Eagles DE Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

https://app.dao.hctx.net/nfl-player-indicted-harris-county-grand-jury

A Harris County grand jury Friday indicted Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett for the felony charge of injury of the elderly for injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic who was working at NRG Stadium to control access to the field at SuperBowl LI, prosecutors said.

On Feb 5, 2017, Bennett was a spectator and in town to watch his brother, a player for the New England Patriots.

Immediately following the game, Bennett shoved his way on to the field where players were gathering to celebrate.

NRG Security personnel, including the 66-year-old disabled victim, told Bennett he had to use a different entrance for field access. Instead, he pushed through them, including the elderly woman who was part of the security team.

The charge, injury to the elderly, includes intentionally and knowingly, causing bodily injury to a person 65 years or older.

It carries a penalty of up to ten years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

It's a richardhead move no matter how you slice it, but how would Bennett possibly know the age of security guard?

Okay, so Bennett is a scumbag and jerkoff who deserves all that he gets... but how on god's green earth is the NRG Security hiring a freaking 66 year old disabled individual as part of their 'security' personnel? Who exactly can a 66 year old disabled individual stop?

Bonehead by Bennett, but also beyond stupid by the security organization.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why are  you defending a 274 pound man knocking a 66-year-old paraplegic to the ground?  Do you know what a paraplegic is? 

Learn what "defending" means.

I'm pissed that a security company would put a disabled elderly woman in charge of holding back crowds from gaining access to the field in the one game a year where media/family/friends probably rush the field to gain access to celebrate with their loved ones.

Bennett is a d-bag, both of them are. Still doesn't mean this company shouldn't be scrutinized for an equally stupid decision. 

Just now, Broncofan said:

You can still break a hip though whether or not someone is paraplegic.   Just means they won't feel it.  Doesn't mean it's less serious.

You're not getting it.  How could Bennett have "bumped into" a paraplegic to knock them down and break a hip?  How many times do you bump into someone in a wheelchair and knock the wheelchair over on accident? 

Like I said, you don't get an arrest warrant for bumping into someone no matter how bad the injury was.  It had to have been egregious for him to receive a felony charge for it. 

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why in the hell is an elderly, disabled woman working security in a SB though? That's the real question here.

While we certainly need to wait for more information to come out prior to judging the situation, I don't know that this is "the real question here."

The individual was likely more of an usher, directing people to where they should be going.  Doesn't need to be a bouncer type for that role.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Learn what "defending" means.

I'm pissed that a security company would put a disabled elderly woman in charge of holding back crowds from gaining access to the field in the one game a year where media/family/friends probably rush the field to gain access to celebrate with their loved ones.

Bennett is a d-bag, both of them are. Still doesn't mean this company shouldn't be scrutinized for an equally stupid decision. 

Maybe it was her dream to provide security for the Super Bowl, and maybe the security company thought, "There is no way in hell anybody could be a big enough POS to knock over a paraplegic 66-year-old woman." 

1 minute ago, One Punch Man said:

So what’s the worst case scenario here?

I imagine Bennett has a clause in his contract that voids certain guarantees if he gets in trouble with the NFL, seems to be a pretty common thing nowadays. Although checking Spotrac it seems he doesn't have much guaranteed money left, anyway.

Just now, sp6488 said:

While we certainly need to wait for more information to come out prior to judging the situation, I don't know that this is "the real question here."

The individual was likely more of an usher, directing people to where they should be going.  Doesn't need to be a bouncer type for that role.

Exactly, its not like this individual was at the main gate holding the masses out

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're not getting it.  How could Bennett have "bumped into" a paraplegic to knock them down and break a hip?  How many times do you bump into someone in a wheelchair and knock the wheelchair over on accident? 

Like I said, you don't get an arrest warrant for bumping into someone no matter how bad the injury was.  It had to have been egregious for him to receive a felony charge for it. 

Was basically coming to type this. Even without anybody sitting in a wheel chair, you can bump it, and that wheel chair doesn’t just tip over.

with someone sitting in that chair, even say she weighs 90 lbs, you will have to use some force to get this lady to flip over hard enough to hurt her.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Did you read what he was arrested for? Causing harm to an elderly person. Meaning if he bumped into that wheelchair and it tipped over and she got hurt, damn right he's getting charged. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You can if you're a multi-millionaire. Just how it is. Not saying that's the case here but obviously it happens regularly.

Archived