Eagles DE Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying at these type of events people try to gain access to the field. If a 30 year old man/women was moved aside to gain access to the field and fell, they most likely arent injured. This woman was put directly in harms way for a job she couldn't perform. Doesn't matter if it was Michael Bennett or some players mom/dad that were storming the field, that woman shouldn't have been in that spot.

What does that have to do with Bennett's behavior? It happened and he is responsible. The focus should be on that, not the hiring process of the security company. 

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Was basically coming to type this. Even without anybody sitting in a wheel chair, you can bump it, and that wheel chair doesn’t just tip over.

with someone sitting in that chair, even say she weighs 90 lbs, you will have to use some force to get this lady to flip over hard enough to hurt her.

It took over a year to get charges for this. If Bennett aggressively did something to knock this women over and gain access to the field, he would've been arrested on the spot. This was probably some freak accident that possibly was caught on tape and they felt there was enough evidence to indict him on the charge of causing harm to this woman.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did you read what he was arrested for? Causing harm to an elderly person. Meaning if he bumped into that wheelchair and it tipped over and she got hurt, damn right he's getting charged. 

You’re not bumping a wheelchair, with someone sitting in it, and tipping it over. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

What does that have to do with Bennett's behavior? It happened and he is responsible. The focus should be on that, not the hiring process of the security company. 

I'm focusing on all the wrongs in this situation. Bennett is only one of them. What more needs to be said on Bennett? He's a jack... we all know that.

The more shocking aspect of this story is that a security company would put this lady in harms way like that.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

You’re not bumping a wheelchair, with someone sitting in it, and tipping it over. 

You think he physically tipped a wheel chair, with an elderly disabled woman sitting in it, and it took over a year for a charge to come from that? 

Obviously no one can say for sure, but I highly doubt that's the case.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The more shocking aspect of this story is that a security company would put this lady in harms way like that.

I really, really don't think it is. 

I had a lot of respect for Bennett for his off the field work and his outspoken-ness. I lost just about all of it after this. 

Can a trade get reversed this long after it happened? Im sure the Eagles are regretting it now. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You think he physically tipped a wheel chair, with an elderly disabled woman sitting in it, and it took over a year for a charge to come from that? 

Obviously no one can say for sure, but I highly doubt that's the case.

Well he could of tossed someone out of the way and into this elderly woman. 

Either way, it was just a walk by and happened to brush into a wheelchair and hurt this old lady.

i get your point about security, but It was probably just some old lady checking field passes. They aren’t asked to be bouncers. 

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're not getting it.  How could Bennett have "bumped into" a paraplegic to knock them down and break a hip?  How many times do you bump into someone in a wheelchair and knock the wheelchair over on accident? 

Like I said, you don't get an arrest warrant for bumping into someone no matter how bad the injury was.  It had to have been egregious for him to receive a felony charge for it. 

In a crowd full of people likely trying to get in?   Easier than it sounds.   You're describing a one-on-one situation, which would be really hard by itself, for sure.    A fall that breaks a hip in a paraplegic patient is way different than a fall with a non-paraplegic patient.  I know you are saying how do you push over a wheelchair - but if you look at the SB footage in general, the crowd control is a major problem to begin with, a lot of jostling is going on already.   That's a much different context than one-on-one.

Everything you say is legit -  just a video of what happened will actually show what exactly did happen.  I can't believe there won't be a video around for each entrance, given general security concerns, and of course, what happened with Brady's helmet last year.   I just hope it comes out, if there is.  Those who are damning Bennett are jumping to conclusions.   Hell, so am I, in assuming it may have been unintentional on his part.   We should get out more facts before drawing conclusions, that's all.   I've got no dog in this show, so take it FWIW.

EDIT:  Just realized this happened last year, so the chance there wasn't video is greater.  WTF?   How does this take a year to bring to a grand jury?  There's got to be more to this.

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why are  you defending a 274 pound man knocking a 66-year-old paraplegic to the ground?  Do you know what a paraplegic is? 

Why is a 66 year old paraplegic working security at such an important event? It's ridiculous.You may as well hire a chimpanzee to code the rocket propulsion systems for The Falcon Heavy. This isn't to excuse Michael Bennett's behavior and especially not his past, but if he's charged with something then there is something seriously wrong with the justice system.  

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why?

If you're that curious, he just wrote a book with Dave Zirin. If you read that, you will understand why. He's a smart guy who advances a lot of social issues. I am (was) a fan of both of the Bennett brothers. 

Just now, Danger said:

Why is a 66 year old paraplegic working security at such an important event? It's ridiculous.You may as well hire a chimpanzee to code the rocket propulsion systems for The Falcon Heavy. This isn't to excuse Michael Bennett's behavior and especially not his past, but if he's charged with something then there is something seriously wrong with the justice system.  

As I mentioned previously, not every person involved with security/crowd control is going to be a bouncer or off-duty officer.  There are numerous folks at these events that are simply ushers, looking at passes/tickets and directing people to the appropriate locations.  That function is not typically dangerous.  If there is an altercation or issue, they would then involve OTHER security personnel.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I really, really don't think it is. 

I had a lot of respect for Bennett for his off the field work and his outspoken-ness. I lost just about all of it after this. 

Can a trade get reversed this long after it happened? Im sure the Eagles are regretting it now. 

We put a couple of 6'4 280 pound guys standing in from of mediocre bands at summer festivals that draw 2500 people, but the SB has a 66 year old, elderly, disabled woman guarding an entrance we knows gains direct access to the field or Bennett would've never met her in the first place. This is OK for you?

I hope Bennett get's whatever he's got coming, I just feel for this woman. I know she probably still wants to live her life and enjoy a job, but there are other positions a security company could use her in, this was negligence on their part.

Archived