Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

My Mock Draft

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2. New York Giants - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

---TRADE---

4. Denver Broncos from Cleveland Browns through Houston Texans - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
5. Cleveland Browns from Denver Broncos - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets - Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

---TRADE---

7. Buffalo Bills from Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

8. Chicago Bears - Denzel Ward, CB, tOSU
9. San Francisco 49ers - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
10. Oakland Raiders - Vita Vea, DT, Washington
11. Miami Dolphins - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers from Buffalo Bills through Cincinnati Bengals - Derwin James, S, FSU

We miss out on the "top three" but we get a chance to move back. Buffalo keeps their other first but we get 2.21 and 4.21.

James isn't my first choice. But we seemed to pay extra attention to him at his pro day. He fills a big need on the back end (that we haven't filled through FA) and he brings an attitude we need.

2.6 Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida

After building up the defensive line in FA, we work to build up the secondary in the draft. Hughes has good ball skills, but he's "small" for a CB and his 40 time was disappointing. He's pretty much VHIII.

2.21 Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU

He dominated everything about the senior bowl. We showed a lot of interest then, before he had a good combine. He's a three down back and the kind of guy Koetter can consistently give 20 carries.

---TRADE---

We trade 4.2 and 6.6 to move up to 3.20ish.

3.20ish Frank Ragnow, G, Arkansas

Sweezy gotsta go. And we can now make that happen. 

4.21 Hercules Mata'afa, DE, Washington State

A (very good) DT who's gonna have to move to EDGE in the pros. He's a little undersized but he's strong and brings versatility.

5.7 Mark Walton, RB, Miami

We seemed really interested in him. That 40 time hurts but he could be our new Sims; a guy to run the toss.

---TRADE---

We trade 6.28 and 7.37 to move up as far as we can in the sixth. Licht said last year we only roll into the draft with about 100 guys we deem draftable. We move up to take that last guy.

6.?? Casey Tucker, OT, Stanford

A guy to develop and compete with Benenoch to eventually replace Dotson.

Whatcha think?

I like it. I mean I would still roll the dice on Davenport at 12 but I’ll be fine with James. 

Hughes falling to us in the second might be a pipe dream. I think he can go round 1. Like him though. 

Penny is a guy I like. I’m assumimg nick Chubb is off the board at 2.21. Penny shows explosion and burst and just a beast. 

I like Ragnow as well but I’d be ok with a guy like alex Cappa and move him inside. 

Good job. 

11 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Hughes falling to us in the second might be a pipe dream. I think he can go round 1. Like him though. 

I've seen the CBs ranked all over the place in this class. Ward and Jackson are first rounders, no doubt. I've seen Oliver as a first rounder. Alexander too. Carlton Davis is a guy I've seen late first, early second. He seems to be the forgotten guy. Donte Jackson's 4.32 has bumped him up boards, I'm sure. So that's seven, including Hughes.

Hughes could very well be the third CB off the board. Or he could be the odd man out, due to size or speed. Honestly, I don't know. But I figure the bigger/faster guys will go first. Which is literally all six of the guys I mentioned.

25 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I like it. I mean I would still roll the dice on Davenport at 12 but I’ll be fine with James. 

I think I'm still on the Davenport train too. And I've gotta imagine he'll be an option no matter where we pick.

28 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Penny is a guy I like. I’m assumimg nick Chubb is off the board at 2.21. Penny shows explosion and burst and just a beast. 

It's kinda tough to figure out which RB goes where in this draft. Barkley is the only guarantee. I think guys like Guice and Michel can sneak into the first too.

Then you've got Johnson, Chubb, Penny, Jones, and maybe even Ballage who could go in the second. But I think it's unlikely eight RBs go in the first 64 picks.

It's gonna depend on preference.

49 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I like Ragnow as well but I’d be ok with a guy like alex Cappa and move him inside. 

As far as interior olinemen go, there are probably half a dozen (or so) guys I'd be fine with taking. Cappa could be another Marpet. I just like Ragnow; at least as a third round prospect. He sounds mean, like Jensen. And he went like 30 games without giving up a sack.

If it wasn't for his ankle surgery keeping him out of off-season workouts, he might be a second round pick.

Good draft. Think Penny is a round 3 prospect and would rather go Ronald Jones instead. 

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Good draft. Think Penny is a round 3 prospect and would rather go Ronald Jones instead. 

I dunno. Penny has good size (5'11" 220lbs), he's got surprising speed (4.46), and he catches the ball really well. He dominated the senior bowl. And he led the nation in rushing last year. He seems to check every box.

SInce I think the chances of us trading down have increased I think corner is s possibility in the first 3 picks. 

Let’s hope a qb falls to us so buffalo, Arizona, and Miami fight for it. 

I did a lot of evaluation last night on 5 corners: Hughes, Alexander, ward, Jackson, and Oliver. 

I like Alexander the most. He players like Marcus peters without the baggage. His injuries could drop him to us in round two. 

For us to trade down, we really need the giants too not take a Qb. Darnold at 1, Rosen at 3. Then it could be mayhem but we really need Allen to be there at 7 to get a trade down. 

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's kinda tough to figure out which RB goes where in this draft. Barkley is the only guarantee. I think guys like Guice and Michel can sneak into the first too.

Then you've got Johnson, Chubb, Penny, Jones, and maybe even Ballage who could go in the second. But I think it's unlikely eight RBs go in the first 64 picks.

It's gonna depend on preference.

Really solid draft. Johnson is the back I'd want but you wouldn't have to bend my elbow too much to come around on some of the others.

Posted (edited)

Love it, man! 

Funny thing is that I was making a Mock Draft and I have us trading back with the Bills and getting James. (Great mind think alike) :D

Edited by xlfrosti

No issues with it. Would do wonders to improve our secondary which i think still needs the most help of any area...

Definitely think Hughes could fall to our 2nd. He's got some off-field issues and is a little undersized. He reminds me of Janoris Jenkins, who had same things coming out. Guy who was a top ten talent, but slipped to the early 2nd...

22 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno. Penny has good size (5'11" 220lbs), he's got surprising speed (4.46), and he catches the ball really well. He dominated the senior bowl. And he led the nation in rushing last year. He seems to check every box.

love Penny. I think he is really underrated and he’s my favorite back in the class. Yes even ahead of Barkley. I think Penny reminds me a lot like Devontae Freeman and will probably be a steal in the 3rd like Freeman was.

Also I really like Hercules Mata’afa. Play him all over the line. I just don’t know if he would crack the roster with all the new additions to the DL.