MIN G Joe Berger Retires

Broncofan

Berger was solid as a RG, and overall part of MIN's big upgrade last year.   Is their 2nd year guy Danny Isidora ready to take over?  Or do the Vikes look to move up in Rd 1 to get guy like Isiaih Wynn or Will Hernandez, or hope someone in that range falls?  One of the few holes left to fill on that loaded roster.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think more Vikings should retire.  For their health. 

Anthony Barr was trying to have this conversation with Aaron Rodgers on October 15th, 2017, but like the snap of a bone, things went south real quick.

Anyways Berger was a good player for us. I always liked him.

Isidora showed some potential but I doubt we rely on him as a starter. Our biggest issue by far is OL. I think we look at G/T in round 1 this year.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Anthony Barr was trying to have this conversation with Aaron Rodgers on October 15th, 2017, but like the snap of a bone, things went south real quick.

Lol.  I'm a realist.  Barr put the Packers into a better situation than they could possibly have hoped for.  That defense wasn't winning a Super Bowl this year, but Rodgers would have taken us to the second round of the playoffs.  All Barr really did was move the Packers from 24th-26th overall to 14th overall and got rid of a GM nobody in Green Bay liked.  So... Thanks, Anthony. 

17 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  I'm a realist.  Barr put the Packers into a better situation than they could possibly have hoped for.  That defense wasn't winning a Super Bowl this year, but Rodgers would have taken us to the second round of the playoffs.  All Barr really did was move the Packers from 24th-26th overall to 14th overall and got rid of a GM nobody in Green Bay liked.  So... Thanks, Anthony. 

A GM that nobody liked....right. Of course. You're just being a "realist".

You don't have to reply to this. I just love how narratives change from year to year.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

A GM that nobody liked....right. Of course. You're just being a "realist".

You don't have to reply to this. I just love how narratives change from year to year.

First, you clearly didn't visit the Packer forum often during Thompson's time there.  There were three or four people (myself included) who argued that he was good, but after the 2016 season when he didn't do anything to replace Shields and after the Hundley thing, those three or four people turned into 2 people who defended him.  The Thompson resigns thread was a celebration. 

Second, I really am.  The Packers pass defense was 30th.  Packers weren't winning anything this year, but Rodgers would have taken them to the playoffs, maybe he would have won a game, too.  Barr moved the Packers up in the draft by at least 10 picks.  That's a realistic outcome of Aaron's injury.

Third, my first post was clearly a good fun joke.  My response to your slightly aggressive retort was a good fun excursion into more joking around.  You're clearly upset about it, which is your own fault.  It's not possible for you to overdose on chill pills right now. 

Archived