Eagles DE Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest

49erurtaza

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

The county should worry more about why the adequate security wasn't hired for the biggest event in the US vs what Bennett did tbh

Seriously.

What is a 66 year old handicap doing working security?

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

As I mentioned previously, not every person involved with security/crowd control is going to be a bouncer or off-duty officer.  There are numerous folks at these events that are simply ushers, looking at passes/tickets and directing people to the appropriate locations.  That function is not typically dangerous.  If there is an altercation or issue, they would then involve OTHER security personnel.

She was stationed at a direct access point to the field where the public was obviously not allowed to be or they would've never confronted Bennett. Nothing about that positions sounds like a ticket usher.

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If you're that curious, he just wrote a book with Dave Zirin. If you read that, you will understand why. He's a smart guy who advances a lot of social issues. I am (was) a fan of both of the Bennett brothers. 

Advances a lot of social issues...by lying?    Even if he does advance a lot of social issues, it doesn't explain him being a piece of crap in other areas of life.

Sometimes people are trash.

1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

Noticing a trend in this thread. Eagles fans blaming the security team vs. everyone else blaming Bennett.

I think you're over-simplifying things.

Signed, a Dolphins fan who is also wondering why a wheelchair-bound elderly woman was in that position and why it took 14 months for any charges to be filed. 

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Advances a lot of social issues...by lying?    Even if he does advance a lot of social issues, it doesn't explain him being a piece of crap in other areas of life.

Sometimes people are trash.

Im not going to get into this with you here. But yes, obviously he has clearly demonstrated that he is a trash person with this act. 

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Soooo... if someone hurts another person.... they shouldn’t be charged with something?

The fact that there was a 66 year old paraplegic working security in an event where something like this is inevitably going to happen is ludicrous. Additionally, while I don't know this for sure, I have my doubts that it was direct confrontation, but rather Bennett was simply caught up in the moment and paid no mind to the individual and shoved them relatively unknowingly. His brother just won the Super Bowl, wouldn't you be excited and sort of not paying attention to anything else? I blame the staff at NRG stadium for allowing an unfit worker to be hired into a dangerous situation.

Bennett isn't a good person, but this whole case is asinine.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

If he pushed his way to get onto the field, and tipped an old lady over and hurt her, he shouldn’t get charged?

Well now you're adding qualifiers. Let's add another one: "intentionally" or "through careless actions". Throw one of those in there and my answer is Yes he should be charged.

Archived