'18 Top Pass Rush Teams & Bradley Chubb Giving Us an Identity

Mind Character

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Interesting....Ronald Jones was murdered by his 40.....but this is one of those times though where I know what the stop watch say's, but I saw him run away from NFL defenders vs Stanford and Arizona....

I didnt like the way Chubb looked against teams with NFL speed.....

Just Curious, who are your top 5 backs? (Doing Pules checks in the room this week)

Mine are:

1. Saquan Barkley (obvious choice)

2. Rashard Penny- I may like him much more than other folks

3. Sonny Michelle

4. Darrius Guice

T-5. Kerryon Johnson

T-5. Kallen Ballage

Depends. The Browns need a early down RB with their 3rd down receiving back already in place with Duke. So I would personally like to target early down backs who can run between the tackles and compliment Hyde on 1st and 2nd downs.

I personally love the prospect of getting Kerryon Johnson with the 1st pick in the 4th round if we are going for a guy who fits that mold and falls in to the 'value' range so that we can free up all 3 second rounders for harder positions to hit on late such as pass rusher, cornerback, ect.

Kerryon has some slither to his running style and is a primary between the tackles guy with make-em-miss ability. A 4th would be a perfect range for a guy like that with upside.

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Depends. The Browns need a early down RB with their 3rd down receiving back already in place with Duke. So I would personally like to target early down backs who can run between the tackles and compliment Hyde on 1st and 2nd downs.

I personally love the prospect of getting Kerryon Johnson with the 1st pick in the 4th round if we are going for a guy who fits that mold and falls in to the 'value' range so that we can free up all 3 second rounders for harder positions to hit on late such as pass rusher, cornerback, ect.

Kerryon has some slither to his running style and is a primary between the tackles guy with make-em-miss ability. A 4th would be a perfect range for a guy like that with upside.

I don't think we have the first pick in the 4th round anymore.  Didn't we swap 4th round picks with Green Bay?

The only issue I have with the Georgia runningbacks is their Oline

Man did she move people out of the way huge holes like Semi truck lanes alot of times. 

Like some of Nick Chubbs lanes are like wow your not going to get that in the league

thats what I do like about Saquon he makes little creases into alot and when hes got a big hole hes gone 

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

The only issue I have with the Georgia runningbacks is their Oline

Man did she move people out of the way huge holes like Semi truck lanes alot of times. 

Like some of Nick Chubbs lanes are like wow your not going to get that in the league

thats what I do like about Saquon he makes little creases into alot and when hes got a big hole hes gone 

Did you just assume the Georgia OL's gender? 

19 hours ago, brownie man said:

well not sure if you watched the combine but he hurt his hammy on the run you can clearly see that he injured himself which is why he only won once

I would say my 5 would be

1. Barkley

2. Guice

3. Michel 

4. Ronald Jones

5. Kerryon Johnson

Thanks for the heads up....I did not watch the combine this year, only followed the results and the news. I knew that he hurt his hamstring, but I didnt know it was during the 40......thats pretty fast to run 4.6 with a pulled hammy LOL.

34 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Thanks for the heads up....I did not watch the combine this year, only followed the results and the news. I knew that he hurt his hamstring, but I didnt know it was during the 40......thats pretty fast to run 4.6 with a pulled hammy LOL.

Right?!?!

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right?!?!

MAN! That is exactly what I thought 

18 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I read RoJo turned off a couple of teams at least with his interviews.

That and the injury messing up his Combine and Pro Day, I could see him being available at 64.

And yeah man Jones could still be there him, Chubb, or Kerryon One of those should be there

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/3/29/17176290/2018-nfl-draft-what-happened-when-bradley-chubb-faced-mike-mcglinchey 

Interesting look on Chubb vs McGlinchey. 1 sack and 3 TFL while being shifted. At times he pulled a double team from Nelson and McGlinchey. Guys I'm going to have to take Chubb at #4. Putting him on the same Dline as Garrett is going to make our front 7 in the top 5 of the league. McGlinchey if he is available in mid-late 20's is a no brainer as well. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

7 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/3/29/17176290/2018-nfl-draft-what-happened-when-bradley-chubb-faced-mike-mcglinchey 

Interesting look on Chubb vs McGlinchey. 1 sack and 3 TFL while being shifted. At times he pulled a double team from Nelson and McGlinchey. Guys I'm going to have to take Chubb at #4. Putting him on the same Dline as Garrett is going to make our front 7 in the top 5 of the league. McGlinchey if he is available in mid-late 20's is a no brainer as well. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

exactly, if you sit down and watch chubb, you can just fall in love with him.

He has an amazing motor, dude is seriously non-stop. Another aspect I like about him, is he is a a-hole on the field. Like during the Clemson game, he messed with Bryant so much to try and get in his head. Bryant ended up having one of his worse games of the season that game. 

His one-handed stab is deadly!

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

exactly, if you sit down and watch chubb, you can just fall in love with him.

He has an amazing motor, dude is seriously non-stop. Another aspect I like about him, is he is a a-hole on the field. Like during the Clemson game, he messed with Bryant so much to try and get in his head. Bryant ended up having one of his worse games of the season that game. 

His one-handed stab is deadly!

He’s literally the perfect LDE. 

• 4 weeks later...

Put me down as a guy that thinks Marcus Davenport is an exclusive 34 OLB player based on his tape... Harold Landry doesn't play with enough strength/power to be a full time starter on early downs... if we pass on Chubb or if he''s not there... i could see a scenario where Ogbah plays the typical running downs while Landry is brought into rush on 3rd down...

Archived