2 Round END wave 1 FA, Mock Correction

IrishHooligan00

On 3/23/2018 at 2:46 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

I feel trades will cost a little higher due to soo little high value players. Theres only maybe 1 or two for each position who are a+ grade and then the rest are all about a B- IMO. 

Jets traded 3 2nds for 3 spots and that was 2 months prior. If broncos wants the #2 and to outbid AZ and BUF they'll prob have to give up way more. Things get more expensive in draft day.  Your trade value is about 1/4 of what it needs to be. 

On 3/24/2018 at 7:07 AM, Danish49ers said:

Please elaborate on why the 49ers would pick a safety and a RB with their first couple of picks when they clearly have issues at CB, OG, LB and Edge?

Because we need a safety as well. You can’t count on Jimmy Ward and Poptart is average at best. James would be a great pick at 9

On 3/23/2018 at 8:36 PM, BleedTheClock said:

lol it's very clear to me you haven't watched the Browns play. We have two good young receiving TE's in Njoku and DeValve. And then we just signed Daniel Fells to a nice contract to be our blocking TE. There is a 0% chance we draft a TE this year.

Orlando Brown can easily be a LT? What makes you say this? He's not a blindside protector and you'd be extremely hard-pressed to find anyone that agrees with you on that take. And I like Brown. He's still my top rated OT, but he's not a replacement for Joe Thomas, nor will we look to add another OT in this weak class. We have 4 guys entrenched in their roles right now at the OT spot. If you insist on giving us a LT, make it Brian O'Neill--a guy that has the skill set of a LT. Or do us a favor and don't give us one at all.

Tarvarus McFadden has major upside? Why? Because he's tall? He was roasted with speed all season long, he couldn't tackle anyone to save his life, he consistently got beaten on 50/50 balls, and had a terrible combine that backed up his lack of speed. You can't run like a linebacker and line up against NFL WR's.

Sorry but Devalve does not impress me what so ever, Same with Fells, Fells is a nice #3 TE, however neither TE isn't going to help the franchise turn around. 

as Far as Brown, Its 50/50. Most do say he is primed for RT, However some feel with the right Coaching Staff He can Be a LT.

BOTTOM LINE

Tackle with rare size and length whose massive frame can work for him in pass protection and against him in the run game. Brown will be tough for some evaluators to back because his footwork isn't always pretty and his athletic ability is below average, but he typically gets guys blocked and he clearly understands how to use his size and length to his advantage. Brown's physical traits and nasty demeanor give him a chance to become a good starting tackle on either left or right side.

-Lance Zierlein

Again, on McFadden Have you watched his game film from a year prior.  As Well yes i understand the speed issue, However there are plenty of CBS who are physical non speed  cover corners. HE's the perfect type of player to match up against a A.J. Green or Antonio Brown in the Endzone,.

BOTTOM LINE

Press corner with long arms and disruptive qualities but lacking in foot quickness and makeup speed. McFadden put together a highlight reel of impressive interceptions with NFL-caliber ball skills, but his ball production dropped sharply this year. McFadden has cover talent and makes life miserable for receivers when he's contesting catches, but inconsistencies in coverage and as a tackler have hurt his team. He has starting level talent as a bump-and-run corner but may need help over the top. -Lance Zierlein

On 3/23/2018 at 7:22 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

So the Giants who turned down the Jets (who paid a kings ransom to jump 3 spots with Indy), decide to trade back 3 spots for pittens after turning down an over payment from the Jets ?

Giants fans, hands up if you would rather 3 1sts and a 2nd to go back to 12 for a OLB who fits your scheme over a 1st, 3rd and a 5th to go back to 5 and draft a pass rusher who doesn't fit your scheme.

Again, They trade down to #5 knowing the top 4 will take 3 QBS and RB Barkley and they still get their pick of Chubb or Nelson. If the Giants are smart which i feel they will be they will not trade below #5. Makes no sense to pull a browns move like that and go to #12, Full well knowing all the top players will be gone by then. Chubb, Smith, Edmunds, Nelson, Barkley, all top 4 QBS, S Minkah. Your trading down for Quanity instead of getting a top notch Quality player. 

Also how does Chubb not fit the scheme. That makes no Sense, Literally Everyone out there says he is the perfect fit for the new Scheme the giants will have. 

On 3/23/2018 at 7:50 PM, DrawABlank said:

Good to know you're more knowledgeable than our coach.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/Dan-Quinn-on-moving-Vic-Beasley-to-defensive-end-full-time-Back-to-what-he-does-best/9a7676d0-79f1-4f8b-9d13-191c9946ef67

“For a stretch there, we felt the best thing for us to do would be play him in both roles – at [linebacker] and at the nickel defensive end,” Quinn said Wednesday. “We’re just going to go back to what he does best. At the time, we needed to use him in that role, but we’ll feature him as a defensive end all the time in 2018.”

PS - Brooks Reed is perfectly adequate as a backup DE (ranked as above average by PFF, 6 TFL/4 sacks playing 40% of the snaps), and Shelby might be (now two years removed from the ACL). in a pinch. Would I like to get a Clayborn replacement - yes, if the value is there, but with a mid-rounder or excellent value, not trading our two premium picks and a future 3rd.

The Falcons are highly likely to take a DT with their first pick, and here you have the potential for them to choose from 3 of the top 4. If we end up using all our draft capital on Vea that's one thing (or even Payne ironically), but we aren't doing it for Davenport.

IMO i think Beasley is a better LB, non Coverage but pure pass rusher, I understand the DT opening, and can agree i may have gotten that one wrong. Just IMO a player of davenports caliber could greatly help that D-Line. 

On 3/24/2018 at 8:07 AM, Danish49ers said:

Please elaborate on why the 49ers would pick a safety and a RB with their first couple of picks when they clearly have issues at CB, OG, LB and Edge?

Are you trusting Tartt to start, Because IMO he's a #3 S not a starter. and at RB 49ers have McKinnon and Joe Williams, McKinnon isn't a #1 RB and Neither is Williams, They're both just complimentary Backs and even together won't garner enough of a run game. Now one thing McKinnon does have for him is a low # of Carries in His Career. 

On 3/24/2018 at 1:39 PM, m haynes said:

I don't see two picks you made.

1. Matty P is from the BB tree. There is no way the Lions trade up for a running back.

2. You have the a trade at the bottom of the draft and have many others.  There is no way the Pats would not make a trade for their 1st based on what other teams are giving up.

Lions NEED a RB, Stafford can't do everything in DET all the damn time. 

I see a highly Likely Scenario where NE does trade down, just didn't incorporate it into this mock. 

20 hours ago, jimbo1904 said:

Jets traded 3 2nds for 3 spots and that was 2 months prior. If broncos wants the #2 and to outbid AZ and BUF they'll prob have to give up way more. Things get more expensive in draft day.  Your trade value is about 1/4 of what it needs to be. 

Not if the giants are smart and looking to stay in the top 5. 

20 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Doubt the Pats go DL in the first after trading for Shelter and signing Clayborn.

But crazier things have happened. CB us still a need as Mcourt is only on a 1 year cheap deal.

I have NE going DL, because even though they have signed players and traded, IMO they need drastic help. Look at the SB, they had 0 Pass Rush. or even DE who could stop the Run. He's a DL who can play all across the line, which Bill Loves versatility in his players. i also do agree Corner is a need but not a primary Need. 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Again, They trade down to #5 knowing the top 4 will take 3 QBS and RB Barkley and they still get their pick of Chubb or Nelson. If the Giants are smart which i feel they will be they will not trade below #5. Makes no sense to pull a browns move like that and go to #12, Full well knowing all the top players will be gone by then. Chubb, Smith, Edmunds, Nelson, Barkley, all top 4 QBS, S Minkah. Your trading down for Quanity instead of getting a top notch Quality player. 

Also how does Chubb not fit the scheme. That makes no Sense, Literally Everyone out there says he is the perfect fit for the new Scheme the giants will have. 

Problem is teams don't know who or what position will go in top 4. Cleveland is said to be all over Bradley Chubb as well. Denver might stay put for Quentin Nelson ? And Chubb profiles as a 4/3 DE not a 3/4 OLB but I'm just an arm chair scout like everyone else 

For Cleveland - Great 1st round... 2nd round can be a lot better. 

#33 and #35 - Draft either Oliver, Hill, Hughes, Davis at CB and then Kirk or Moore at WR. 

Reasoning? We don't need a TE. I know you seem to think we do BUT Njoku is a receiving threat, we just signed one via FA, AND the other one is a good blocking TE. At #33 TE just isn't a huge need when we could use the pick to strengthen CB or WR. I honestly never want to see any of the idiots that were starting at WR when Coleman and Gordon were out ever again. They were terrible. 

and

I really see no different in a OT taken in the 2nd round this draft from an OT taken in the 4th/5th round. The talent isn't there. Again especially with a draft deep in decent CBs and WRs. 

#64 - This is a luxury pick here. It could be used for trade bait to move up at #33 or kept to draft whomever falls to the 3rd. BPA here. That is not McFadden btw. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Sorry but Devalve does not impress me what so ever, Same with Fells, Fells is a nice #3 TE, however neither TE isn't going to help the franchise turn around. 

??? Do people depend on their 2nd and 3rd string TE's to turn their franchise around? This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. And what about DeValve doesn't impress you? He's better than 85% of #2 TE's in the NFL. Your Mark Andrews pick was terrible and we'd have a lot more respect for you if you stopped trying to justify your turd pick and just changed it to something that has more than a 0% chance of happening.

as Far as Brown, Its 50/50. Most do say he is primed for RT, However some feel with the right Coaching Staff He can Be a LT.

I can buy Orlando Brown becoming a good player, but he's not a pass blocker. A lot of Oklahoma's pass blocking concepts have him blocking down and someone else acting as the edge protector on the blind side. He's a RT all the way in my opinion and has a very slim chance to be a LT long-term. And how will a coaching staff change the fact that he's too slow to pass set against crazy fast weak side NFL defenders? Brian O'Neill is a dude that would benefit from great coaching because his technique needs to improve. Orlando Brown needs his speed to improve, not his technique. He's going to be blown by quite often in the NFL if you ask him to play LT against the elite speed rushers. This pick is too risky for the Browns to make.

Again, on McFadden Have you watched his game film from a year prior.  As Well yes i understand the speed issue, However there are plenty of CBS who are physical non speed  cover corners. HE's the perfect type of player to match up against a A.J. Green or Antonio Brown in the Endzone,.

Why do I have to watch his game film from a year ago? The most recent tape shows him getting destroyed by speed, missing tackles, and struggling to high point the ball against smaller WR's. Being big doesn't mean he can cover AJ Green or Antonio Brown. He can't high point over 5'10 WR's in college, but he's going to shut down two of the best WR's in the NFL? I don't think you've watched him play if you think he's a perfect red zone corner because he gets outmuscled for the football constantly. That was my biggest complaint about McFadden BEFORE his disaster of a combine. I understand there are non-speed cover corners as you mentioned, but there are no corners with anchors attached to their legs like McFadden has. Name a starting CB in the NFL that ran slower than McFadden. *spoiler alert*--There aren't any. There's a difference between not being fast and being embarrassingly slow. And I'm willing to bet you just looked at McFadden's size and decided that he was physical. He doesn't even play press coverage and he doesn't make tackles. And he gets beaten at the catch point routinely. Nothing in his game screams physicality.

It's irritating that you're trying to justify every one of your selections. Accept the criticism and stop throwing crap at the wall and praying for something to stick.

Archived