Eagles DE Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He probably knocked her over trying to gain access to the field. If this were a 30 something healthy person I highly doubt there would've been injuries or charges. 

Seems super odd as to why someone who can't physically stop anyone from gaining access to the field, is working that job, on the biggest game in the world at that. 

It is Michael Bennett. Professional offensive linemen can't stop him. You think a regular, glorified mall cop can?

https://app.dao.hctx.net/nfl-player-indicted-harris-county-grand-jury

A Harris County grand jury Friday indicted Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett for the felony charge of injury of the elderly for injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic who was working at NRG Stadium to control access to the field at SuperBowl LI, prosecutors said.

On Feb 5, 2017, Bennett was a spectator and in town to watch his brother, a player for the New England Patriots.

Immediately following the game, Bennett shoved his way on to the field where players were gathering to celebrate.

NRG Security personnel, including the 66-year-old disabled victim, told Bennett he had to use a different entrance for field access. Instead, he pushed through them, including the elderly woman who was part of the security team.

The charge, injury to the elderly, includes intentionally and knowingly, causing bodily injury to a person 65 years or older.

It carries a penalty of up to ten years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

It's a richardhead move no matter how you slice it, but how would Bennett possibly know the age of security guard?

Will be interesting how it shakes out regardless. What the Eagles do with him from this point, who knows. Lot of information yet to be heard. Whatever the case, I would imagine Philly would probably like a do over. But, when it comes to the Bennetts, you're asking for issues in some form or another. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It's not a "guy" its a 66 year old, disabled elderly woman. Doesn't sound like you read the indictment. The charge is doing harm to an elderly person, which is probably as simple as knocking them on the ground. 

Why are  you defending a 274 pound man knocking a 66-year-old paraplegic to the ground?  Do you know what a paraplegic is? 

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Do you think the Seahawks new there was the potential of this happening when they traded him?

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I would assume the eagles would have known as well but who knows.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He probably knocked her over trying to gain access to the field. If this were a 30 something healthy person I highly doubt there would've been injuries or charges. 

Seems super odd as to why someone who can't physically stop anyone from gaining access to the field, is working that job, on the biggest game in the world at that. 

One Q and 2 comments:

1.   Q - would there be footage here?   Footage would be key to show if it was truly intentional, or malicious.  Doubt it was either, given the context.  That would go a long way to clear him or damn him (and his chances to keep playing football).

2.  The Seahawks & Eagles either both didn't know, or both knew - otherwise, that deal gets voided if the Eagles weren't informed and the Seahawks knew about this.

3.  The chances we can keep this on football alone seem rather slim.   Let's try anyways!

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not a "guy" its a 66 year old, disabled elderly woman. Doesn't sound like you read the indictment. The charge is doing harm to an elderly person, which is probably as simple as knocking them on the ground. 

You dont get charged a felony for simply knocking someone to the ground, unless the laws in TX are absurd. 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

It's a richardhead move no matter how you slice it, but how would Bennett possibly know the age of security guard?

It's his responsibility to know, when the same offense carries different weight depending on what specific demographics the victim belongs to. All sheep are equal but some are more equal than others, as the expression goes.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You do if they are 66 years old, they hit the ground and break a hip.

Am I the only one reading here?

Am I the only one reading paraplegic?  Do you know the definition of paraplegic?  Paralyzed from the waist down. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

It is Michael Bennett. Professional offensive linemen can't stop him. You think a regular, glorified mall cop can?

I'm saying at these type of events people try to gain access to the field. If a 30 year old man/women was moved aside to gain access to the field and fell, they most likely arent injured. This woman was put directly in harms way for a job she couldn't perform. Doesn't matter if it was Michael Bennett or some players mom/dad that were storming the field, that woman shouldn't have been in that spot.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Am I the only one reading paraplegic?  Do you know the definition of paraplegic?  Paralyzed from the waist down. 

You can still break a hip though whether or not someone is paraplegic.   Just means they won't feel it.  Doesn't mean it's less serious.

We're all just speculating though.   

Archived