Eagles DE Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Yes because there is no way she has been working for more than a single year at this company. 

Who knows how long she's been working there. The fact remains if they were barred from firing her, she shouldn't be anywhere in this kind of situation because this is almost certainly going to happen at some point.

Things some should keep in mind: 

- Doesn’t matter if it’s negligence, recklessness, intentional, or knowing. Those are all felony charges in Texas when dealing with an elderly, mentally impaired, or child victim. The resulting penalties differ with those distinctions, but they’re felony charges nonetheless.

- Bennett is being charged, not found guilty. I’m not a fan of his whatsoever and he deserves virtually no benefit of the doubt, but it’s important to let the process play out before chastising anybody. Knee jerk reactions are expected, but in the interest of fairness, we have little information.

-  While it does use the term “bodily injury”, that is defined as “physical pain, illness, or any impairment of physical condition”. Very vague, though it is more likely than not that the victim’s injuries are more serious than a simple bruise. 

- AFAIK, nobody said the woman was a security guard. Saying she was hired as a security guard may be inaccurate. Her responsibility appeared to be waving fans by an entrance that was not intended to be used. It’s jmportant not to blame the victim here. It may be puzzling that the security company would hire a woman with her description, but that doesn’t mean it’s her or their fault that she got hurt. It’s Bennett’s (if found to be true). 

- The Eagles and Seahawks were not aware of this until recently.

Yeah I highly doubt this lady was in charge of anything physical. Probably more like an usher at a baseball game than anything else. I'm sure she wasn't given handcuffs and a freaking gun. But yeah, it's kind of dumb to hire someone that disabled to work there. But it really is beside the point. I don't care if they put Stephen Hawking there as a deterrent. When someone of authority tells you not to do something and you do it anyways, screw you.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

People like that work security for events like that all the time, honestly. Security teams for sporting events are HUGE, and they're mostly just there for show. They're not actually expected to be able to take on a bouncer style role of physically restricting anybody, they're really just there to direct traffic, where a bright uniform that says they're security and show that what they're blocking is off limits, and that's really it. They're security in the sense that the guy at the front desk in a Best Buy who checks receipts or a Wal-Mart greeter are security. You can have people that are elderly or that have mental or physical disabilities, because they're not expected to have to do anything security wise. Because most people aren't stupid or angry enough to actually physically do something to them. But you're not going to have the stereotypical image of security personnel fill out that entire staff. Doesn't pay well enough for that. And they need too many, for that. Heck, sometimes they'll pull volunteers, too. Not even just paid staff.

Exactly. If you've been to any sporting event or concert or anything, youve seen an elderly person working "security".

This topic devolving into this conversation is so dumb. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I agree. This amount of carelessness and callousness says a lot though. If you knock someone over, you help them up. It certainly sounds like he didn't even think twice about her or the security team after getting past them. Doesn't seem like anyone else had trouble using the other entrance like they were told

Not to mention, how the hell did it get to this point? He's a multi-millionaire, say an apology and sprinkle some cash on it and get this resolved without going to court.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Eagles and Seahawks were not aware of this until recently.

Source on this?

You'd think if law enforcement got involved (they did), they would have gone to the NFL to try to get video footage, and if they went to the NFL I don't see how they wouldn't have informed Bennett's team.

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Not to mention, how the hell did it get to this point? He's a multi-millionaire, say an apology and sprinkle some cash on it and get this resolved without going to court.

Is there anything indicating that this has been an issue that's been building up/lingering over the past 14 months?

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

Sadly I feel that's why there are charges being placed here. We know he won't go to jail for this, she'll get paid and it will be dropped, but the fact that they needed to be placed tells me he was sadly blowing her off. 

More telling to me than the incident itself IMO, was the fact that I'm sure he was made aware of what happened to this woman afterward and didn't actively seek to resolve the situation. 

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

People like that work security for events like that all the time, honestly. Security teams for sporting events are HUGE, and they're mostly just there for show. They're not actually expected to be able to take on a bouncer style role of physically restricting anybody, they're really just there to direct traffic, where a bright uniform that says they're security and show that what they're blocking is off limits, and that's really it. They're security in the sense that the guy at the front desk in a Best Buy who checks receipts or a Wal-Mart greeter are security. You can have people that are elderly or that have mental or physical disabilities, because they're not expected to have to do anything security wise. Because most people aren't stupid or angry enough to actually physically do something to them. But you're not going to have the stereotypical image of security personnel fill out that entire staff. Doesn't pay well enough for that. And they need too many, for that. Heck, sometimes they'll pull volunteers, too. Not even just paid staff.

Even for an event like the SB, half of security or crowd control activity is just making sure people go to the correct places BEFORE they have any interaction with the more hard-*** side of security.  You don't need retired SEALs for that.  We have no reason to assume she was the only line of defense at this event.  There is true security to enter the stadium, true security throughout the stadium and true security on the field.  Again, I have no more information than anyone else here, but it's very likely that she was checking lanyards or something so that thousands of people went in the right direction without having to interact with true security personnel.

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I doubt it was malicious. But it was careless and reeks of "I can do whatever I want because I'm famous and screw you people."

Just so we're clear though - does that become felony assault?

If it's not a felony, his career probably is unaffected.   With a felony...you get the idea.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Source on this?

You'd think if law enforcement got involved (they did), they would have gone to the NFL to try to get video footage, and if they went to the NFL I don't see how they wouldn't have informed Bennett's team.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phillyvoice.com/report-michael-bennett-indicted-felony-charges-injuring-66-year-old-paraplegic-super-bowl/amp/

The tweet is in there.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Source on this?

How could the Seahawks have known?  It is only an incident that occurred at the biggest NFL stage, in an NFL stadium, to an NFL vendor, by an NFL player.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sadly I feel that's why there are charges being placed here. We know he won't go to jail for this, she'll get paid and it will be dropped, but the fact that they needed to be placed tells me he was sadly blowing her off. 

More telling to me than the incident itself IMO, was the fact that I'm sure he was made aware of what happened to this woman afterward and didn't actively seek to resolve the situation. 

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Tells you a lot about the caliber of person that we traded for. 

Archived