Who do you want?

bucsfan333

Your pick  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Saquon Barkley
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Quenton Nelson

Four QBs go in the top six. No. With the top four picks. That means one of Saquon Barkley, Bradley Chubb, or Quenton Nelson will fall to seven. We're not going to trade back now. We will stay at seven and take one.

Who do you hope falls to seven? I'm not asking who you think falls to seven in this scenario. I wanna know who you want.

Nelson top of the list.  I understand the stats about time to throw last season, but I would sure like to know how many extra blockers stayed in to pass protect.  For this offense to truly reach it s potential, 3rd and 2 they should have the choice to run or throw, not automatically go 3 wide.  They invested heavily at QB, now finish the job.  Winston has shown he can throw to 2nd and 3rd team  WRs and get the job done if there is a good pocket.  There was a rotation at LG last season, that s enough for me.

This was tough for me but I went with Barkley over Nelson. Both are elite prospects one is just the slightly bigger need. While we could easily land a RB in round 2, we could also land a good guard prospect later as well. Would not be mad with Nelson either but Barkley is a game changer at RB. Can literally score anywhere on the field. KR/PR/RB/WR he’s special. 

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Nelson top of the list.  I understand the stats about time to throw last season, but I would sure like to know how many extra blockers stayed in to pass protect.  For this offense to truly reach it s potential, 3rd and 2 they should have the choice to run or throw, not automatically go 3 wide.  They invested heavily at QB, now finish the job.  Winston has shown he can throw to 2nd and 3rd team  WRs and get the job done if there is a good pocket.  There was a rotation at LG last season, that s enough for me.

Yeah I can’t even be mad at this reasoning. Pamphile was garbage and Nelson with Jansen/Marpet would be nasty. 

I think I'd hope for Barkley, honestly.

Chubb isn't such an immediate need now. And as badass as Nelson is, I think there are quality interior linemen throughout the draft. And I think "quality" is good enough.

We're a great (or elite) RB away from a top five offense. Our biggest issue on offense the last two years has been not finishing drives with TDs. We've been top 10 in redzone trips the last two years. We scored TDs on less than 50% of those drives last year (25th in the league), and 51% in '16 (20th). We can fix that with Barkley.

Speaking of "quality" offensive lines, Doug Martin averaged 2.9 ypc the last two years. The rest of the team over that time?  580 carries for 2,239 yards (3.9 ypc). Add Jensen to this line and we've already improved. Now gimme the RB who can score from anywhere on the field. We can take a guard later.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think I'd hope for Barkley, honestly.

Chubb isn't such an immediate need now. And as badass as Nelson is, I think there are quality interior linemen throughout the draft. And I think "quality" is good enough.

We're a great (or elite) RB away from a top five offense. Our biggest issue on offense the last two years has been not finishing drives with TDs. We've been top 10 in redzone trips the last two years. We scored TDs on less than 50% of those drives last year (25th in the league), and 51% in '16 (20th). We can fix that with Barkley.

Speaking of "quality" offensive lines, Doug Martin averaged 2.9 ypc the last two years. The rest of the team over that time?  580 carries for 2,239 yards (3.9 ypc). Add Jensen to this line and we've already improved. Now gimme the RB who can score from anywhere on the field. We can take a guard later.

i believe red zone woes are a direct result of poor oline.  Koetter can scheme blocking outside the red zone to mask deficiencies.  As the field condenses, its more about execution and just beating the guy lined up across

Keeping guys to block inside the 20 allows the defense to constrict even further especially if they know the interior of the oline cant move anyone out to run the ball. I dont think it is a coincidence they have not run the ball since Mankins retired.

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

i believe red zone woes are a direct result of poor oline.  Koetter can scheme blocking outside the red zone to mask deficiencies.  As the field condenses, its more about execution and just beating the guy lined up across

Keeping guys to block inside the 20 allows the defense to constrict even further especially if they know the interior of the oline cant move anyone out to run the ball. I dont think it is a coincidence they have not run the ball since Mankins retired.

I agree. But having a RB that can run from behind/beside the QB, catch screen passes, and even line up in the slot would help a lot too. 

We've been in a mess of substitutions the last few years and defenses knew what we were doing based on who was in. Barkley can do it all. And he has the homerun speed and shiftiness in the open field to score from everywhere.

There are a lot of good RBs in this draft. But I don't think guys like Guice and Michel are on Barkley's level.

Wow, what a tough question. Honestly, I'd be giddy for any of the 3. I think they are the elite talents in this draft...

If I had a gun to my head I think I'd go with Barkley honestly. He's the best RB prospect I've seen since Gurley. Being a former Rams fan, I've seen what kind of impact that can have...

Nelson is also the best OG prospect I can remember in recent, but this bulk of this draft's OL talent in the interior, so I think they'll be good options no matter what round (1-4).

Chubb is a great prospect, but w/ the improvements we made to the DL in FA we're not handcuffed...

THIS IS SO HARD!!! ARGH!

I'll say Barkley but it's basically 

Barkley-35%

Nelson-33%

Chubb-32%

1. Barkley 

2. Chubb 

3. Nelson 

If one of those three are available take them. No hesitation. These are all pro talents. 

Im still on the Davenport train if they’re gone. DEs can take 2-3 years to develop. Both JPp and curry are on 3 year deals in prime. 

Archived