Cowboys sign WR Hurns to 2 year

textaz03

I tentatively love this.

Adding a name like Hurns to the WR Corp is a huge addition, and is ultimately the biggest FA pick up we've had in recent years excluding Hardy. 

HOWEVER, my gut tells me that Dez gets the axe because of this.  And if that happens I fail to see how this makes us better. Seeing that Hurns is unlikely to play 16 and is something less than Dez talent wise, I don't like him at all as a replacement.

But as a compliment? Much better than Twill imo

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

HOWEVER, my gut tells me that Dez gets the axe because of this.  And if that happens I fail to see how this makes us better. Seeing that Hurns is unlikely to play 16 and is something less than Dez talent wise, I don't like him at all as a replacement.

Agreed. Dez is still very much the key to everything here. Signing Hurns/Thompson, only to turn around and cut Dez, isn't improving team. 

4 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

We've been linked to a ton of receivers in the draft. Wonder if this changes anything

Dallas has a bunch of money invested in WR/TE now. Can't see WR being in the mix...unless of course there cuts forthcoming.

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dallas has a bunch of money invested in WR/TE now. Can't see WR being in the mix...unless of course there cuts forthcoming.

This draft is gonna say a lot about how much this team believes in its coaching staff. We’re hammering WR and EDGE with our visits, but I don’t think an early round pick at either position would be realistically expected to make much of a Year 1 contribution with the roster currently as is. Both would be 2019 cap-oriented picks, IMO- which isn’t necessarily a ringing endorsement of our 2018 chances.

Archived