Eagles DE Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest

49erurtaza

24 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Noticing a trend in this thread. Eagles fans blaming the security team vs. everyone else blaming Bennett.

To be fair, there's a Packer fan, a Charger fan and a few others who see the issue with security.   But I truly doubt no one is leaving Bennett blameless here, if he put his hands on a paraplegic lady, then he deserves the charge.   I would love to see video, if they have it.

The fact it took a year to go to a grand jury, though - if it was as cut and dried as Bennett putting his hands on someone, them falling and getting hurt, doesn't this happen sooner?   Am I missing something here?  Again, I have no dog in this show, genuinely curious.

Even the vague report of what happened made it pretty easy to understand.

-Bennett wanted to get on the field

-He was told not to by security

-Being an entitled egotistical maniac he felt like he do whatever he wanted to do

-Barged his way into the field past an elderly woman, knocking her down in the course of his actions

-She was injured because he did something he was told not to do

-Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not get out of jail free

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I forgot that a 270 lbs athlete doesn’t have enough common sense to not knock over someone in a wheelchair.

I forgot that in an area chalk full of thousands of fans, many of which intoxicated, in which emotions are flying high would generally be considered remotely safe for someone in a wheelchair.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think you could absolutely argue this. It doesn't mean he did it purposefully, but I do think he didn't give a fudge about anyone around him and just blasted his way through.

Oh you definitely could, I just don't think you can with the information we currently have (minimal). I'd love to see some video, they must have something if they decided to press charges 14 months later.

Can't even discuss anything because the thread is filled with people calling Michael Bennett human garbage because an elderly paraplegic was "injured" while working security? Like, are you kidding me?

I absolutely agree that an elderly paraplegic woman working security is just a disaster waiting to happen, especially at a freaking professional sporting event. Should Bennett have tried to push past security to get onto the field? No. Should the stadium staff bear some of the blame for having an elderly paraplegic as part of their on-field security team? Absolutely.

Anyways, I'm curious. If he ends up facing jail time as a result of this, what would the Eagles/lose gain financially if they cut him?

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

I forgot that a 270 lbs athlete doesn’t have enough common sense to not knock over someone in a wheelchair.

Again you're making this out to be like Bennett confronted this woman one on one. There were probably large numbers of people trying to gain access to the field at this point, and probably more than 1 guard. Much more plausible that Bennett shoved someone else, they trip and land on the wheelchair on knock the lady over.

Not excusing anything Bennett did, but this was one of the most dramatic, if not the most dramatic ending to a SB of all time. I'm sure people were "storming" those entrances trying to get on the field. Media/family/friends. Even if the intent of the company wasn't to have this lady be "muscle" holding back crowds, they sure should've considered the risks.

Hopefully Bennett has to fork over enough cash to make this woman live comfortably for the rest of her life, and the security company never does something so stupid again.

Just now, cddolphin said:
8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think you could absolutely argue this. It doesn't mean he did it purposefully, but I do think he didn't give a fudge about anyone around him and just blasted his way through.

Oh you definitely could, I just don't think you can with the information we currently have (minimal). I'd love to see some video, they must have something if they decided to press charges 14 months later.

I agree. If it's shown that Bennett did this with malicious intent than he deserves whatever comes his way.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I forgot that in an area chalk full of thousands of fans, many of which intoxicated, in which emotions are flying high would generally be considered remotely safe for someone in a wheelchair.

And not one of those thousands of fans hurt an old woman in a wheelchair... but the 270 lb NFL defensive lineman thought it was a good idea so he could get on the field.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

And not one of those thousands of fans hurt an old woman in a wheelchair... but the 270 lb NFL defensive lineman thought it was a good idea so he could get on the field.

And not one of the other security guards was hurt by one of those fans.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Again you're making this out to be like Bennett confronted this woman one on one. There were probably large numbers of people trying to gain access to the field at this point, and probably more than 1 guard. Much more plausible that Bennett shoved someone else, they trip and land on the wheelchair on knock the lady over.

Not excusing anything Bennett did, but this was one of the most dramatic, if not the most dramatic ending to a SB of all time. I'm sure people were "storming" those entrances trying to get on the field. Media/family/friends. Even if the intent of the company wasn't to have this lady be "muscle" holding back crowds, they sure should've considered the risks.

Hopefully Bennett has to fork over enough cash to make this woman live comfortably for the rest of her life, and the security company never does something so stupid again.

Here is a little more information directly from the article:

DY_o2gIXUAA195v.jpg:large

There was a team of security, and the elderly woman was part of that security team.

Archived