Sign in to follow this  
kgarrett12486

KG's Mock Off-season #2

My 2nd installment here. I'll preface this by saying I think we're just about done in FA. I don't foresee us making any more impact moves, maybe just some depth signings here and there, but I'm not going to project those. Also, on the depth chart I only did the guys I think will likely be on the roster, not the whole 53...

2018 Draft:

*Bills trade 2018 1st (#12), 2018 1st (#22) and 2018 4th (#121) to Bucs for 2018 1st (#7) and 2019 3rd round pick.

#12-FS Minkah Fitzpatrick (6’1 / 204) – Alabama

-The way the 1st part of the draft shakes out, we miss out on Nelson, Chubb and Barkley. The Bills coming knocking as they’re watching the run on QB’s unfold and want to get in. We’re able to move back. I think Derwin James will go a pick or two before this spot, but we’re able to land Fitzpatrick. He gives us an interchangeable chess piece for our secondary. A guy who can cover the slot, play outside CB if needed and play the centerfield safety role. A huge land.

#22- CB Josh Jackson (6’0 / 196) – Iowa

-Having addressed the DL in FA allows us the flexibility to ‘double dip’ early into our secondary woes. We’re able to land IMO, the best CB in the draft. He just happens to excel and comes from a zone-coverage scheme.

#38- DT Maurice Hurst (6’2 / 285) – Michigan

-The medical concerns long-term cause him to slip into the 2nd round. He’s arguably a top 15 talent in this draft. Undersized, but strong as an ox and creates constant pressure from the interior. He’ll give us flexibility w/ GMC going into 2019.

#102- OG Austin Corbett (6’4 / 305) – Nevada

-We’ve worked him out and had interest in him all off-season. He projects as a guard at the next level. Can slide him into LG spot from the get-go.

#121-RB Royce Freeman (5’11 / 231) –Oregon

-A bigger back who is capable of being a three down back at the next level. He’s not a burner, but has enough speed. He also features the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, although more of a check-down option that receiving threat.

#144-WR Dante Pettis (6’1 / 192) – Washington

-This guy takes care of two needs for us. Gives us a better option/depth with the ability to develop into a starter down the road. With DeSean’s contract up after 2018, this would put us in a good spot still having Evans, Godwin and Pettis as guys who having starting ability. He’s also one of, if not the best return men in this draft. Something we need.

#180 – RB Mark Walton (5’9 / 206) – Miami

-Another guy we seem to be intrigued by. The combine really hurt his stock, but I’m not sure he’s ever been 100% recovered since his injury this season. He’s likely not a three down RB given his stature, but he could develop into a solid rotational guy. I like the idea of drafting 2 later round RB’s and hoping to hit on at least 1.

#202-OT Brett Toth (6’5/ 295) – Army

-We’ve visited with him a couple times. A late round OT to develop.

#255-DT Josh Frazier (6’4 / 315) – Alabama

-Big space eater and gives us some more depth. He’ll challenge Stevie T for the backup NT spot.

2018 Depth Chart:

QB: Jameis Winston/ Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB: Royce Freeman/ Peyton Barber/ Mark Walton

TE: Cameron Brate/ OJ Howard

WR: Mike Evans /Bobo Wilson

WR: DeSean Jackson / Dante Pettis

SLOT: Chris Godwin / Adam Humphries

OT: Donovan Smith / Caleb Benenoch / Brett Toth

OG: Austin Corbett / JR Sweezy

C: Ryan Jensen / Joe Hawley

OG: Ali Marpet

OT: Demar Dotson / Geron Christian

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul / Noah Spence

DT: Beau Allen / Josh Frazier

DT: Gerald McCoy / Maurice Hurst Jr. / Mitch Unrein

DE: Vinny Curry / William Gholston / Will Clarke

OLB: Lavonte David / Nigel Harris / Jeff Knox

MLB: Kwon Alexander / Riley Bullough

OLB: Kendall Beckwith / Davonte Bond / Cameron Lynch

CB: Josh Jackson / Ryan Smith

CB: Brent Grimes / Javien Elliott

SLOT: Vernon Hargreaves III

FS: Minkah Fitzpatrick / Keith Tandy

SS: Justin Evans / Chris Conte

P: Bryan Anger

K: Chandler Catanzaro

37 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You had me with the first two picks.

Appreciate it! I really love what we've done in FA adding to the DL. It gives us so much more options in the draft...

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Appreciate it! I really love what we've done in FA adding to the DL. It gives us so much more options in the draft...

Definitely. We can actually go BPA. And DBs line up with that where we should be picking.

I can’t lie the talent on defense would be absolutely sick. With that said I don’t think it will cost that much for them to trade up to pick 7. If it does, great, stack the talent up EXACTLY like this. The depth after our starters is bad. Defense needs an overhaul of talent in the secondary so I approve. Hurst at 38? Man, Bucs hit the jackpot there. Would be a dominant defense next year with JPP/Curry/Fitzpatrick/Hurst additions.

54 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You had me with the first two picks.

Your Minkah tinted glasses 😍😉

really like the trade down

like going secondary secondary too

like hurst alottttttt

idk if Freeman would start over barber though

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Your Minkah tinted glasses 😍😉

AND Josh Jackson. Hnnnggggg

3 hours ago, indifference said:

I can’t lie the talent on defense would be absolutely sick. With that said I don’t think it will cost that much for them to trade up to pick 7. If it does, great, stack the talent up EXACTLY like this. The depth after our starters is bad. Defense needs an overhaul of talent in the secondary so I approve. Hurst at 38? Man, Bucs hit the jackpot there. Would be a dominant defense next year with JPP/Curry/Fitzpatrick/Hurst additions.

Yah, looking at the trade value chart, we'd likely have to give up a 2nd next year to make it closer...

Only reason i think Hurst falling to the 2nd round is even possible is because of the condition. some teams will cross him off completely, some teams may be willing to take him, but not until rounds 2-3 as it's really unknown how long he'd be able to play long-term.

He's an insane talent though...

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

really like the trade down

like going secondary secondary too

like hurst alottttttt

idk if Freeman would start over barber though

Might not being a rookie, but that's the beauty of having 3 capable guys. Competition brings out the best...

I Feel like it’s more realistic for the bills to move up to 7 from 12 with their 2nd round pick. 

A qb of their liking needs to be at 7. If they’re going to package 12 and 22 it’ll be to move up to 4/5 range. 

15 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I Feel like it’s more realistic for the bills to move up to 7 from 12 with their 2nd round pick. 

A qb of their liking needs to be at 7. If they’re going to package 12 and 22 it’ll be to move up to 4/5 range. 

Fair enough, but I think we'll have all the leverage if there is only 1 QB left on the board at our pick. Can probably get that extra 1st...