2 Round END wave 1 FA, Mock Correction

IrishHooligan00

So the Giants who turned down the Jets (who paid a kings ransom to jump 3 spots with Indy), decide to trade back 3 spots for pittens after turning down an over payment from the Jets ?

Giants fans, hands up if you would rather 3 1sts and a 2nd to go back to 12 for a OLB who fits your scheme over a 1st, 3rd and a 5th to go back to 5 and draft a pass rusher who doesn't fit your scheme.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Beasley's better suited at LB which leaves a hole at DE. Shelby and Reed are Horrible. Take I still have hope for but he's not a true 4-3 DE

Good to know you're more knowledgeable than our coach.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/Dan-Quinn-on-moving-Vic-Beasley-to-defensive-end-full-time-Back-to-what-he-does-best/9a7676d0-79f1-4f8b-9d13-191c9946ef67

“For a stretch there, we felt the best thing for us to do would be play him in both roles – at [linebacker] and at the nickel defensive end,” Quinn said Wednesday. “We’re just going to go back to what he does best. At the time, we needed to use him in that role, but we’ll feature him as a defensive end all the time in 2018.”

PS - Brooks Reed is perfectly adequate as a backup DE (ranked as above average by PFF, 6 TFL/4 sacks playing 40% of the snaps), and Shelby might be (now two years removed from the ACL). in a pinch. Would I like to get a Clayborn replacement - yes, if the value is there, but with a mid-rounder or excellent value, not trading our two premium picks and a future 3rd.

The Falcons are highly likely to take a DT with their first pick, and here you have the potential for them to choose from 3 of the top 4. If we end up using all our draft capital on Vea that's one thing (or even Payne ironically), but we aren't doing it for Davenport.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Disagree, you have 1 TE worthy of being on the team the other 2 suck ***. Orlando brown will be a 2nd rounder, and can easily be a LT with the proper OL coach. Tavarus McFadden has major upside and is a steal in the 2nd round. His film last year is horrible, but so was Florida State as a whole, have you watched the year prior? He will end up being a dominant Corner in the NFL. 

lol it's very clear to me you haven't watched the Browns play. We have two good young receiving TE's in Njoku and DeValve. And then we just signed Daniel Fells to a nice contract to be our blocking TE. There is a 0% chance we draft a TE this year.

Orlando Brown can easily be a LT? What makes you say this? He's not a blindside protector and you'd be extremely hard-pressed to find anyone that agrees with you on that take. And I like Brown. He's still my top rated OT, but he's not a replacement for Joe Thomas, nor will we look to add another OT in this weak class. We have 4 guys entrenched in their roles right now at the OT spot. If you insist on giving us a LT, make it Brian O'Neill--a guy that has the skill set of a LT. Or do us a favor and don't give us one at all.

Tarvarus McFadden has major upside? Why? Because he's tall? He was roasted with speed all season long, he couldn't tackle anyone to save his life, he consistently got beaten on 50/50 balls, and had a terrible combine that backed up his lack of speed. You can't run like a linebacker and line up against NFL WR's.

5 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Beasley's better suited at LB which leaves a hole at DE. Shelby and Reed are Horrible. Take I still have hope for but he's not a true 4-3 DE

Just to let you know Beasley was terrible at SLB and had a bad year last year because of being moved there.  It failed so much that Quinn this offseason said he will be moved back to DE 100% full time which is his best position and where he got his massive 15.5 sack season at.  He improved quite a bit in run defense as well while playing DE.  

As for the actual pick Davenport is a awful pick for us and not a need at all as the only type of DE we might need is a SDE/DT type in the Bennett role.    Also Crawford is not a legit DT he is more of a DE as well that we can help slide to DT when need be in small doses.      So in actuality we have 1 DT on the entire roster in Grady Jarrett so we need atleast 2 Dt's in this draft and like 3 or 4 other needs in  TE, WR, and FB  with depth at LB or a upgrade at WLB.

Then you get to the actual trade itself and the value you made us pay even in a draft where theirs a premium in trading up at the very minnimum would have gotten us to the 12th pick.  More than likely that gets us in the top 10 in most drafts.     If the Falcons were going to give up our 2nd round pick this year to move up it's going to be for a NT and top 10 to 15 player in Vita Vea at 16 before the chargers.   Which our #26 + 2nd round pick = 1020 points which is actually 20 points more than the 16th pick is worth.   So there is a perfect match for that trade with just those 2 pick with us actually paying a little more value than the pick is worth to do so.    We can move up higher in any draft with giving up 2 less picks for a better player of need for us than you have us doing here.

If we are going to give up all that you had us giving up then we better get a legit monster like Quenten Nelson or Roquan Smith at positions that actually could need major upgrades at.    DE is far from needing a upgrade as we have 2 of the best young upcoming guys in the game handling those 2 positions.

18 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

i dont think u get there defensive scheme.  Beasley and Takk are better playing DE for them then LBer.   they need a Bigger DE/DT guy like Tavern Bryan from florida. 

I don't see two picks you made.

1. Matty P is from the BB tree. There is no way the Lions trade up for a running back.

2. You have the a trade at the bottom of the draft and have many others.  There is no way the Pats would not make a trade for their 1st based on what other teams are giving up.

18 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Disagree, you have 1 TE worthy of being on the team the other 2 suck ***. Orlando brown will be a 2nd rounder, and can easily be a LT with the proper OL coach. Tavarus McFadden has major upside and is a steal in the 2nd round. His film last year is horrible, but so was Florida State as a whole, have you watched the year prior? He will end up being a dominant Corner in the NFL. 

You don't know what you're talking about at all. I don't even know where to start. All three of the tight ends on the Browns are good enough to roll with all year. Fells is great at what we got him for. Even our tight end number 3 is pretty decent and worth a shot though could be replaced if we got someone better. We are talking about TE3, though. Mark Andrews In this tight end class may be there in the fourth round after his meh combine. Your trade down with the Giants is awful and will never happen (because you're an Eagles homer. Just stop.). It's stupid and the value is not even close. Toss in next year's first to make it fair. I don't mean to sound like an *** about it, but you kind of sound like one arguing with people like the Giants & Browns poster above. That trade is dumb and those picks won't happen.

Also, everything that was said about the Browns second round is accurate. McFadden may practically go undrafted. Orlando Brown may fall as far as the fourth or fifth round, and I like him. I just...I don't even know what else to offer. It's a lost cause in my opinion. You say this is your final draft, but it seems like you should go back to the drawing board. Mike Hughes, James Daniels and Leighton Vander Esch are arguably first rounders but not even in your top 64. There are many other head-scratching elements in the draft as well.

Is this just a big troll attempt on the New York Giants by the terrible trade to start off your draft and ruin it? I noticed you make an impossible trade to the Eagles so they can have two picks in the second round because all of a sudden Mychal Kendricks has a bunch of trade value...

Post this crap in the Eagles forum. Thank you and have a good day! ??

I like the idea of us picking up more picks. I would love if we could trade back and have Derwin fall into our laps, but Ward is a great consolation prize. Michel is a perfect pick in the second. Here’s where the “but” comes in. 3rd pick is atrocious. We have zero need for a high end WR. We have 3 guys that would start on most teams. Evans, Jackson, and Godwin are all outstanding. Adam Humphries is also very solid. If we take a wr at all it would be to take a flyer on a speed guy who can return kicks on day 3. We need BPA DB or someone for the trenches on either side here. I also wouldn’t be sad if we doubled down on RBs in the 2nd.

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i dont think u get there defensive scheme.  Beasley and Takk are better playing DE for them then LBer.   they need a Bigger DE/DT guy like Tavern Bryan from florida. 

You are correct sir and our SLB is usually covering bigger TE's and thats Devondre Campbell who honestly is one of the best coverage LB's in the nfl and he can actually blitz ok as well when called upon surprisingly.   Beasley couldn't cover very well at all and it took him away from pass rushing way to much back there so it went away from his strengths.

If anything and we are looking at OLB it would be for a WLB to pair with Debo and Campbell and upgrade Duke Riley who struggled last year a good bit.   So if we are giving up that kind of draft capital then we might as well use it to get a beast WLB prospect like Roquan Smith to complete our LB core.    Still not the wisest move but a much better move than taking Davenport for sure.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:30 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

Wow...and you became the expert when exactly? We actually have 4 TEs on the team...and even if you think only one of them is good enough, you don't spent the top 2nd round pick on a backup TE. Isaiah Oliver would be a much better pick, and would also allow you to change the ridiculous McFadden pick.

Archived