2 Round END wave 1 FA, Mock Correction

IrishHooligan00

5 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Lions NEED a RB, Stafford can't do everything in DET all the damn time. 

I see a highly Likely Scenario where NE does trade down, just didn't incorporate it into this mock. 

I agree they need a back. They started with Blount. He will be part of a group that will have different skills. There are tremendous backs that will be picked in the later rounds. Here a short list that are going to be there later in the draft.  Lion can't afford to waste draft capital with a new system being used.

2. Derrius Guice | LSU

3. Rashaad Penny | San Diego State

4. Sony Michel | Georgia

5. Ronald Jones II | USC

6. Nick Chubb | Georgia

7. Royce Freeman | Oregon

8. Kerryon Johnson | Auburn

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/11/2018-nfl-draft-running-back-rankings/

6 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Problem is teams don't know who or what position will go in top 4. Cleveland is said to be all over Bradley Chubb as well. Denver might stay put for Quentin Nelson ? And Chubb profiles as a 4/3 DE not a 3/4 OLB but I'm just an arm chair scout like everyone else 

If Barkley is available at #4, guaranteed CLE is running to the podium. #1, #3, Guaranteed QBS, #2, Most likely QB unless giants stay put. 

Chubb possesses high-end physical traits, years of production and the ability to play in a variety of positions in both odd and even fronts. Chubb returned to school last year and turned areas of improvement into areas of strength. His motor and athletic ability cause him to jump off the tape snap after snap and his play attributes and production should translate quickly as a pro. Chubb should be an early pick, early starter and multi-time Pro Bowler. -Lance Zierlein

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

??? Do people depend on their 2nd and 3rd string TE's to turn their franchise around? This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. And what about DeValve doesn't impress you? He's better than 85% of #2 TE's in the NFL. Your Mark Andrews pick was terrible and we'd have a lot more respect for you if you stopped trying to justify your turd pick and just changed it to something that has more than a 0% chance of happening.

I can buy Orlando Brown becoming a good player, but he's not a pass blocker. A lot of Oklahoma's pass blocking concepts have him blocking down and someone else acting as the edge protector on the blind side. He's a RT all the way in my opinion and has a very slim chance to be a LT long-term. And how will a coaching staff change the fact that he's too slow to pass set against crazy fast weak side NFL defenders? Brian O'Neill is a dude that would benefit from great coaching because his technique needs to improve. Orlando Brown needs his speed to improve, not his technique. He's going to be blown by quite often in the NFL if you ask him to play LT against the elite speed rushers. This pick is too risky for the Browns to make.

Why do I have to watch his game film from a year ago? The most recent tape shows him getting destroyed by speed, missing tackles, and struggling to high point the ball against smaller WR's. Being big doesn't mean he can cover AJ Green or Antonio Brown. He can't high point over 5'10 WR's in college, but he's going to shut down two of the best WR's in the NFL? I don't think you've watched him play if you think he's a perfect red zone corner because he gets outmuscled for the football constantly. That was my biggest complaint about McFadden BEFORE his disaster of a combine. I understand there are non-speed cover corners as you mentioned, but there are no corners with anchors attached to their legs like McFadden has. Name a starting CB in the NFL that ran slower than McFadden. *spoiler alert*--There aren't any. There's a difference between not being fast and being embarrassingly slow. And I'm willing to bet you just looked at McFadden's size and decided that he was physical. He doesn't even play press coverage and he doesn't make tackles. And he gets beaten at the catch point routinely. Nothing in his game screams physicality.

It's irritating that you're trying to justify every one of your selections. Accept the criticism and stop throwing crap at the wall and praying for something to stick.

CLE is a team that a good duo of TE's could change the Franchise, Wanna know why, because a TE is a QBS best friend. Wanna help whoever gets stuck at QB, get him some reliable options who can get the ball. 

Orlando Brown has the length and size to play LT, his size can easily make up for lack of speed/agility as he showed in college.

Mcfadden is going to be a steal in the 3rd round. his combine was crap, I still don't feel he was 100% from the surgery he had prior to the 2017 season. Believe me go look at the tape from the previous year and all your negatives go away. He will end up being 1 of the top 3 CBS to come out of this draft class. 

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

I agree they need a back. They started with Blount. He will be part of a group that will have different skills. There are tremendous backs that will be picked in the later rounds. Here a short list that are going to be there later in the draft.  Lion can't afford to waste draft capital with a new system being used.

2. Derrius Guice | LSU

3. Rashaad Penny | San Diego State

4. Sony Michel | Georgia

5. Ronald Jones II | USC

6. Nick Chubb | Georgia

7. Royce Freeman | Oregon

8. Kerryon Johnson | Auburn

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/11/2018-nfl-draft-running-back-rankings/

Guice will be gone in the 1st round,

Nick Chubb i feel will go in the 2nd, he has the caliber to be a #1 RB iMO, Just think he'll be gone by the time yall pick in the 2nd. 

Rashaad Penny, Sony Michel, Ronald Jones, Freeman, Johnson all aren't going to be a #1 RB in the NFL, They're all complimentary at best. 

13 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Nick Chubb i feel will go in the 2nd, he has the caliber to be a #1 RB iMO, Just think he'll be gone by the time yall pick in the 2nd. 

Rashaad Penny, Sony Michel, Ronald Jones, Freeman, Johnson all aren't going to be a #1 RB in the NFL, They're all complimentary at best. 

"They're all complimentary at best. " Exactly. Lets say you believe in #1 back philosophy and I believe in the committee of RB. 

IMO   Matty P leans more my way, based on Patriots system and his signing of Blount.

EXample  No right or wrong here,  I would never take Barkley at Browns pick at 4. I would go after Chubbs and if the guards stink in Cleveland I would take Nelson who could be a 10 year star.  Go after Guice or others later.

Myles Garrett  and Chubbs   Holy crap potential to be ( maybe ) Suh and Arnold.

15 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Orlando Brown has the length and size to play LT, his size can easily make up for lack of speed/agility as he showed in college.

A good comparison from Brown is Max Starks.  Like  Starks, Brown should go in the 3rd round due to his feet being made of cement.  Max Starks was a technician with the great size ( like Brown.  He also tested better in the combine than Brown( even Brown's pro day).  Brown, if he can stay in shape, will be a Rt in the league for 10 year.  Even as a RT I would wonder if they would not need someone to help chip on his side.

17 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The Lions are coming from the Patriots school of football. They rarely take a first round RB and generally tend to trade down and acquire more picks. The Lions only have 6 picks this year while implementing a new defensive scheme. There's a much greater chance that they trade down than up to get a RB like Guice. Especially if this is a deep RB class (which many people have said is the case). Two of the best RB's in the league last year were mid-round guys (Hunt and Kamara). The Patriots don't tend to have a #1 RB and use a committee.

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

"They're all complimentary at best. " Exactly. Lets say you believe in #1 back philosophy and I believe in the committee of RB. 

IMO   Matty P leans more my way, based on Patriots system and his signing of Blount.

EXample  No right or wrong here,  I would never take Barkley at Browns pick at 4. I would go after Chubbs and if the guards stink in Cleveland I would take Nelson who could be a 10 year star.  Go after Guice or others later.

Myles Garrett  and Chubbs   Holy crap potential to be ( maybe ) Suh and Arnold.

When you have an extra 1st round pick and a generational talent in Barkley, I think you can make the exception. You're not wrong in most of your comments regarding MP and the Pats though.

18 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

CLE is a team that a good duo of TE's could change the Franchise, Wanna know why, because a TE is a QBS best friend. Wanna help whoever gets stuck at QB, get him some reliable options who can get the ball. 

Mcfadden is going to be a steal in the 3rd round. his combine was crap, I still don't feel he was 100% from the surgery he had prior to the 2017 season. Believe me go look at the tape from the previous year and all your negatives go away. He will end up being 1 of the top 3 CBS to come out of this draft class. 

This is something Dorsey himself developed. Notice the importance of #1 and #2 CBs as well as #1 and #2 Edge rusher. #1 TE doesn't show up until second to last, #2 TE is at the bottom. We have a bunch of #2's and #3's CBs as well as Nickels but we lack a #1 CB. We lack a #1 wr (gordon can't stay clean and I'm taking a show me approach to him) That is why I cannot see us going #2 TE at #33 and OT Brown at #35. Not when CBs and WRs are available. So... #1 - QB, #4 - Ward or Chubb, #33 - WR, #35 CB if Ward wasn't selected or BPA, WR/CB/OT/RB in that order (Brown could be a pick here however I'm not that impressed with LTs past MCGlinchey.) #64 - BPA or RB. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

NFL_Pyramid.0.jpg

I don't LOVE the Skins draft, but I wouldn't hate it either. We need a NT more than a DE I think, and I'm just not sure about Ridley anymore. 

I think, based on your scenario, I'd prefer Vea/ Edmunds in the 1st and then Price in the 2nd.

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

The Lions are coming from the Patriots school of football. They rarely take a first round RB and generally tend to trade down and acquire more picks. The Lions only have 6 picks this year while implementing a new defensive scheme. There's a much greater chance that they trade down than up to get a RB like Guice. Especially if this is a deep RB class (which many people have said is the case). Two of the best RB's in the league last year were mid-round guys (Hunt and Kamara). The Patriots don't tend to have a #1 RB and use a committee.

When you have an extra 1st round pick and a generational talent in Barkley, I think you can make the exception. You're not wrong in most of your comments regarding MP and the Pats though.

Trust me I would have to think hard on this one, but I would end up staying with my philosophy.  Walk out of the  draft with Nelson and Guice IMO beats, Barkley and ?.

21 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Trust me I would have to think hard on this one, but I would end up staying with my philosophy.  Walk out of the  draft with Nelson and Guice IMO beats, Barkley and ?.

Could just take Barkely at #1 and Nelson at #4? They already have Tyrod and could trade back into the 1st to grab a Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph. Lamar could be of the Deshaun Watson ilk.. a QB that people aren't THAT fond of who turns out to be one of the better ones when the games are being played. I think there will be an early run at QB and guys like Jackson and Rudolph will wind up going between 15-25.

Archived