobody had a higher adjusted completion percentage in the country, so Baker was more accurate than over 100 D1 college QB's this year.  That's a good sign.  Obviously he'll need to throw through tight windows at the next level, but the great ones find the open guy and put it on the numbers.  Guys like Hack consistently miss them.  I'd put the odds of him being accurate at the next level at being extremely high.  If so, worst case scenario, the guy's a game manager.

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

You're missing the point my man.  Most offenses in college don't require QB's to throw through tight windows.  Nobody had a higher adjusted completion percentage in the country, so Baker was more accurate than over 100 D1 college QB's this year.  That's a good sign.  Obviously he'll need to throw through tight windows at the next level, but the great ones find the open guy and put it on the numbers.  Guys like Hack consistently miss them.  I'd put the odds of him being accurate at the next level at being extremely high.  If so, worst case scenario, the guy's a game manager.

Like I’ve stated many times. I’m not saying he’s not an accurate QB. I just think that stat is very vague and doesn’t actually tell the whole story. Especially in the Big 12.

Hey guys, just wondering what defenses Carson Wentz played against in college? 

Truth is, watch the film and see who makes their progressions.  Mayfield often threw to his 2nd or 3rd progression and at a high completion percentage. i think people are being overly critical regarding Mayfields offense or the defenses he faced. 

only issue is he reminds me a lot of Sam Bradford wheb he came out... is that good or bad??

Just now, KodiakThunder said:

Hey guys, just wondering what defenses Carson Wentz played against in college? 

Truth is, watch the film and see who makes their progressions.  Mayfield often threw to his 2nd or 3rd progression and at a high completion percentage. i think people are being overly critical regarding Mayfields offense or the defenses he faced. 

only issue is he reminds me a lot of Sam Bradford wheb he came out... is that good or bad??

Sam Bradford is a really interesting comp.  Just curious, why?

Duke Ejiofor may be physically ready by training camp.  Umm... Should Jets spend 3rd round pick on him or wait for better value, eh?

Although they are outside Maccagnan's scouting area, BYU Fred Warner may be ideal for either coverage duty or 3 down LB and Toledo's edge Olasunkanmi (Ola) Adeniyi looks intriguing.  I believe both will be at the combine.

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Duke Ejiofor may be physically ready by training camp.  Umm... Should Jets spend 3rd round pick on him or wait for better value, eh?

Although they are outside Maccagnan's scouting area, BYU Fred Warner may be ideal for either coverage duty or 3 down LB and Toledo's edge Olasunkanmi (Ola) Adeniyi looks intriguing.  I believe both will be at the combine.

I've been mocking him or the OU pass rusher to us in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'm a really big fan of both.

Archived